Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

This month will go down in gaming history. this month we take back our taints, free form the reaping .

tom clancy has given us this gift for which will be eternally grateful and will expreess it by playing tom clancy: the division: destiny: the taken taints.

thanks tom

thaom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This game looks like garbage.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thread already off to a bad start.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm so proud of you, Stux!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Thread already off to a bad start.

be th posts that u want to see in the world

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stux posted:

be th posts that u want to see in the world

Okay.

*deep breath*

Star Fox Adventure is the best game in the Star Fox series, featuring the best characterization and supporting characters, in particular a new side kick for our hero, a lovable little triceratops named Tricky. It will take some time to describe what makes Tricky so endearing, but almost definitely the most likable thing about him is

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good grief.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Okay.

*deep breath*

Star Fox Adventure is the best game in the Star Fox series, featuring the best characterization and supporting characters, in particular a new side kick for our hero, a lovable little triceratops named Tricky. It will take some time to describe what makes Tricky so endearing, but almost definitely the most likable thing about him is

is his catchphrase: "Its Tricky!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Okay.

*deep breath*

I liked his spinoff game, ssx tricky

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Superhot is an insanely fun and good game and it's crazy the idea hasn't been done before.

I like doing slow motion nut-shots.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Devil Daggers is poo poo and good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
star fox adventures is for losers

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The dirty little secret is that there was actually only one good starfox game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was game of the year 2014

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not a Children posted:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Where's the poll?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Macaluso posted:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was game of the year 2014

I really liked the factory level with the juice, I thought it was a great twist on an "industrial" environment while featuring totally new art direction and grueling platforming challenges.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Not a Children posted:

it's a shame star fox 2 never got released

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the only good starfox game is lylat wars

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
star fox 1 was probably really cool before they released pretty much the same game but with way clearer visuals and analog control

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The original Star Fox was pretty 'woah, you can't do that on a SNES' but basically unplayable now.

It ran at like 10-12fps

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I particularly liked that the Retro studios Donkey Kong games managed to give a franchise with traditionally garbage boss battles a set of actually decent boss fights.

I thought fighting those three babboons in Tropical Freeze was really intense and I dug the Tiki-themed enemies of the first Returns.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Stux posted:

the only good starfox game is lylat wars

:same:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it was v confusing 2 me when i joined the intenret and saw people calling it starfox 64 i was like. waht that. what about lylat mate.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stux, why are you posting like you have brain damage again?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is a bad thread so I am not sure I can allow it to be this month's thread. I am sorry Stux. You shone like a potato.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

This is a bad thread so I am not sure I can allow it to be this month's thread. I am sorry Stux. You shone like a potato.

Please VideoGames, won't you grant him just one more chance? After all, it is Christmas Saint Patrick's Month

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

this is a fantastic thread and we are having a nice discussion about games. this is censorship

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Please VideoGames, won't you grant him just one more chance? After all, it is Christmas Saint Patrick's Month Leap Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5vaVNvcgiI

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

this is a fantastic thread and we are having a nice discussion about games. this is censorship

Please post more this way. Not with the awful spelling and I will give another chance!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what other march releases are posters excited for. please, let us chat about video game.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Please post more this way. Not with the awful spelling and I will give another chance!

This is fair and I think you should take this offer, Stux.

Please don't become a taint reaper.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if there's anything in March I care about. April is overcrowded though with Dark Souls III, Uncharted 4 and the Ratchet and Clank remake/movie tie in.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I should have made the thread for March instead.

Anyways. I'm excited for Twilight Princess this week.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Skeezy posted:

I should have made the thread for March instead.

Anyways. I'm excited for Twilight Princess this week.

me too, TP is quite easily the best, perhaps the only good, 3d zelda, so it is nice to see it getting a remake so more people can enjoy its strong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stux posted:

what other march releases are posters excited for. please, let us chat about video game.

Senran Kagura and Stella Glow (in the EU)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah March is pretty empty. I'll probably check out Hitman though.

It's good because I feel like the last couple months I've just been inundated with games. I just finished XCOM 2 and Firewatch. Just starting Fire Emblem and Superhot. Playing Trine 3 with a friend.

It's been a strangely good start to the year for video games but you don't hear me complaining!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i will be putting more time into CoD because as soon as DS3 comes out i will be unable to play anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'll quite happily not buy a single game in March. January and February were nuts, and April will also be nuts. So March will be a time of peace.

• Locked thread