Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you love trade deadline day?
This poll is closed.
Yes 28 41.79%
Yes 39 58.21%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

if that's true then god drat

Hamhuis said he okayed Chicago on Wednesday, for Dallas on Thursday. Then Benning waited until the last minute and apparently didn't even pick up the phone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
hey trade deadline thread what's happ---

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Number19 posted:

The Vancouver radio guys were going on today about how Benning had the deal done and that ownership interfered with it at the last second, demanding more and unrealistic things. They also made it sound like the thing went sour due to a spat between the team owners that goes back to when Aquillini bought the Canucks and that Aquaman is still bitter about that lawsuit or whatever.

If it's true then I'm 100% out on this team until it's sold. Benning might be a crap GM but if he has an even worse owner pulling the strings behind the scenes then what's the loving point anymore?

I wonder how long he can keep blaming the owners before he's gone.

Quick, trot out Trevor Linden again to smile, say something empty, and run off.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Number19 posted:

The Vancouver radio guys were going on today about how Benning had the deal done and that ownership interfered with it at the last second, demanding more and unrealistic things. They also made it sound like the thing went sour due to a spat between the team owners that goes back to when Aquillini bought the Canucks and that Aquaman is still bitter about that lawsuit or whatever.

If it's true then I'm 100% out on this team until it's sold. Benning might be a crap GM but if he has an even worse owner pulling the strings behind the scenes then what's the loving point anymore?

holy loving poo poo

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i don't know what possibility i'm more in love with: benning being legitimately the worst GM in the league by a country mile, or him being some sort of idiot savant GM that goes on to assemble a dynasty in some other city after getting divorced from the canucks meddling ownership

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Today made it really easy to decide not to renew my Canucks tickets for next season.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

whatis posted:

i don't know what possibility i'm more in love with: benning being legitimately the worst GM in the league by a country mile, or him being some sort of idiot savant GM that goes on to assemble a dynasty in some other city after getting divorced from the canucks meddling ownership

He's done enough bad moves without "rumblings of owner interference" that I'm not giving him any benefit

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Drunk Canuck posted:

He's done enough bad moves without "rumblings of owner interference" that I'm not giving him any benefit

Aqualini is bad enough that it could absolutely be true, unfortunately.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

grack posted:

Aqualini is bad enough that it could absolutely be true, unfortunately.

Lock down this Sbisa kid immediately!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Would own if the Canucks didn't even re-sign him

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The Dirty Burger posted:

Would own if the Canucks didn't even re-sign him

That's one of the annoying things, especially with Vrbata. He's not coming back no matter what so take what you can get, even if it's trash picks. Those are still better than the nothing we will get when the season is done.

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE
https://www.nhl.com/news/dan-hamhuis-radim-vrbata-not-traded-from-canucks/c-279252394

quote:

"It wasn't from a lack of trying," general manager Jim Benning said. "We really didn't get a lot of offers. "

Ouch.. .

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Suspicious posted:

Hi guys, I didn't really follow the Habs in the past 40 days or so because they're way too loving depressing, but after I heard that DSP got traded I went full blown Randy_Marsh_internet_session.jpg

I did not get this at all. Matteau doesn't look like anything special, but DSP sucks.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I did not get this at all. Matteau doesn't look like anything special, but DSP sucks.

He meant that he was happy that DSP got traded.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

just to rub a little more salt and lime juice into the wound

https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey/status/704807101932052482

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Apparently the CBJ were never close to making a deal and Hartnell was never asked to waive his NTC.

• Locked thread