Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

nielsm posted:

Very hype for more Concrete Revolutio.

yeah!

Definitely going to be watching that, Flying Witch, and Macross.

And probably more that i've forgotten or have overlooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Julias posted:

Honestly, looking at the Pvs, the website, and all that stuff, it looks really mediocre. Plus, the franchise is old enough that not everything is guaranteed to get a gold star of quality.

I thought the early preview episode was a lot of fun and am looking forward to the series proper.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm not sure what a series can offer that the original short didn't besides Hana Kanezawa and color i guess, but here's a trailer for She and Her Cat: Everything Flows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y3OtzPl50M

Shinkai's beautiful original short:
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1082692RS8xT7yB

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43opVPF0e7g

sweetness and lightning pv. they got the same va as for the shy girl in barakamon for the kid, so it doesn't sound like a grown woman doing a 6 year olds voice. a trend i support

Cute!

Anyhow, i'll probably give the new Sailor Moon another shot this time around; while i didn't totally despise it, i sure didn't like it that much and eventually just stopped watching every week.

e: ever other week

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 6, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Julias posted:

I understand that the new season of crystal will probably be better than the last season, but it still seems weird to me for people to go: so you skiped a large part of the first half of the show? Well, try the second half! Including missing out on all of the plot details you missed :confused:

Basically, if you haven't seen the old show/ read the manga, then what sense does it make to skip to the second half?

Probably none at all, but i've done both.

On the other hand it's not some tightly-plotted intricate political thriller. If you know the barest outlines about anything, you could probably just jump in wherever.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm not sure if i'm any more interested in the anime than i was the manga, but that music seems like a fantastic choice for that preview.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I didn't like the first episode of She and Her Cat, possibly I'm just extra picky because I adore the original short. Or possibly because I didn't like how the cat was drawn.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Excellent.

Now they just need to announce that Osomatsu-san will be airing in perpetuity.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah i dunno if the movie(s) will actually be any good, but i love, love love that trailer for it.

That's it, i'm going to re-watch the series.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kytrarewn posted:

I really enjoy the main mercenary girl (Wydine Uptown, this show has the best names, though she's no Prizewell City Slicker). Voiced by Satomi Arai, but not obnoxiously, which is a bit of a rarity after the Toarus and Shimoneta.

As to the other topic, Crunchyroll is the only anime streaming service that I'll pay for. I miss out on a couple of big name shows for a while doing that, but Netflix is awful at subtitling things (Due to the software they use, primarily. A goon friend of mine tells me that CR is the only one of he bunch that actually uses a fork of Aegissub). Funimation, for its part, doesn't have all that many exclusives that I would have been horrified to have missed (with few exceptions, such as Spice World: Wolf Edition). Daisuki just doesn't have the library of older shows to justify my dollars.

Funi has a bunch of stuff I like: kamisama kiss, Dimension W, Grimgar, Tenchi Muyo, snow white with red hair, etc

It's me, I'm the guy subscribed to Amazon. Crunchyroll, funimation and Netflix. Plus watching Gundam ibo on daisuki (free version).

:shepspends:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

I saw the first episode, and it looked like it was at least a slightly more technically competent than average version of that standard cookie-cutter plot, so I could sort of see how people who were new to anime and unfamiliar with all those hoary old tropes might have liked it. Did it seriously drop off a cliff later on?

It's just that. All the way through.

I don't understand how anyone whether new to that type of setup or not would be actively excited for the next part beyond maybe a "ah neat, guess maybe I'll keep watching"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Motto posted:

there are people out there with the ability to enjoy things that we do not. a strange, terrifying power.

I also don't belive you. :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I guess the thing that's surprising to me isn't that it's on the list, just that it's at the top of it.

I wish the fans of it well and hope they all enjoy it. :)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

they're all going to hatewatch it and then watch that guy's retarded reviews

I watched the last one because i agree that asterix war is moderately bad, and quite liked failed knight, but i didn't know it was a whole hatewatch thing that goes on and on for longer than the actual mediocre show itself.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

also there are 100 people who put Asterisk s2 as Watching, On Hold, Dropped, or Completed despite it not actually airing yet. over 500 people have also given the show a score already.

Ladies and gentleman: the internet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

The smiley face with blood on it except it's a big ol' anime eye.

That's a good image, and I'm legitimately surprised I haven seen someone make one.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nalin posted:

Failed Knight continues to be better than Asterisk in every way, which includes not having a second season.

Exactly.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

Are Oingo Boingo known for being particularly litigious?

Who knows, the label might be though. Maybe they just didn't want to risk it.

Since Steely Dan was originally the name of a dildo in Naked Lunch, they should have just left it.

Is the character from Yokohama?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

What the heck

Yeah that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A sequel set years later? Answers to questions no one asked?

The Eureka Seven: AO approach. Super.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

.jpg posted:

Was there anything standout good from winter season? I've only had time to keep up with Osomatsu

Erased was pretty drat good.

And Grimgar and KonoSuba are two completely different takes on the ol' "normal people transported to a fantasy world" story.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I'm kinda disappointed that Macross Delta only added 3 minutes since the early preview, but those 3 minutes included another breakdancing robot, so it's okay.

Edit: also, it somehow managed to resurrect gg

gg is dead
long live gg

Wonder if they're gonna do the whole thing?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Motorcycles Girls Crunchyroll

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/716815117090816000

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Julias posted:

Everytime this get's posted, it makes me legitimately feel uncomfortable, especially considering what must be going on through her head during the last few seconds of her life :gonk:

It's the official "a kitten will probably not be watching HxH anytime soon" gif.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mentat Radnor posted:

Bakuon! is an elaborate commercial for Japanese motorcycle brands that features cute girls discovering the joy of riding fast on the open road. It also rags on expensive Italian bikes for being unreliable and high maintenance.

It's gonna be good. :japan:

Edit - No, the girls do not transform into bikes, they ride them.

Good, only assholes ride Ducatis.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Where is Concrete Revolutio I wonder? The op has the third listed, but it's not on either Funi or Daisuki.

I'm really looking forward to it, whenever the heck it shows up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes lets all do our part to shame some VA for whatever the gently caress.

ANYWAY

New Sailor Moon is up (haven't watched it yet)

So is Bakuon!! (haven't watched it yet either)

Yay spring anime. :neckbeard:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm not sure what CERBERUS is besides it apparently having a stacked catgirl, but crunchyroll is streaming it now.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Some say she is a secretly a cat from Sanrio
Others say she can rev an engine with only her twintails.
All we know is that she's not the Stig, but his Japanese cousin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG5qf0H4tTI

Btw, her bio lists her weight as three apples, the same as a certain Kitty

She really is the Stig, I'll be damned.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I hope Bakuon!! has my friends Yamaha in it somewhere, she'd get a kick out of it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cerberus was kinda decent, good enough that I'll give it a handful of episodes at least.

Seems like a fairly straightforward anime fantasy adventure.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Admoon posted:

I really like the haircut on the third biker girl

It's poofy. :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

so besides being dumb does it get better then cause it started with a generic medieval thing and a girl in chains and i was just like why bother

The girl in chains and some of the cultists or whatever are actually trying to defeat the dragon, so she pops out of those chains and whips out a sword and starts fighting.

so that's something maybe.

I feel like it has a chance at least to be a reasonably fun fantasy adventure so i'll give it a couple episodes and see what happens.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

How does I make a thread? I'm intending to do one for Bakuon since that seems reasonably popular enough for a thread.

Post> Pick a title and a tag> write op> voila

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Optional: beg Bad Seafood for one of cycle asylum's tags

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

If you make a Bakuon thread, I will post Stig jokes every week.

Agronox posted:

MANDATORY

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

grrarg posted:

Bakuon was wonderfully dumb. It also had a cameo from Yowamushi Pedal's captain. Too lazy to find a comparison image, but here's the one from Bakuon.

:rip:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Has anyone picked up flying witch and I've just forgotten?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

Asked whether he had read the Brown novel, Eco replied:

"I was obliged to read it because everybody was asking me about it. My answer is that Dan Brown is one of the characters in my novel Foucault’s Pendulum, which is about people who start believing in occult stuff.

– But you yourself seem interested in the kabbalah, alchemy and other occult practices explored in the novel.

No. In Foucault’s Pendulum I wrote the grotesque representation of these kind of people. So Dan Brown is one of my creatures."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jesus funi, i had to dig a bit to find this out.

Concrete Revolutio (Season 2) Friday, April 8 @ 9:00am ET Simulcast only

• Locked thread