Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Delta looks awesome, not bad!

Srice said it was not good, and I trust Srice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

im going to watch beyblade, pripara and sword gay

show me a trailer for the new beyblade

how has beyblade technology advanced from the old days

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

145 is the fourth (after 160, TH170 and 230) highest Spin Track available, along with the various other 145-variants (C145, DF145, AD145, TR145, ED145, UW145, BD145, WD145, SW145, CH120/145, R145, GB145, Etc.). It can be used in Stamina customs to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity, but that being said, DF145 and UW145 has this same effect but also the added bonus of its “Down Force” which while negligible, stabilizes the Beyblade it is being used on slightly. 145, being as tall as, makes it easily susceptible to low Attackers; however, this should not be seen as a drawback because normally, Stamina types are not to be used against Attack types. The other three are the 160 Spin Track (Guardian Leviathan), TH170 Spin Track (Beat Lynx), or the 230 Spin Track (Flame Byxis) which are taller than the 145 Spin Track. TH170 outclasses it since its 170 has more Defense but does not wobble like 230. 145 has shown great Attack potential in the combo: MF Pegasus 145RF.

Beyblade Scientists are a hardworking and thorough people.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

a sublet in the alarm bell factory was a bad idea, in retrospect

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I intended to just read a chapter or two to see if I might be interested but got hooked on it and read everything translated. I liked the quick pace, and although the characters' motives and backstory went heavy-handed with the tragedy I thought Rokuro's survivor's guilt in particular was pretty wrenching and understandable. Seemed like there was a lot of stuff (characters especially) that kinda came out of nowhere but I could see that somewhat as a consequence of the pace moving along pretty quickly. I dunno that I'll actually watch the whole thing now that I've read a good chunk of it, I may watch a few episodes to see everything in motion then just keep reading it.

whats it about

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

pierrot is making osomatsu, idiot

somebody else said it n this thread i think, almost all animation is freelance work now so the studio is just the ones giving out the paychecks

actual quality is way more dependent on the full complement of staff hired and how much time they have to work

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sabagebu ruled.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

BAKUON!!!!!!!!!!

Bikes bikes bikes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

onsa is the best bike

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

graybook posted:

Maybe the best bike was the friends we made along the way.

no, its curly hair

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they actually made her hair less curly for the anime, the first casualty of adaption

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

what the gently caress!?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

when normally she looks like this

they even had the gall to cut her mustache

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they made it an angular block style of hair in the front when the original author was very good at always making it look loose and curly and natural

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Blhue posted:

i think even the author admits in some end of volume bonus stuff that drawing her hair is a pain in the rear end.

that doesn't explain the loss of mustache

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Allarion posted:

She can't be in comedic mode all the time sharkey.

its integral to her character, this adaption is doomed to fail without it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zettace posted:

So Teekyu has 2 spinoffs now. How far that dumb series has come.

Teekyu's not dumb, it's funny as heck and cool.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Radio Spiricom posted:

sounds like i should watch it

It's paced like a Marx brothers comedy, where jokes and lines just lead into more jokes and lines and then sometimes those jokes come back around before the end of the two minute runtime.

The unrelenting school of comedy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dayoooooooooooooooooooooon

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

they are adapting some manga into anime. truly shocking.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Westerners have terrible taste.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It can't.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

yeah, they both own and i like them equally

Imaishis by himself is bad actually.

Machspeed was the weakest of the shorts that run.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Imaishi is doing the cute space girl short this season anyway, he probably won't be working on Kiznaiver

what short, i wanna see

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Space Patrol Luluco
i don't think it has an actual trailer, but CR has it and it airs next Friday in Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8foVyxkoM

i found this

looks neat i guess

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

graybook posted:

JoJo CR subs had certain name changes for what I think are legal reasons, which is slightly jarring when you hear one music artist reference but read another. I've come to be okay with it though i think.

Are Oingo Boingo known for being particularly litigious?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

lol, that's the most forced thing ive ever seen. especially the laughter at the end.

i use adblock so I can watch crunchyroll stuff with friends separated around the country and dont have to worry about constantly resyncing everybody because their ads are slightly different, this is bad to me

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

illicit streaming services win again

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

Kazuya Tsurumaki was also the director for Diebuster. I guess he's Diebustering himself now lol.

*ears perk up*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

has anyone heard of the writer before? the one show they have listed for him im not familiar with

oh wait its not the same writer too?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Parallax posted:

he's just supervising, whatever that means

*ears unperk down*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nielsm posted:

Might be okay if they don't call it FLCL.

this is a super dumb stance everytime i seen it

a name is just a name, the content being good is what matters

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Im thinking more, new season of a show that ended ages ago. like arrested development season 4, to use a western example because it seems more common with western tv

diebuster is the only direct sequel i can think of, but theres stuff like cutie honey i guess

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I've only seen the cutie honey live action movie but it was really bad

cutie honey is a cool comic and i think the original anime and re are supposed to be good, i never seen

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I've heard this as well. I only watched the movie because Hideaki anno directed it

Re has one of the coolest openings I think

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

wouldn't osomatsu-san count? it's a new anime decades later and even though there's source material it doesn't really seem relevant to the current anime

thats more of a revival id say, we were talking direct sequels

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

although actually

it totally is a direct sequel

osomatsu rules either way

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Wait... I like titties and motorcycles. Do you think I might like Bakuon?

Bakuons a cool comic that really grabs what being young and having a bike is like.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It looks like it also grabs something else.

Dahurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Locked thread