Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In the 1984 movie He Man and the Masters of the Universe, the odds of the Cosmic Key opening a portal to Earth out of "all the planets in the universe" would be roughly 900 Dodecatillion to one. He Man and his friends would have actually been dumped out into empty space.

In the Movie Fern Gully, the villain Hexxus has been locked away for "one thousand years," the industrial revolution and its accompanying spike in pollution didn't take place until 1760 at the earliest. It's highly unlikely a being that survives on industrial by products could have survived prior to that.

In Star Wars, Luke wouldn't have much luck dodging the Storm Troopers' lasers because in real life lasers are invisible when traveling through the air.

Somebody should tell Disney's Pocahontas that Mountains possess neither the lungs not vocal chords necessary to sing, and that air is made up of several colorless gases invisible to the human eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Applewhite posted:

In the 1984 movie He Man and the Masters of the Universe, the odds of the Cosmic Key opening a portal to Earth out of "all the planets in the universe" would be roughly 900 Dodecatillion to one. He Man and his friends would have actually been dumped out into empty space.

In the Movie Fern Gully, the villain Hexxus has been locked away for "one thousand years," the industrial revolution and its accompanying spike in pollution didn't take place until 1760 at the earliest. It's highly unlikely a being that survives on industrial by products could have survived prior to that.

In Star Wars, Luke wouldn't have much luck dodging the Storm Troopers' lasers because in real life lasers are invisible when traveling through the air.

Somebody should tell Disney's Pocahontas that Mountains possess neither the lungs not vocal chords necessary to sing, and that air is made up of several colorless gases invisible to the human eye.

gas this giant

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
nah jk thats just a science joke good thread idea

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

look at me. im a cool as gently caress astrophysicist

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

gas this giant

If my post were actually a gas giant, the earth would be crushed by tremendous gravitational forces.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
You can still enjoy the fantasy even if you know the truth OP.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Other scientist: "In response to your reaction regarding gravitational waves, I believe th-"

*NDT head butts the scientist and grabs the mic from him*

"It doesn't matter WHAT you believe nerd, because SCIENCE is always the TRUTH"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Decebal posted:

You can still enjoy the fantasy even if you know the truth OP.

Tell that to Mister Science Man Tyson though

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im black

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
people dont think space be like it is, but it do.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

:captainpop: :captainpop: :captainpop:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

NDT: "Open the pod bay door, HAL."

NDT [spooky robot voice]: "I can't let you do that, Neil."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I definitely wasn't well liked by my peers or much cared for by my parents

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Also I need attention right now here's some math problems I can do in my head for Bill Maher

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In Star Trek, The Enterprise travels from the Federation to Planet Klingon in the space of about 3 minutes. In real life, the journey would take 3000 years because faster than light travel is impossible.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my podcast sucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

http://www.clickhole.com/article/awesome-when-little-girl-told-neil-degrasse-tyson--3565

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I loving love science. I really do!

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Out of all the planets in the universe, your mom is real god drat fat, I mean this broad is so fat I once saw her in my telescope and she was like 4 inches big but approximately 80458398 light years away im mean this bitch is huge god drat what a fat mom

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pretty much just This entire moment

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
Ok guys just FYI as soon as I leave this thread I'm not Neil DeGrasse Tyson anymore.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I managed to make enormous celebrity out of being a pretty run-of-the-mill astrophysicist, just by having a non-negative level of charisma.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x34m1i0

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It most just suck all your humor having people question hard science facts.

Dude needs to drink more.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Doctor Soup posted:

Ok guys just FYI as soon as I leave this thread I'm not Neil DeGrasse Tyson anymore.

That's what you'd think but sorry, it's permanent

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
I have made a grave mistake.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

neil knows what's up

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i use three names in honor of my heroes john wilkes booth and john wayne gacy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
There shouldn't be any new episodes of Family Guy since the entire family was killed in a nuclear explosion in season 1.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

*hasn't published anything of note, is believed to be one of the smartest guys alive*

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The only way to kill Kenny so many times would be to clone him at birth about 100 times

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTaiWInZ44

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
In the M. Night Shyamalan movie Signs, the aliens would have died instantly upon contact with ambient water vapor in the earths atmosphere. In fact, it is highly unlikely such a species could have evolved considering their physiology quite similar to terrestrial organisms which require water to execute vital processes. Furthermore,

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
came here to post key and peele's ndt sketches, they are not on youtube, baffled; thankfully that other guy posted it from dailymotion, but what the gently caress, not on youtube

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Actually,

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hate that English dude in the wheelchair.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nomadologique posted:

came here to post key and peele's ndt sketches, they are not on youtube, baffled

Beat you to it, they were on dailymotion

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Have I ever told you about the time I met Carl Sagan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

loquacius posted:

Beat you to it, they were on dailymotion

i know i saw a dailymotion link but i was like "not going to click that..."

• Locked thread