Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Louis CK is great.

This is by far my favorite bit, especially starting at 1:14. Actually, it should apply to a lot of goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPSPs1k42wg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i'm a psychopathic killer who gets drunk during the day. I enjoy my job very much.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I think he's really funny, but then again I'm smarter than a whole lot of you morons so a lot of my opinions go against the grain here.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I like how he can say pathetic sad poo poo that would get others laughed at for even bringing up.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ghlbtsk posted:

*creates post claiming the person widely considered to be the best in his field - even by his peers - sucks rear end*
*does not get the irony of complaining about a comic who complains a lot*
*is op*

actually retard i didnt say he sucks rear end i said he isnt actually funny but is a tremendously talented, if pathetic, sociopath. if you find him funny you probably have either a gun or a dick in your mouth right now

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 29, 2016

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
He's funny op you're dumb.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

He's funny op you're dumb.

please see a therapist i hope you can find some joy in your life

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I like his smug grin when he says something an old would say

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I like how much he makes this xbox dude angry.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rip patrice

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hes funny

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I thought his first couple releases were funny, but the last one I saw (I don't know, 2014 or something) was really bad. His TV show never made me laugh. I met someone who said he's great because they identify with him so much, and that person turned out to be crazy and horrible.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
zandapuss

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Haier posted:

I thought his first couple releases were funny, but the last one I saw (I don't know, 2014 or something) was really bad. His TV show never made me laugh. I met someone who said he's great because they identify with him so much, and that person turned out to be crazy and horrible.

same

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I like how much he makes this xbox dude angry.

same

Putty posted:

zandapuss

its lit fam

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

This is by far my favorite bit, especially starting at 1:14. Actually, it should apply to a lot of goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPSPs1k42wg

yeah, especially the part about being a piece of poo poo

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Watch out for anybody who is super into a specific standup comedian. Common personality trait of terrible people.

Louis CK is good though.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
he's basically the ultimate product of zionist brain washing becoming a zionist product. self hating, impotent, like every sitcom white male. pretty much everyone that like him are unwitting zog soldiers imo.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
he's funny

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
louis ck is good and funny. this is the correct answer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

another good underground comedian is jerry seinfeld

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like Patton Oswalt.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

His standup is unassailable. I mean some hours are better than others but they're all great.

I'm lukewarm on the last few seasons of his show. It got pretty self indulgent. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. [

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Knight posted:

The cool thing about this is how skillfully Louis CK pushes the audience away and then pulls them back in, a master of the artform of engaging his audience. This kind of tug of war is exactly what engages his audience and keeps them from leaving when he's masturbating and blocking the exits.

Lmao

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

please see a therapist i hope you can find some joy in your life

If I could blast you in the head with a log it'd bring joy to my life.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Knight posted:

The cool thing about this is how skillfully Louis CK pushes the audience away and then pulls them back in, a master of the artform of engaging his audience. This kind of tug of war is exactly what engages his audience and keeps them from leaving when he's masturbating and blocking the exits.

If I got that bug eyed banjo girl up to my hotel room and didn't at least get to whack off on her I'd fly into a rage

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the only funny presenter at the oscars was Ali G

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

the only funny presenter at the oscars was Ali G

I assume he also talked about being black.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

quote:

Who is this guy?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
He's funny but I don't think he is the god of comedy everyone seems to make him out to be.

Ehud posted:

Bill Burr is my favorite angry comedian

Heck yeah, same here/

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jukeboxblues posted:

He's funny but I don't think he is the god of comedy everyone seems to make him out to be.

Heck yeah, same here/

i like bill burr
and i like
john mulaney

but for different reasons and i think once u throw a jim norton special in there that pretty much covers the gamut of any comedy u could ever want.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I watched a bill burr special on netflix and i dunno the guy seemed to have some pretty regressive views pandering to the kind of people who whined about pc culture in the 90s. Maybe it was just a bad special.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Agag posted:

Who is this guy?

Steve Buscemi?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

echronorian posted:

its lit fam

see this never works unless you can post a counterexample that you find funny so we can get a sense of where you are coming from OP. right now you are just being the contrarian!

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

The episode of the Louie TV show with Doug Stanhope was depressing as hell, yet deeply funny

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

If I could blast you in the head with a log it'd bring joy to my life.

😂😂😂😂💯

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

The episode of the Louie TV show with Doug Stanhope was depressing as hell, yet deeply funny

oh yeah doug stanhope is great too. i like comedians with disastrous lives who are p honest about it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Sheep-Goats posted:

If I got that bug eyed banjo girl up to my hotel room and didn't at least get to whack off on her I'd fly into a rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

idk op you hav ea red xbox avatar obviously ur opinions are terrible

• Locked thread