Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
https://gbxmusic.bandcamp.com/releases

I will never be 100% satisfied with this but if I keep at it I will literally never release this. This is as good as I can make it without loving around on my deathbed trying to adjust more hi-hats in the year of our lord 2030 or whatever.

It's weird, check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I liked it. I'm dug the combo of the lo-bit drums (or whatever you did there), stuttering, and the smooth pads and other clean textures. I'm not an expert but it all sounded well-produced to my ear.

I'd be interested in learning what you used.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I used FL Studio which might be a bit obvious to some people who use it as well, but i really tried to make it sound like a product of the creator as opposed to the engine being used. Glad you liked it though, and you are correct about the drums. I use mainly three combinations with drums which is distorting the gently caress out of them, setting them to high bit rates, and setting them to low bit rates then just letting them all mesh together.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

g0lbez posted:

but i really tried to make it sound like a product of the creator as opposed to the engine being used.
hell, i'm pretty sure that's the point of familiarizing oneself with a DAW in the first place.

I like this. Not very far into the album, but it's kind of what I didn't realize I wanted to hear during action sequences in a hypothetical Unreal 3.

not track 3, though, that's clearly more for some Zelda puzzle

• Locked thread