Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The Boy Maid manga was light & inoffensive and there's no reason to believe that the anime will be any different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Aside from Phoenix Wright, I'm going into this season pretty blind. I'm just going to watch whatever this thread tells me to so I can agree with everyone for their approval.

I'll probably watch Boy Maid, too, because the manga was cute and charming enough.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Darth Walrus posted:

There's been a couple of people saying that now. Is it significantly less creepy than the premise suggests, then? Because 'orphaned elementary-schooler gets adopted by his uncle as a live-in maid (complete with costume)' is tripping all my alarm bells.

Skimming through the manga again, the best comparison I can make is that it's like Ouran Host Club, in that it's very light fujoshi fare. The 'maid' outfit is just normal clothes with a frilly apron and headdress, so it's not like he's running around in a revealing dress or anything. It's all really innocent stuff.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43opVPF0e7g

sweetness and lightning pv. they got the same va as for the shy girl in barakamon for the kid, so it doesn't sound like a grown woman doing a 6 year olds voice. a trend i support

This looks absolutely adorable.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I remember Adult Swim spending a few years being really bitter and passive aggressive towards their audience because they didn't give Big O enough of a chance.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Homura Chika is my favourite idiot of Winter 2016.

I think it's a tie between her and the aristocratic candy addict from Dagashi Kashi.

They both have hypnotic eyes, too.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
All of Luluco's classmates laughed at her and she shot up the school.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Hai Furi really is like the naval version of Girls und Panzer. I hope there's a Hippo Team equivalent with a girl who calls herself Perry.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

lets hang out posted:

Haifuri is totally bonkers, like a sports anime but with uh, live ammo. It's great

https://a.pomf.cat/evamjd.webm

So, between this, Girls und Panzer, Strike Witches, and KanColle, what's left to cover? Submarines? Outer space?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

i like that this person put thought into it and gave me a cake one

Is this Lum made out of bread?

I think so.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Davincie posted:

a monstrous new era for yuri dawns

I was just wondering when this would happen. :tinfoil: :neckbeard:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

esselfortium posted:

And then you also had this one-of-a-kind insanity.

Kodachi was my favorite character and I always felt like she didn't get enough attention. Bailing that, I think you're better off sticking with the OVAs as far as Ranma 1/2 goes.

Has anyone brought up the Mermaid series yet? I've always thought that those were the best things Takahashi ever produced.

Back to the subject of the thread, there's a new net series out called Onizushi. It's funny, you should watch it.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

boom boom boom posted:

I kinda feel like the premise of Haifuri was strong enough that they didn't need to as psychic animals

Most of the complaints I've heard about Haifuri, including about the psychic rodents, seem to stem from the show not being enough like Girls und Panzer. A lot of people went into the show expecting it to be the naval version of GuP.

Rodyle posted:

Other than that and some alright music it had: a terrible pair of protagonists, a lovely antagonist whose repeated molestation of her daughter is used as fanservice, Go Nagai tier fanservice even discounting those scenes, no thematic coherence whatsoever, and a crippling phobia of keeping a consistent tone or letting a scene breath without shoving some stupid joke in the middle of it.

Yes, that's all true, but what was bad about Kill La Kill?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Macross Pus

Eew.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It's too late! I've already seen your hurtful words and the damage has been done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Flying Witch is great and I love it like I love a clear sunny day*, but my choice for aots is Luluco.

*: I love a clear sunny day very much.

• Locked thread