Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there are too many adaptations of good stuff this season. i wanna watch: Bakuon, Bungou Stray Dogs, Concrete Revolutio s2, Flying Witch, Kuma Miko, JoJo s4, Joker Game, Kabaneri, Kiznaiver, Kuromukuro, Mayoiga, Hero Academia, Pan de Peace, Phoenix Wright, Sakamoto desu ga, Super Lovers, Tanaka-kun, Tonkatsu Dj Agetaro

will prob give these a try: Anne Happy, Big Order, Boy Maid, Endride, Hai Furi, Sansha Sanyou, Sword Gai

shorts: Bonobono, Kagewani s2, Neko Nihonshi, Luluco, Usakame, Young Ashibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

There's a preview for the 2016 Anime Tamago (formerly Anime Mirai) shorts. They're scheduled to air March-May, and maybe if we're lucky somebody will sub some/all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6xYrSfAlU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Namtab posted:

Ace attorney is about top tier waifu dick gumshoe

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the JoJo anime is as good an adaptation anybody could hope for. the art doesn't hold a candle to the original manga, but otherwise it's incredibly faithful and even adds some nice extra character bits. good OSTs too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

There's a new Hero Academia PV, with a lot of new animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqVltWDqFA

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Re:Zero just sounds like All You Need is Kill + fantasy reincarnation trend. i'm gonna try it out at least, but if it plays everything straight without having any of the charm Overlord and Konosuba did, i don't see it being popular here.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'll judge the animation when there's more than a minute of it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't trust DarthWalrus wrt anything "creepy"

but yeah i was really glad to see the pv and hear people talk up the manga, because it really seems to be going for adorable SoL more than anything else.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

but Pierrot isn't known for quality

studio doesn't matter

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

It reminds me a little bit of Kagamigami and now I'm kinda disappointed that one didn't get an anime instead.

i can't decide whether to read it or wait the month until the anime comes out, but having any point of comparison to Kagamigami is a good sell. for that one i suppose it was doomed the second the tournament arc cut itself short, because all the interesting world/power and character stuff was happening then. instead it sprinted to a lackluster finish that would've at least been okay in a series that had given some depth to more of its cast.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i bought the first volume of Sakamoto and enjoyed it. from that small bit i've read they used the initial gag well, had it escalate in funny ways, but also had a bit where he wasn't actually perfect but people perceived him that way. plus other characters got a teachable moment out of his actions, even if they seemed to immediately fall back to side character status.

so the impression that gave me was a comedy like Cromartie where there are characters that elevate everyday stuff to a slightly surreal level, however the rest of the world seems pretty grounded. i dunno if people continue to (mistakenly) gain insight through Sakamoto's actions, but that would be my guess. with Takamatsu directing i'm not really worried about the show tbh, even if the source material falls off he can probably make it work on his own.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AnoHito posted:

That's how you end up in a false sense of security. The Kill Me Baby guys never got around to stealing that one kid near their studio's lunch money to fund season 2.

are you sure the VAs didn't just quit from the shame of doing that OP music video?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AnoHito posted:

Who would be ashamed of one of the best OPs ever?

i can't find the video anymore, but they were in a live action mv for the op song and looked beyond uncomfortable

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Galko is truly an ii ko

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tbh i thought Super Lovers was about a guy raising a kid and having a bunch of guy/gay friends. like i thought two of the older guys would be dating and the kid was just the kid. that's even after seeing the PV

but it sounds like they really should've just had them meet, then skip 12 years into the future and they meet again at 29 and 20

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they even look like the matsus lmao
you can only date osomatsu and choromatsu though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

This game is discriminatory towards Ichimatsu boys.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Alder posted:

Agreed. Also Shounen Maid vs Super Lovers for sketchiest series for Spring '16?

the pv for shonen maid seems like a cute/light SoL and several people have posted that the manga is pretty much the same. so give the title to SL if you really want?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol at the bike shot. anyway there's something off with the character designs and/or palette, everything just looks kinda bland

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

shuichi will kiss

after all, he and the guy wearing the glasses who isn't the teacher are a couple

i'm sorry but this is very rude to Gotou's canon girlfriend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Amazon Prime is streaming Kabaneri in Japan and the US, starting April 7

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Random news roundup

- Funimation is showing the first Project Itoh film, Empire of Corpses, in select theatres April 19th & 20th
- Asterisk War S2 will stream on Crunchyroll April 2nd, one hour after the Japanese premiere. Hulu, Funimation, Daisuki, and Aniplex Channel will steam episodes with a one-week delay.
- Occultic;Nine, a paranormal LN series by the creator of S;G, has been green-lit for an anime this year.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/711344739963035648

Chances are this is going to be like One Punch Man and only stream on Hulu. RIP CR

OPM also streamed on Daisuki, for people who don't have access to Viz's service or Hulu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but is it better or worse than anime being behind a $100 paywall (thanks Amazon!)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

What was this because the tweet's gone now

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-19/viz-to-stream-jojo-bizarre-adventure-terraformars-revenge-anime/.100004

Viz licensed parts 1-4 of the Jojo anime for streaming

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe the cult of digibro is gathering to hatewatch s2 as well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

regarding the MAL list, they rank shows by number of people who have the show on their list. so you've got 27k people putting it on as To Watch, but that doesn't determine how many people will actually follow through on it or how much they'll like it. so even after the series airs their rankings are only as accurate as people are willing to update their lists/scores.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also there are 100 people who put Asterisk s2 as Watching, On Hold, Dropped, or Completed despite it not actually airing yet. over 500 people have also given the show a score already.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

63k people have the first season listed as completed, so you could even consider S2 as quite a drop off in interest.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

people who poo poo on A-1 are incredibly weird, because it's 90% for the shows they make and not the workplace issues they have.

for how little studio actually matters now (another flaw in studio hating), i generally look forward to A-1 stuff because they've done well recently

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I genuinely cannot understand the kind of people who talk about anime as a whole being ~dumbed down for the masses~. Like of course I agree that there are stupid anime things, but it's like the people that say (artist they don't like) means music as a whole BASICALLY is dead compared to (decade they bought their first CD)

there's a ridiculous amount of anime being produced so it makes even less sense. there are always going to be good or at least worthwhile shows every season/year.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

So the explanation is that I have poo poo taste in reviewers, eh?

If you're so cultured then who would you recommend?

just read this thread, people will post their impressions as shows air and then individual threads get made for stuff that's popular or worth discussing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In Training posted:

Congrats to Shirobako,

now where's the movie/s2?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crunchyroll is starting to announce their simul titles. So far: Kiznaiver, Anne-Happy, Twin Star Exorcists, and Asterisk War S2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm looking forward to Yaoi on Ice

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Imaishi is doing the cute space girl short this season anyway, he probably won't be working on Kiznaiver

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

what short, i wanna see

Space Patrol Luluco
i don't think it has an actual trailer, but CR has it and it airs next Friday in Japan

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Today's Crunchyroll simul announcements: RE:Zero (worldwide excluding Asia) and JoJo S4 (US, Canada, AU, NZ, South Africa, Europe, Central/South America, Middle East)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In Training posted:

RIP GG subs.

f

• Locked thread