Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

GorfZaplen posted:

The anime is set in a continent ruled by sword and magic called Kunaaan, where a power balance between the Holy Kingdom of Amoria, the Kingdom of Ishilfen, and the Vanrodis Kingdom keeps a peace so unstable that any tragedy that befalls any one kingdom will mean war for the entire continent. Another power, the evil dragon Daganzord, also resides on the continent, and no one is powerful enough to stop him from spreading destruction and charred land in his wake. Two individuals, Bairo and Kismitete, undertook a ritual alongside a party of wizards to seal Daganzord, but were foiled. This event was known thereafter as the Balbagoa Tragedy. Bairo and Kismitete's son Hiiro is saved by Giiru, and Hiiro swears to avenge his parents' deaths and trains himself with the sword. When Hiiro turns 16, he sets out on a journey to slay the dragon, and Giruu accompanies him, having no choice. Along the way, they meet many types of people, and gain companions on their journey.

Gonna need something more to sell me on this jrpg .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

GorfZaplen posted:

It has titties, check the PV

Allarion posted:

Gonna need something more to sell me on this jrpg .

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Full clip just cause it's too cute

https://jii.moe/VkE8wBnjx.webm

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh cool, Wagakki Band is doing the OP for Twin Star Exorcists. I thought Twin Star Exorcists had a decent enough premise for the battle shonen that it is. It's also by the creator of Binbougami-ga so I tend to give it some good will due to that.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

that doesn't explain the loss of mustache

She can't be in comedic mode all the time sharkey.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

I don't even know what that is but I guess I'm in.

I recommend it!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted:

unless it looks the same and sounds the same and focuses on different characters (because why revisit Naota and friends) i'm not super into the idea.

Also it was very much a product of its time too so I doubt a sequel would capture that same feel.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Motto posted:

I'm not a Fate guy, but are three movies enough to cram a route into?

Very intense cooking? I would have guessed a duology personally.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

its cool and the guy who made it is cool, but i like gunsword more than geass

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I'm very excited!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here's a PV for Mayoiga. Still no idea where they're gonna go with it, but could be interesting.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40o7ym_mayoiga-pv2_tv

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

we are getting a motherfwigging new working!!!

its about another restaurant i guess!!!!

i saw a few pages from it in the big working epilogue and all i remember is that one of em is a single mom who brings her kid to work

Cool.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Agronox posted:

Um, this is kind of for Spring Season of last year maybe, but I don't know where else to post it so I hope no one minds.

I started watching Parasyte. I really like that, within the first ten seconds you get that scene that tells you, "Oh, it's going to be THAT kind of show." Fun Cronenbergian body horror.

My question after a few eps is, can I watch this at the gym where people might see my iPad? The violence and weird body stuff is okay, but with Migi being REALLY interested in seeing Sinichi get laid I'm wondering if there's any sex in this.

I think you're fine if I remember right. It's been a while since I've read the manga though admittedly.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Now they're singing a traveling song...? What the gently caress is this show

I haven't watched it yet, but my assumption was basically Shirobako: Country Life (maybe Horror) edition the moment they announced all 30 of their characters.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I have a feeling the author just wanted to write a cool spy story set during that time period.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Darth Walrus posted:

It's set in the same year as the Rape of Nanking, though, and that remains a giant hot-button topic in both Chinese and Japanese politics, so I'd be very surprised if that doesn't show up in the show. Kind of like a cool spy story set in Poland in the Forties. You know the Holocaust's going to get mentioned at some point, so everyone's curious and a little nervous about how something so spectacularly uncool will be handled.

Or it's an alternate history. Like the movie's synopsis was

quote:

Set along a backdrop of a fictitious second world war at an international city in Asia.

In Japan, Lieutenant Colonel Yuki (Yusuke Iseya) recommends the creation of spy training school "D Kikan". Meanwhile, Kato (Kazuya Kamenashi) is facing capital punishment for his refusal to follow a superior's order. Kato is then scouted by "D Kikan". He goes through a harsh training regiment and faces his first mission as a spy.

In order to seize American ambassador Graham's confidential documents "Black Note." Kato infiltrates into an international city. A battle to gain possession of the "Black Note" ensues between Kato, a mysterious woman named Rin (Kyoko Fukada), the British Spy Agency, the Soviet Spy Agency and the radical army in Japan.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I made a thread of Kuma Miko cause it makes me happy.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771165

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Crunchyroll is gonna be streaming Crane Game Girls. Sounds fun, I'm gonna watch it. Also Lucy, you copy/pasted the wrong description for it.

The story centers on three girls: Mirai, Ayaka, and Kyōko. The three are the only ones who can save Earth from being destroyed by a group of asteroids. They are hired by Sayo, the representative of a shadowy organization, and the organization starts work on turning them into an idol group. While the trio are more than prepared to be idols, they are instead taken into an arcade.

Each anime part of the episode will be five minutes long, and each live-action segment will be 16 minutes long and will feature the cast playing arcade crane games.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Joker Game or Bungou Stray Dogs both have sexy guys. Both are also good. Coincidence?

The fujoshi were right all along!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My one disappointment with Crane Game Girls is they didn't bother to stream the live-action segments of the staff messing around in an arcade.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Strange Quark posted:

Wait there are subs faster than Crunchyroll for Sakamoto?

I think darkgray is watching it unsubbed

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

i uhhh greatly enjoyed is there no girl online (or whatever its english name is, its something stupid). its funny, moves swiftly and cleanly through its plot points and is the first mmo anime i've seen that actually feels like its about people playing a game. you got exciting scenes or people mashing on their keyboards or looking at a chat room. the mc cybering with his gf while having a guild meeting. the mc getting killed because the party is too busy doing other crap. a lot of complaining about normies. awkward irl meetups. it felt genuine and i liked it. still obviously a harem anime tho if you care about that

also the mc actually gets in a drat relationship, sort of, in the first episode

I was about to ask if anyone watched that yet too. I'll add it to the maybes list.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

w00tazn posted:

Netoge was cute.

Master dresses weird.

She paid good money for those clothes!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Motto posted:

I read the D&D Climate Change thread; it's basically a mental ward without any doctors.

I went in there once, and then never again.

Actually, it's probably a good idea to avoid D&D in general.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blhue posted:

someone didn't watch kuma miko's ed

I put these things in the Kuma Miko thread for a reason

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sad that a lot of the shows I want to watch aren't on CR so I'll probably never get around to watching them :/

Please watch Kuma Miko

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Crunchyroll also reported that it picked up Tonkatsu DJ starting this Sunday/today.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Also can someone post the amazon.com link to Kabaneri? I can only get the one for amazon.de.

Does this work? http://www.amazon.com/Frightened-Corpse/dp/B01DU4LS3K

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Actually, this link might be better, since the one I linked technically is for the first episode?

http://amzn.com/B01DU4LS3K

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jostiband posted:

The end of year anime voting is going to murder me :negative:

I'm not sure whether it'd be better if Osomatsu won the end of the year, or if they just miss the mark due to being Osomatsu.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

nielsm posted:

I watched Wagamama High Spec. It has four girls with high spec chest areas, who find a really stupid reason to strip down to their underwear. Then it ends. It really wasn't good in any way.

It's advertisement for the visual novel which does not have an all-ages version, nor is it out. I wouldn't hold high expectations for it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

You can tell this season is good because there's suddenly like twenty threads for new shows, unlike the three we got last season.

I made a Haruchika thread eventually!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Everything Burrito posted:

I already got bored with the manga and dropped it, I just want to see a webm of the thing with the wasp

It's in the first episode

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Xelkelvos posted:

I've never seen the anime Lum is from and don't plan on it in the near future.

Edit: Also, I don't have a Lum av so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
She also wrote a lot of the standard plot devices and formulas that every other romcom today copies or is inspired by to some degree.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Watched Onigiri cause I was curious, and it's only 3 min. shorts. It's all right. Mostly MMO jokes though the 3rd episode involved a giant undead who's unsecure about her height, before blowing up the hotel cause gently caress normie couples.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 23, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
If we're talking about summer, I'll say that Kono Bijutsu-bu is pretty fun. Probably my comedy pick other than Handa-kun.

Incidentally, it's also the manga I read when Sharky went on strike from posting manga.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 24, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I really like the piano version of Happy People.

http://youtu.be/pO7Cw4Y0ZeA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

Before you hurriedly quote my post to share one of the no doubt dozens of exceptions that exist, please note my use of the word "Typically."

No, I'm pretty sure you're probably right. The only thing I can think of is when someone's showing off some exploit.

• Locked thread