Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you love trade deadline day?
This poll is closed.
Yes 28 41.79%
Yes 39 58.21%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Hand Knit posted:

What are they even going for?

8th place in the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Why are the Avs going for it this year?

Because the Avs have a bad front office. That's the real answer. No wit or snark. They are poorly run.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Bleakley is a very good prospect but the Avs haven't signed him to an ELC. He would have to re-enter the draft. I guess that made him expendable and I would expect the Coyotes to sign him soon.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
That's an absurd return even if the Avs were absolutely convinced they could re-sign Boedker to a reasonable deal.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Colorado is like a good head coach away from being halfway decent. Yeah they still need a defense but Roy is like the worst coach in the league now that Oates and Carlyle are out of a job.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/adater/status/704370957360599040

:stare:

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
https://twitter.com/MimicoHero/status/704371192162066433

That seems... not great.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Dirty Burger posted:

Seriously, they aren't really contenders, their window hasn't really even started yet.

People are posting graphy charts on twitter now and they suggest that Boedker is an active downgrade from Tanguay.

The Avs never disappoint.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I would not call Bleakley a very good prospect. He'll be a checker at best in the NHL. If he'd been a 3rd round pick no one would think twice about him. He got stripped of his captaincy with Red Deer this year and has looked listless and dull ever since.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

don "the don" maloney fleeces another team. yotes swap rentals and get a prospect and kind of a throw-in

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

I would not call Bleakley a very good prospect. He'll be a checker at best in the NHL. If he'd been a 3rd round pick no one would think twice about him. He got stripped of his captaincy with Red Deer this year and has looked listless and dull ever since.

I didn't know he got his captaincy stripped. I guess I used "very good" a bit too freely. I think he's going to be a good bottom six player in the NHL if he figures his poo poo out, and that's valuable.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Even assuming Boedker was good (which it appears he isn't), why are the Avs trading for a winger? Their wingers seem perfectly fine and they seem to be scoring enough goals.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

hifi posted:

don "the don" maloney fleeces another team. yotes swap rentals and get a prospect and kind of a throw-in

If he flips Tanguay at the deadline too this trade looks hilarious

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Colby Armstrong looks like a loving doofus.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I could have sworn Alex Tanguay retired like five years ago.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I didn't know he got his captaincy stripped. I guess I used "very good" a bit too freely. I think he's going to be a good bottom six player in the NHL if he figures his poo poo out, and that's valuable.

Yeah Sutter was pretty mum as to why they did it, but that's never a good sign. Offensively he's pretty crappy for a 20 year old in the WHL, basically he was drafted for his leadership and intangibles and it seems he doesn't even have those. If I was a betting man I say he doesn't crack 100 games in the NHL.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Mind_Taker posted:

Even assuming Boedker was good (which it appears he isn't), why are the Avs trading for a winger? Their wingers seem perfectly fine and they seem to be scoring enough goals.

Yea I didn't understand this deal either, they need help on D mostly. The TSN guys were pointing out the same thing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Colorado should trade for Glass IMO.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

ThinkTank posted:

Because he's a first, Arizona can let him walk and get a compensatory pick. He's also still a cost being paid by Colorado to downgrade from Tanguay to Boedker.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

boedker's been kinda misused this year. he's been stuck with a snakebit vermette and whoever else. those charts are also over a 3? year period and the yotes were godawful last year. this does seem like a weird trade for the avs though, i guess they are assuming boedker gets way better when you play him with duchene and whoever else

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

Colorado should trade for Glass IMO.

Glass+Boyle to COL

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Because he's a first, Arizona can let him walk and get a compensatory pick. He's also still a cost being paid by Colorado to downgrade from Tanguay to Boedker.

Oh yeah I hadn't thought about turning him into a 2nd rounder. Still, it's no big loss for the Avs.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Hey Avs, we got this Sam Ganger. Act now and we'll throw in one Mark Streit!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Glass+Boyle to COL

:hellyeah:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

LeBrun says Russell to the Stars is close.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Oh yeah I hadn't thought about turning him into a 2nd rounder. Still, it's no big loss for the Avs.

giving up multiple assets that are individually worth more than the dude you're trading for (because no way should Boedker be returning more than like a third rounder) is a big loss

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Yikes that is going to be bad.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

ThinkTank posted:

Nooooooo turn left Jim!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Someone take bickell please

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Really surprised Parenteau hasn't been moved yet. What's the hold up!

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

RC Cola posted:

We have this RJ Umberger...

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

giving up multiple assets that are individually worth more than the dude you're trading for (because no way should Boedker be returning more than like a third rounder) is a big loss

Oh yeah I'm not justifying the trade at all, other than being an annoying prick boedker doesn't do very much. Just correcting the notion that Bleackley was anything more than a 3rd rate prospect.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/704374471029878784

yeah load it up for the playoffs boys

ooh a two-fer

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/704374524909854720

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DuhSal posted:

Really surprised Parenteau hasn't been moved yet. What's the hold up!

Isn't he injured?

Neither of those teams need another defenseman that doesn't know how to play defense.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

RC Cola posted:

He's a proven winner!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

lol

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:suicide:

Please god at least let the return be minimal.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I figured Gelinas would go

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

other than being an annoying prick boedker doesn't do very much.

what???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

grack posted:

Isn't he injured?

Nah. He just had muscle cramps during the game the other night and was taken out as precaution. He strained his neck or something earlier while working out but apparently he's fine now. He's ready to go tonight.

• Locked thread