Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

It's a silly scene. For every reason stated. Doesn't mean it can work for you though. Like, a lot of people hate Chappie, but it worked for me, even the end which is kind of dumb and doesn't make a whole lot of sense, still holds up in an endearing way.

I just think there's something awkward about all of it. I get the point, but I feel like if he said mom, that'd be more powerful. And yeah, conventional.

"THEY'RE GOING TO KILL M-MOM!"

"I'll kill your Alien mother after I'm done with you."

"M-Martha Ke-ee-eennn-

Batman pauses. He remembers. The memories flood back.

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!!???"

Same scene, just with a little more...normalcy? It's just...odd the way it's presented, why would Superman just straight up say Martha? It's like they didn't want the obvious thing, so they used this really odd connection to bring it all together. It just does not work for me,.

you know that everyone would bitch about superman sounding like an 8 year old boy if he said "mom" instead of "martha". Plus, we know from MoS that he's more of a "my mother" type from that scene where he punches the poo poo out of Zod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

teagone posted:

Crossposting something I wrote a few months back in BSS. Man, forum search feature is so much better than I remember it lmao.

batman was beating the poo poo out of him, he didn't really have time for a whole speech

edit:

Hodgepodge posted:

Maybe it was just the build-up, but when I finally saw that scene it didn't seem weird at all :shrug:

People make it out to be The Room levels of awkward and it just can't live up to that.

it is the "WELCOME TA EARF" of comic book movies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There's already a rumor that WB is eying Ryan Gosling as Affleck's replacement. This rumor also says that WB isn't sure on how proceed with the change yet, either use Flashpoint to change actors or cast Gosling as Dick Grayson and make him took over the mantle.

this might sound really dumb, but I can't see Ryan Gosling as an acrobat. every film I can think of where he gets into fights he's a real scrapper, bare-knuckle fighting sort of guy. Blade Runner, The Nice Guys, Only God Forgives, Drive, etc. He's not a jumpy flippy fighter.

Gosling would be a great Two-Face, honestly. Or Hush, or Clayface maybe. God I'd kill for a Matt Reeves directed Batman movie where Batfleck faces off against a Ryan Gosling portrayal of Clayface.

edit: actually Gosling has the face and demeanor of a hard-scrabble detective who is down on his luck, maybe Harvey Bullock would be best.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 14, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

In what it can only be the start of an endless amount of rumors, now is being said that Reeves is eyeing Jake Gyllenhaal to replace Affleck, with the idea of The Batman being moved to the Elseworld line of films or making it a prequel to BvS

gyllenhall would be a terrible replacement for Affleck's Batman, but probably a good replacement for Bale's Batman.

Gyllenhaal would also be much better served as a Bat-villain of some sort though. Like, that dude as Riddler? Dope as hell.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Pirate Jet posted:

We won't. I know everyone in CineD keeps hoping for this but it's never going to happen. Justice League was straight up unfinished when Snyder left, the only way something like that happens is the Superman 2 situation and the internet has already decided it likes Snyder way way less than Richard Donner.

We were robbed of another Snyder movie and we're not going to get it back, because people are actually happy that we were.

i hope they're happy with what they get. i can't imagine someone watching Justice League and thinking "yes this is a better, more well-made movie than Batman v Superman" but apparently those people exist.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

its hard to be worse than beavis

i mean, in terms of pure filmmaking, JL is way worse. Content is more subjective (and also you're wrong).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Anyway look at what they've done with Blade Runner and Army of Darkness, if they think there is an audience there I'm sure they'll do it.

I think the most obvious parallel to draw is the Donner cut of Superman II.

quote:

Original production

Production on Superman II was commenced simultaneously with Superman at Pinewood Studios in London under the direction of Richard Donner in April 1977. However, due to the expensive budget and overlong shooting schedule of both features, producers Alexander and Ilya Salkind agreed to a negative pickup deal with Warner Bros. granting the studio rights to foreign distribution and television airings in exchange for more financing. This deal caused the Salkinds and producer Pierre Spengler to blame Donner for the various delays, leading to intense arguments. To ease the tension, the Salkinds hired Richard Lester—who had previously directed The Three Musketeers (1973) and The Four Musketeers (1974) for the Salkinds—as an uncredited line producer and intermediary on Superman.

In August 1977, with shooting lasting a year over schedule, Lester convinced Donner to halt production on Superman II in order for Donner to concentrate on finishing the first film in time for a Christmas release. However, this decision did not affect scenes featuring Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty, and Valerie Perrine as they were all under contract to finish both pictures. After their scenes wrapped in October 1977, Superman II was officially put on hiatus.

On March 15, 1979, shortly after the release of Superman, the Salkinds replaced Donner with Lester for Superman II. The exact reasoning and details behind Donner's departure are still debated. In his 2006 DVD commentary for Superman II, Spengler claims that Donner was indeed invited back to finish the sequel, but that Donner refused, telling Army Archerd in a March 1978 interview for Variety magazine that he would not be returning to direct as long as Spengler was acting producer. However, Donner told Starlog in 1989 that he was not invited back and that he did not know production had continued on the sequel until he received a telegram from the Salkinds telling him: "Your services are no longer needed."

The decision to replace Donner was controversial amongst the cast and crew. Creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz and editor Stuart Baird declined to return for the sequel in support of Donner; however, Mankiewicz was still credited for the sequel. Gene Hackman also declined to return for re-shoots due to his commitment on Reds and was replaced by a body double. Actor Marlon Brando, who finished all his scenes for both films early into production, successfully sued the Salkinds for $50 million over grossed profits gained from the first film. In response, the Salkinds cut Brando from Superman II, replacing his scenes with actress Susannah York. John Williams also did not return as composer for Superman II due to scheduling commitments with Lucasfilm. The film's score used Williams's themes from the first film, adapted by composer Ken Thorne, who had worked with Lester many times before, including on the 1965 Beatles film Help!.

Production on Superman II officially recommenced with Richard Lester as director on June 1, 1979. Originally, the Salkinds considered Guy Hamilton for director, but he declined. On the first day of filming, set designer John Barry suddenly collapsed on the nearby set of The Empire Strikes Back and died from meningitis. Peter Murton was then hired in Barry's place. Principal photography resumed at Pinewood Studios with a revised screenplay written by David and Leslie Newman. The new script featured several newly conceived scenes including the Eiffel Tower opening sequence and Clark rescuing Lois at Niagara Falls. However, under strict guidelines from the Directors Guild of America, Lester needed to re-shoot several scenes Donner had already completed in order to receive full directorial credit. Location shooting took place in Canada, Paris, Norway and St Lucia, and the Metropolis scenes—in contrast to the first film where they were filmed on location in New York—were filmed entirely on the back lot at Pinewood. Superman II finally finished filming on March 10, 1980.

Due to budgetary reasons and actors being unavailable, key scenes filmed by Donner were added to the final film. Since the Lester footage was shot two years later, continuity errors are present in the physique and styling of stars Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeve. In Donner's footage, Reeve appears less bulked as he was still gaining muscle for the part. Kidder also has dramatic changes throughout; in the montage of Lester-Donner material, shot inside the Daily Planet and the Fortress of Solitude near the movie's conclusion, her hairstyle, hair color, and even make-up are all inconsistent. Kidder's physical appearance in the Lester footage is noticeably different; during the scenes shot for Donner she appears slender, whereas in the Lester footage she looks thinner.

Stuff like bringing in another director prior to the first leaving, having to replace/pad out the score, some actors not being able to do reshoots, changes in physique, and a revised screenplay all sound very similar to what happened here. The obvious big difference is the reason for the director leaving. Donner was forced out, Snyder left after a tragedy.

As a reminder of how long these things can take, while the TV cut added in about 17 minutes of mostly Donner shot footage, we didn't get the actual Richard Donner cut of the movie for 26 years. And even then they had to take some of Lester's shot, some new visual effects and a screen test of Reeve and Kidder to get the thing completed. That's probably about where the Snyder cut is at the moment. You could probably make most of a movie out of it, but to really make it work you'd need to do some more VFX stuff and maybe even still use some of Whedon's footage. And it should also be pointed out that Superman II, even with all of it's production troubles, is still a movie that most people really like. Justice League is alright at best and it will take a very long time, if ever, for a re-evaluation of BvS (i do think it's already happening for Man of Steel).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mechafunkzilla posted:

There's a craven, cowardly pro-gun control senator who keeps getting sick burns dropped on him about how he's a hypocrite for hiring armed security guards. And then there's a scene where the a CCW-carring reporter could have taken out a terrorist and saved the day if only she hadn't been forced to take her gun out of her purse going into a hotel room to interview said senator.

The only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a shitload of guns, PTSD, and a rage disorder

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Ok so I just got to see Justice league and here's my serious review of it. Before I review, wow, the situation was dire there, a BigD screen with maybe two dozen people there. Though this is SEC country and it's a Saturday.

Anyway, the movie was fairly average to above average, leaning towards average. There character interplay was good, action was good but very sporadic. Each member of the league has good moments and are fun to watch.

Steppenwolf has been talked about as being one of the worst villains ever... I don't really find that to be true. He has a cool design, cool voice and good line delivery, and seemed fairly evenly matched with the (pre Superman) league. His main problem is being an unrecognizable character no one has ever known or cared about in a film of iconic characters. I'm fairly sure if Jack Kirby were alive and you asked what he thought of the decision to make Steppenwolf the main villain of Justice League, he would say "Who?" The scenes and flashbacks he is in are better than the scenes he isn't in, and that passes my test of being a good villain. One interesting thing I thought tied him to the league was his obsession with mother. Everyone on the team has a pathos about their mom except maybe Diana, and well, he was after their mothers. Calling out to mother all the time. I'm actually really surprised I didn't see this mentioned in many reviews or write ups, it seems like something people who are not me would really hate, but no one really mentioned it at all.

By far the worst thing about the movie was the score. If anything was going to take me out of the film, everytime I heard that generic crap or reheated 80s themes, I wished someone, anyone else had done the music. That's such a big component of movies it really hurts the film. Danny Elfman needs to go to movie jail for film crimes. Bring back Junkie XL.

Overall I think if you hated Batman v Superman you would think Justice League is a lot better. If you liked Batman v Superman you would think Justice League was a huge step backwards.

DC finally made a Marvel movie. It was 2 hours, I saw it, mostly enjoyed it, and now will proceed to completely forget about it and probably not see it again.

Diana absolutely has a pathos about her mother did you not watch the first act of Wonder Woman? Hers weren't really in JL but every single person in the Justice League has severe parental issues and they should all go to group therapy together. That can be the sequel.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Their therapist is Granny Goodness

After their hour is up (after only 45 minutes, because she's evil) she closes the door and all of a sudden Darkseid is just chilling on the couch.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The MSJ posted:

JL also current has the best user rating for a DCEU movie after Wonder Woman.

There are a lot of people who really like the Marvel formula and didn't care for MoS and BvS who are really happy that a movie with Batman and Superman came out and wasn't like those two, to the point where they just kind of ignore how ugly and stilted the movie itself was.

Actually my reaction to JL compared to the reaction of others has really shown me just how much more aesthetics matter for me in movies than for other people. Like, I can't forgive a movie that looks as bad as Justice League does, but a movie with some really pretty shots in it can be worth a watch even if there's not a lot else to it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Having to list some super lovely movies in there to make the comparison. No, he had NO characterization and his motive was super clear. Not because it was a rip-off of every superhero movie, but the plot was (and I am SHOCKED nobody's calling this more) directly inspired by loving TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE GODDAMN MOON.

I can't believe I'm going to be the guy correcting statements about the plots of Transformers movies, but Age of Extinction is the one where the villains were trying to terraform earth to make it habitable for their race. Dark of the Moon had the Decepticons trying to teleport Earth to Cybertron's atmosphere so they could rob all of the resources from Earth and enslave humanity.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think this thread is mostly populated by hardcore Snyder fans who think Wheedon broke their previous movie rather than Wheedon coming in and trying to bail water out of a sinking ship to make something remotely watchable under a 2 hour mandate with half completed footage.

Whedon was brought in to work on the script and dialogue with Zack Snyder, which is what Joss Whedon excels at as a filmmaker. He got the director job after Snyder left because he was a guy on set who already had blockbuster experience, knew the script, and would be able to get stuff done by the time they needed it done. The studio had him do a bunch of extra "fixes" that resulted in a bunch of scenes set in tiny uninteresting rooms that were lit poorly because he's not a good visual director, and probably had a very limited budget. It's not really Joss' fault that he got hired to do something he's not very good at considering he was originally brought on to do something he's very good at. He didn't break the movie, the studio did.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Ah, yep. I definitely stand correction. They are all one big blur of twisting metal and crunches after the first one sometimes to me. I have no idea how I managed to see all of them up until the Knight one...

That said, it was basically the same story except he needed 3 McGuffins instead of 1 McGuffin. Steppenwolf like a boss from a video game.. not even the end boss. More like a side quest.

I knew this off hand because Dark of the Moon is the best Transformers movie by a long shot, and is probably one of the best huge blockbuster movies of the last decade. I agree with you about Steppenwolf though. There are very few comic book movies that truly compelling villains and it's mostly because they're disposed of by the end of the movie. The most memorable ones are ones that are allowed growth and coexistence (see: Magneto, Loki). There are good single-movie villains but they're much fewer and farther between (Nolan and Raimi are the best at these, but shouts to Spider-Man Homecoming who had a really good villain, but he may show up in the next one, so who knows).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Avengers was way more competent than this poo poo. Hell, even Age of Ultron, which I thought was one of the weakest Marvel movies ever, was more competent than this poo poo.

Avengers looks like butt. It's a well written movie (because Whedon is a good writer and when the character's voices are already right near your comfort zone it's easy to write them) but it looks on par with the Agents of SHIELD pilot in terms of how it looks.

Age of Ultron looks better but is not as well written, I think because at this point Whedon was having fights with Marvel about the direction they wanted the movie to go. There's a reason he stopped doing Marvel movies after AoU.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Snyder is probably the best comic book movie director working right now. If you set aside scripts for his movies and just focus on how things are shot, look, set up, the visual aspect of his movies, I'd put 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman up against any other comic book movie and they'd come out looking better. The only other movies that have as strong a visual style and feel like comic books as much as Snyder's movies are Raimi's Spider-Man movies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh I'll give you that. I don't hate Snyder: I liked Watchmen a lot, for example.

That man belongs directing films written by other people that he has no control of other than visually. He'd be great at that. But I think his story ideas, while trying to sound smart, are literally dumber than Paul WS Anderson, but they do look pretty.

Like I just can't watch BvsS given not one loving thing about the story makes any sense whatsoever even if you are trying not to think about it. I'll take Justice League's simple "I NEED THE THING TO DO THE THING, I AM EVIL" simple over rambling clever speeches that have no point for no reason.

I'm gonna be honest here, I never got the complain that BvS is hard to understand. At this point I've seen the movie enough times that it's like obvious to me, but I saw it opening night in a theater in Milan with Italian subtitles below everything (because as funny as watching the Italian dub would be, that just wasn't gonna happen the first time) and I understood it just fine. there are a few scenes that I don't like much and it's not as good as Man of Steel (which is the gold standard of modern superhero movies) but I feel like the people who say they don't understand it are just being willfully obtuse. At least the people who just don't like the portrayal of Superman and Batman are engaging with the movie somewhat.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Lex Luthor's motivation was never clear. He wanted the two to fight, for reasons. And stuff. He also just had all this info for no reason, like who Superman's mother was or about Batman and all that crap, but I'll hand wave that. But here's the big "yeah this is stupid as gently caress" stuff off the VERY top of my head and there IS more:

1: Trying to frame Superman by shooting and burning people. Uhhhh, what?
2: Getting a guy really angry at Superman so he, uh, blows up Congress
3: .. despite the fact that not a single person actually blames or would blame Superman for that, so..
4: .. he continues his quest to see Superman die for REASONS and trying to make Batman do it ..
5: Somehow gets Superman's mother so Superman goes and acts like a dick to Batman instead of just explaining it
6: Titular Versus fight last 5 minutes
7: MARRRRRRTHA
8: Throw the spear away! I did this so we could go get it later!
9: Superman can't possibly pass the spear to a new ally like Wonder Woman to use it because.. uh.. because..
10: Did they really turn Doomsday into a generic CGI Troll?
11: Did they really waste the Superman death for no Goddamn reason at this point?

The characters WERE hosed up. Superman acted like a depressed dick all the time and Batman was down with running over the heads of criminals with his car in ways that'd make the Punisher go "that was hosed up," and I won't even get started on the Jolly Ranchers and Jars of Piss or the whole extended reveals that Eisenberg was talking to aliens.. for.. uh reasons.. given he hates aliens and Godlike aliens.. yet seemed to want to call aliens that call themselves Gods here to uh, fight the God he doesn't like because uh, he doesn't like Gods and Superman is a God and uh.... the gently caress was he doing again?

Saying nothing of just stupid, not plot breaking choices like the hilarious emailed hero scene, the way Wonder Woman get sprinkled into the movie despite everyone knowing what was coming, the way Batman was running around branding people for reasons.. again odd loving decisions attempting to rip off Dark Knight with NONE of the context of the fight or situation or understanding what was INTENTIONAL parody.

ED: Killing a nearly uncredited Jimmy Olsen is loving hilarious too

ED: Seriously for all those going 'Oh the plot was wonderfully simple' please for the love of God, play by play Luthor's motivation. I dare you. It's impossible. Or Batman's for that matter. Superman's seems to be looking unhappy saving people until finally brought in to save his mother instead of, you know, just saving her.

Lex: He's a rich kid who only got negative attention from his dad (beatings, etc) and there was no one to save him so he distrusts the idea of an all-powerful, all-benevolent being who just wants to save people. He wants to get rid of Superman because he thinks that anyone with that much power will eventually abuse it, so he puts a few plans in motion to do this, one to destroy him physically (Doomsday), and the others to destroy him in the eyes of the public (wanting him to kill Batman, setting him up in Africa/DC).

Batman: He's been fighting crime for 20+ years to little/no effect, seen his sidekick murdered by a crazy person, and on top of that, now there's an all-powerful being from some other planet who totally wrecked the city of Metropolis that everyone loves, but Batman has no trust that someone with that much power won't end up turning evil, so he thinks he needs to destroy Superman before he turns because when someone that powerful turns evil, he could rule the entire world.

The two of them are two sides of the same coin: traditional powers (rich white dudes who are powerful business/criminal justice figures) who, when confronted with a power far beyond their beliefs and scope, react with fear, because they believe that any being with that much power will eventually crush the world beneath him, and because they don't actually know him, they believe that as an alien, he has no connection to earth and wouldn't think twice about taking over with an iron fist.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Superman is just having to grapple with the negative ripples of his positive actions. His dream dad's story about horses and hero cake is a pretty good summation: we try to do good for the people we love, even though there's a possibility that there are some negative outcomes to it. Superman is playing with that on a global level, so even when he goes and saves people (like from an invading Zod who wants to destroy Metropolis out of spite), there is collateral damage, and there are people who, because they're affected by that collateral damage, think that the net result is not worth the price they personally had to pay (as shown by Jimmy Smits).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

the fact that some people treat liking a movie that most people don't like as if you're shoving your dick inside a horse or something is hilarious. "i went and saw these people talking about a movie and get this - they liked it! what sort of crazed mad men like this movie that most people don't like? don't they know that broad public opinion says that it sucks? they must be lunatics."

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

well this is a real letdown :smith:

You should read the whole article, it's slightly more nuanced than "no more movies ever"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LesterGroans posted:

Glad Snyder won't have anything to do with a solo Flash film. He'd probably end up just running around and hurting people.

Counterpoint: You wouldn't get this from any other guy:

https://twitter.com/nellucnhoj/status/931278859936370688

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LesterGroans posted:

It's still really annoying that we didn't get a moustached leather daddy Superman.

my god he is so handsome.

just like, a gorgeous man.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

got any sevens posted:

Yessss, jlaw owns

Arent there women writers that couls be hired for batgirl?

i know it's a cliche at this point but please give me Lexi Alexander's Batgirl

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Scarlett Johansson is aging into Uma Thurman and it’s great. She’s gonna star in movies forever.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Right. The corollary of this is that no movie, from Underworld 7 to Salo to A Serbian Film to Hostel to My Little Pony: Pinky Pie's Day Off, is "just [for] fun." That itself implies a success or fail state, "was the movie successful, a balance of creativity and fidelity to the Eli Roth-Reboot My Little Pony shared universe?" Actually a movie is successful if it evokes a concordant response in you like, now I want to go create my own thing, even if that thing is just a scathing two thousand word essay against Zack Snyder's worship of chromed male abdominals. All that the binary question creates is Culture War bullshit or, "what do the Seahawks draft first: O-line or wideouts?"

O-line, duh. Baldwin and Richardson are fine, their OL is a trash fire.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it's gonna be her still pining over Steve Trevor, obvi. He's on contract for a couple more movies. I think it would be silly to try and include a real love interest in there.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Jenny Angel posted:

He's also just a genuinely unpleasant and loathsome person to be around, which is a big change of pace from a lot of comic book villains that try to be imposing or cool first and foremost

just like the real mark zuckerberg!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Burkion posted:

If you seek his monument, look around you.

this is no poo poo my Facebook cover photo. it's really cool and captures more in one moment (the entire memorial in that scene) what Justice League spent about half of its runtime trying to showcase

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this looks like a scene from an Arrested Development-esque sitcom about Superman.

it's my favorite gif

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Brother Entropy posted:

an animal suddenly talking at a dramatic moment is a pretty funny idea though

it is. that moment had multiple moments where nostalgia tugged at the heartstrings, but when Pikachu actually talked everyone in the theater let out a muffled "i know this isn't funny but I can't help it" laugh. It helped that the voice was like, really high pitched and annoying, which isn't so bad when it's saying what are ostensibly animal sounds, but actual words sound hella weird coming from it. It was real goofy.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

GonSmithe posted:

No one knows what Battle Angle Alita is, are you kidding me?

Walk up to 200 people and ask them if they know and you'd be lucky to get one.

and if you do find that one i'd suggest getting away from them quickly before they show you their body pillow girlfriend

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

hiddenriverninja posted:

get ready for white akira

we have been one successful anime adaptation away from white Akira for decades it feels like, but one never shows up

i don't think it's impossible, but every time hollywood tries they seem to gently caress something up. i even liked GitScarJo but it was definitely not successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

Beavis might be the first movie I watch in 2018.

hey if you figure out what time you'd have to start the movie to have Superman touching down before his fight with Batman start right at midnight tell me so i can ring in the new year right.

• Locked thread