Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Hah! Well, this wasn't how I planned the scene to go but you know what, let's rock and roll! Since the enemy hasn't taken his action yet I'll have him go first but Stricken's Power Up still kicks into effect first so she's at Monstrous. But first the Hazard. 8 vs 6. No damage this round.

Stricken/Stranger

As Stricken's field of destruction increases so does the crackling energy field still clinging to the Overed. At this point its unclear if he actually feels pain from it anymore but the surface of his skin hisses and frays while the stray energy from the field carves away at the ground. For a moment he hesitates, hand still outstretched towards the city but with a curse he spins back towards you and blasts you with flame in tremendous quantities. When the white-hot torrent hits your annihilation field there's a crack of tortured air and a shockwave which levels more trees, blasting many of them to glowing embers in a second. Behind the overed the shockwave hits the road, crackling concrete and sending several of the lighter cars tumbling. heavier vehicles rock on their wheels (which burst from the heat) and their windows shatter.

Unleashing a Signature Power: a Combo of Projection, Might and Flawless. The roll will be for 3 dice since the one level of Flawless automatically kicks in. Salamandra [d10]=22 Might brings it to 23. Even in a worse case scenario that's probably not going to Take Out Stricken so I'll go ahead and resolve her actions, but remember to make your defensive roll to see if you take any damage. You've got extra 2 EP from Powering up to monstrous which you can spend freely since you'll be refreshing at the start of your turn.

Now, resolving Stricken's attack. Resisting with Ignoring Injury=13. That'd be 2 Damage normally, he's got 2 EP left so he'll go ahead and use Unbreakable to negate that.

As you surge forward, dissolving everything in your way your target screams defiance at you. He blasts the ground with an explosive blow, throwing up huge chunks of dirt and rubble. You easily blast through it but it turns your demolishing attack into one that merely sends him flying. Trailing flames he first hits the road, splitting the already weakened asphalt, and bounces into what appears to be a coffee shop. The little store goes up in flames and the uninjured Overed strides from the wreckage.

Now for stranger. Rolling for Ignoring Injury=7. That's 3 damage, 2 for Stranger Seizing control. Going ahead and using Dark Bargain once for extra corruption to reduce that to one Damage.

He doesn't get far when he's hit by...something. It's moving faster than the human eye can perceive and looks like no human that exists. Stranger hits the Overed faster than a rifle bullet, hardened spine driving itself into the boy's body and then the two of them are off. Stranger's trail is marked by a flaming corona as his victim's feiry aura rages around them. The passage of superheated, supersonic air is catastrophic, tearing plants from the ground and turning them to ash. The highway is the fastest way out of town and while the flaming gale that Stranger leaves in his wake blasts aside flaming cars and scorches the ground it's better than running through the middle of the city itself.

Finally the Overed tears his way free of Stranger's grip, leaping several meters away and shaking his head to clear his senses...but by now the two of you are several kilometers away, in a little woody hillside north of the airbase.

The overed coughs up blood, "Bastard. I'm not going to fail her. She's got everything planned and she's not going to let me die." the words seem to give him renewed strength, "I've just got to keep you idiots occupied...just a bit longer I guess." With that he raises both hands and unleashes another torrent of flames, turning the hilltop into a miniature volcano as he attempts to pin Stranger down with the gout of white-hot fire.

Using the Signature Power again: Salamandra [d10]=13. If that succeeds then Might brings it to 21. Oh, and forgot about the Hazard: 7 vs 3, successfully resisted.

The Hangar

I'm assuming that everyone can easily make it down the elevator shaft, it's not particularly challenging. The American soldier is also with you.

As you make your way to the bottom of the shaft the American whistles in surprise, "Wow, I knew they were up to some poo poo down here...didn't know it was something like this. It's like something from a Bond movie."

The bottom is full of crates and barrels, marked with ominous looking warning labels. "Biohazard" features prominently. Although several corridors lead out here it's not hard to tell where your quarry has gone...only one corridor has had a heavy steel security door shredded. Littering the ground are a few spent shells and the remains of Ex Machina's initial scout robots. Both Ex Machina and Wraithblade quickly note the lack of bodies or bloodstains and immediately go on alert just seconds before the creatures leap from hiding behind the crates. They move like psychotic tree frogs, hopping from floor to wall to ceiling and back again. They don't stay still long but its easy to see that while they aren't human now they certainly once were.

There are 8 Gjaum, Awakened Power Level. I'm minutes away from getting off work so I don't have time to roll and post initiative currently. Feel free to roll it yourself if you beat me to the punch but I should be able to in the next hourish.

EDIT: here we go:

*Gjaum: 11
*Wraithblade: 9
*Ex Machina: 7
*Back Alley: 5
*Blood Bath: 2
*American: 2

oriongates fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Gjaum Attack
Okay, 8 Gjaum surrounding Ex Machina and crew. Lets see...they'll focus a bit more on the obviously dangerous one so 2 on Wraithblade, 2 on the American and Blood Bath, 1 on Back Alley and Ex Machina

Wearing the tattered remains of American military uniforms the Gjaum quickly surround the group and emit a ululating croak and launch themselves forward. Two of them attempt to flank Wraithblade, feinting with primitive cunning and seeking for an opening past Tchernobog.

First attack: 9 and 25. Looks like that feint may have worked well.

Others seem to be attracted by the scent of blood, surrounding Blood Bath and the American who moves into a back-to-back stance. "What the gently caress happened here?" The American growls, "Are these some kind of experiment...what the hell!?"

Against the American first: 9 vs 5, the American will try and reroll: another 1 and 4 vs 6. He takes one Damage. The other two go for Blood Bath: 6 and 9.

Two of the creatures remain, leaping upon the "helpless" Ex Machina and Back Alley.

The attack vs Ex Machina: 7 and 9.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
(Wraithblade made a preemptive Attack last page that should probably happen before anything else - he is a Neumann after all!)

[Stranger] - ER:77% (Condition: 5/5, Monstrous)

The Overed's attack washed over the area where Stranger was standing, leaving behind churning ashes - and the greasy, burning remnants of a man.

Of course, it was a decoy, but it would suit his purposes well enough.
(Rolling [d10]Infiltration with Corruption Bonus = 12) to fake death and hide)
It was an excellent decoy - look, he used real fire to make it authentic! Stranger chuckled painfully to himself. He'd keep his head down for now - an opportunity would present itself soon enough, if he knew Stricken.

He didn't, really, but he was reasonably certain he knew what she would do next.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 17, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Wraithblade/William Jones - ER: 38% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened)

William could hear the two closing in on him. One charging straight at him, the other circling around. A primitive pincer. William could think of over a dozen counters for exactly this situation in the fraction of a second he had to react.

Sidestep, downward slash.

Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8] COUNTERATTACK against the 9 [d8]=10

The charging gjaum hit nothing but air, and now had a nasty gash going diagonally through its chest from the left shoulder to the right side of its waist.

Reversal, horizontal guard stance to meet the oncoming blow from behind.

The gjaums claws met with the flat of Tchernobog, and could not reach William.

Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8] TOTAL DEFENSE against the 25=19

However, William hadn't had the opportunity to properly balance his stance against the gjaum, causing him to take flight by the force of the blow and slam back first into the walls of the tunnel. He could feel a couple ribs snapping, as well as some bleeding start. No matter. He had had much worse.

William faced the gjaum again, Tchernobog raised vertically in front of him. His stern demeanor remained unchanged, except for a faint trickle of blood flowing from the corner of his mouth.

Counterattacked the first dude for a 10, Total Defended against the 25 and getting a 19, making me take 2 wounds (+4 from knacks and style apply). Total Defense also eats my action for this turn, naturally.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 17, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 5/5, Awakened, 1 EP)

Back Alley smirked, "Aww, boss, looks like they don't think much of us." He cracked his knuckles and began to shift from foot to foot, "Too bad for them."

[d8]Brawling with Excellence: 9

Back Alley danced towards the nearest Gjaum, twirling into a spinning backfist to the Gjaum's face. He followed up with a leg sweep, knocking the Gjaum prone. He then lifted his leg as high as it would go, intending to bring the heel of a designer shoe down on the Gjaum's neck.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken
Corruption: 66
Condition: (4/5 – Monstrous)

[d8]Undaunted Advance to Resist Injuries: 2d8o8k1 6 + 2 for style + 1 corruption bonus = 8 23-9 = 14 = 3 damage taken! Using my two free EP on Unbreakable to reduce that to 1!

---

Her furious assault turned into a sputter as their opposing forces met; the fires of creation and the void itelf. Mirroring the beginning of it all the fires eventually won out, albeit much diminished.
She shrugged the worst it off, she'd been through infernoes before, both man made and gjaum. Small embers still clinging to her, she floated forward* never letting her blank eyes waiver from her target.
She knew that inevitably entropy would always win, for the flames needed fuel, and soon there would be none.

She thrust her death-laden arms at the hill below her, causing ripples beyond those of the displaced air shockwaves that usually accompanied her endeavours.
She was focusing her blows on Space itself, and it tore under her efforts.

The End slipped out from betwixt the cracks. A dire non-entity intent only to consume, it was a tiny death in a big universe.
Small, loose objects began to orbit and vision bent awkwardly in its presence, soon the wind picked up as more and more of the atmosphere was swallowed as well.
Smiling most wickedly, Stricken continued her slow decent* towards the combat-zone, her blows forcing her enemy ever closer to the newly spawned rift, into oblivion!

Manifesting Black Hole Buddy as an external trait (The End), then attacking with that and my Annihilation Field, basically trying to force my enemy into it by way of suppressing fire.
Then attempting to actually suppress fire by Seizing Control if I can of his Signature Move or Salamandra trait in general; by removing all the air in the vicinity with my new shiny black hole!
Paying 1ep upkeep, 1ep for Manifestation and 2ep for Flawless. Bonuses are 2 from Style and 1 from corruption.

*It's not actually slow, she's actually racing along the highway trying to keep up! But you know, it's the thought that counts.

[d10] Annihilation Field: 2d10o10k1 = 6
[d10] Annihilation Field (Flawless reroll): 1d10o10k1 = 9
[d10] Annihilation Field (Flawless reroll): 1d10o10k1 = 7
[d8]The End: 1d8o8k1 = 5
=
9 + 5 + 3 = 17 to attack and Seize Control

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 17, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[Stranger] - ER:77% (Condition: 3/5, Monstrous)

Yep, that was it! His eyes had scarcely perceived the destruction when he started moving. He pushed himself to his feet and ran. Three steps away.

His skin thickened, then thickened again, fibres folding over and weaving together to create a layer of ceramic armor on his front surface.
(Rolling Manifesting Ramming Armor = 2) Two steps away.

His feet broke through the boiling glass of the soil, so they splayed out into wide pads, gaining him purchase enough to increase his speed.
(Rolling Rolling [d8] Unnatural Speed = 5) to Team Up) One step away.

His blood boiled as he closed the final distance, giving him the strength he needed to survive Stricken's storm of nothing.
(Rolling Dark Bargain = 9) And then...

He hit. (Rolling Quintuple Might = 17)

(Split up, but long story short: Teaming Up with Stricken, +7 to Stricken's roll, and +17 if that hits)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 17, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Blood Bath - - ER: 35% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened)

Bohn reacts quickly to perform a side jump to dodge one of the gjaum's assault while forming an eye-pleasing blood shield to block the other one.

Full defense against both with bloody style (used wrong syntex, it should add both): 11, 18

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ex Machina - ER: 36% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened)

"She is lacking in control, " Ex Machina said, in response to Wraithblade's remarks about Stricken. "I will have to supervise her training. An unintentional loose cannon is equally as capable of causing collateral damage as a true renegade."

Then the Gjaum were upon him, and he had no chance to say more. Before he could take even a single step back, one of them lashed out with its claws, and pierced his chest.

((Rolling Neumann to defend, spending 1 EP. Result is 7. One point of damage taken.))

Ex Machina did not flinch, nor did he struggle. In fact, he didn't move at all. One of the perks of having a Neumann's self-control was the capability to edit the body's reflexive responses, overriding them by sheer force of will. The sight of the branch chief hanging from the Gjaum's claw was unnerving, as was the perfect calmness of his voice as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Foucault, center Panopticon. Override safety protocols." There was a moment's pause, and then...

"Fire."

...The unassuming little metal spider on his shoulder let loose a large blast of piercing red light. Stuck inside Ex Machina's body as it was, the Gjaum was not able to escape the scorching fury of Foucault's electrolaser. "Let us make this quick," he said. "We do not have time to waste with these shells of men."

((...and then using Syndrome Boost to keep the Gjaum in place and shooting up a bit with Foucault's help. Final result: 9. Talk about symmetrical payback.)))

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

The Burning Hill
Seizing Control that way would shut down his Signature Power and would prevent him from manifesting actual flames (which is going to shut down a few of his Knacks as well). Salamandra still allows him to use pure heat...or he could switch to cold if he wants. But, since everyone's trying it he's going to Manifest "Wings Of Fire" and use his last EP to defend with a Syndrome Boost Salamandra [d10]=13 plus Wings of Fire [d10]=7. total of 20 but Stricken and Stranger's combo is 24, then +17 from the huge Might boost. that means you beat him by 21 for a total of 5 damage.

The first sign of Stricken's arrival is when the blazing trees are suddenly extinguished. A lightless vortex pulls fire, ash and air into its black maw, slowly growing closer to the hostile overed. He raises his arms, presumably to try blasting it with a gout of flame but the fires gutter as the air they need is sucked away. As the vortex grows closer he crouches down and a pair of blazing wings sprout from his back. Although The End tries to consume them the wings spread open, crossing from one side of the hill to another. With a powerful beat against the remaining air the Overed is airborne, the downdraft scouring all remaining life on the hillside.

But the air is where Stricken is waiting for him. Beams of nothingness carve away at his wings faster than he can create them and finally, with a savage blast she knocks him earthward again. He recovers well enough to make a three point landing in the ash and dust but now both the The End and Stricken are above him and the air around him is consumed as quickly as new air rushes in. You can see him gathering his willpower once more...still fighting despite the incredible opposition.

When Stranger slams into him with the force of a tank shell. The impact plows him into the dirt, throwing up a huge cloud which is greedily sucked up into The End like an inverted dust devil.

On the ground, bleeding, exhausted and...apparently...beatenis the boy you've been fighting. The suction of the vortext begins to drag him along the ground, threatening to pull him up into nothingness. He claws feebly at the dirt, only slowing the inexorable attraction slightly.

There's minimal air left, but you can just barely make out his gasps over the wind being sucked into The End: "I'm sorry...I'm not strong enough...please...please help me..."

And then suddenly, he's no longer alone. A young woman, older than him but not by much, in a simple white dress with long black hair is suddenly standing beside him. She looks down at him with a blank expression as though considering something of mild importance. You can't help but notice that neither her hair or her dress moves in the wind. She looks up at Stricken and Stranger, seemingly undisturbed by the rampant destruction.

"Would you mind," her voice seems quite but it carries eerily, "if I took him home now? I'm sorry he troubled you, please consider it all my fault."

I did not think she would be making an appearance this early on, but it's an interesting twist. Putting this up in case I don't finish the post for the second group before I leave work, but it should be done shortly.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Down Below
Gjaum's reactions: Vs Wraithblade=5 (as Dogkisser pointed out I'm giving you that pre-emptive attack you rolled, but dropping one of the +2's to account for the Counterattack, still 3 damage). Vs Ex Machina=13. Vs Back Alley=4, so 2 Damage. and finally the American=7 vs the gjaum=3, 1 Damage. Below is a handy little engagement chart:

One of the Gjaum rears back from Foucault's laser, only to be caught by Back Alley's sneaky assault. The thing twists around, turning its attention to this new threat. Meanwhile the American, still back to back with Blood Bath, snaps several of the gjaum's ribs with a kick only to be caught by its claws, cutting several bloody streaks across his stomach.

The taste and scent of blood seem to drive these gjaum into a greater frenzy and they renew their assault with little regard for their own safety.

New Round, gjaum counter-attack:
*Vs Wraithblade (this still gets all-out defense bonus): 7 and 7
*Vs. Blood Bath (also all out defense bonus): 16 and 4
*Vs Ex Machina: http://orokos.com/roll/383671]13
*Vs Back Alley: 12
*Vs The American: 1 Damage and 1 more Damage

oriongates fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 18, 2016

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

sorry for the brevity on the second part, almost out of time. By the way, I set up an editable google doc in case there was stuff you guys wanted to put down as feedback or questions when I'm not in the chat: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X28m6r5ewj4gNrO7a_istLbaofzlEHRV5g9vbhd3O5A/edit?usp=sharing

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken

Floating over the devastated land, the hill below boiling away beneath her, she calmly began reporting in.

"Enemy Overed, Salamandra-designated Youkai-Class, neutralized sir. Requesting permission to Terminate as per the Gojira Convention."

There was a moments pause as the scene developed. Outwardly she remained motionless, but anyone monitoring her levels back at UGN headquarters via the Lifeline Sensor would see a storm of activity.
Not just in keeping the renegade virus in check, but also the deer-in-headlights panic of the unexpected, unphased visitor.

Stricken had seen a lot in her life, too much, really, for someone so young to handle, but never anything like this.
The girl below her appearing unflappable, even bored, acting as the one fixed point in all the chaos around them.

Hesitating, Stricken once more sub-vocalized directly to Branch Chief Belcry's earpiece.
"It appears, uh. It appears God has entered the scene. Please advise."

Holding for now, actions later after I hear back from Belcry!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Wraithblade/William Jones - ER: 38% (Condition: 3/5, Awakened)

With their momentary advantage no longer present, William struck away the blows of the Gjaum with contemptuous ease. They were fast, yes, and strong. But that is all they had. No technique, no skill. And that was why they would lose. Nevertheless, they were wasting his time. And the time of his superior.

It was time to end them.

"Guillotine", he intoned in a clear voice. If the other agents had read their mission brief, they knew now would be a good time to try and keep their respective gjaum as still as possible.

Whilst the gjaum flailed against his impenetrable defense in impotent frustration, William took quick stock of the battlefield, closed his eyes, and focused. He imagined all the scattered gjaum, their various locations and the spaces they inhabited.

William brought Tchernobog down in an overhead swing.

Space was relative. And right then, right there, eight spaces had become one. Just for one teeny, almost impossibly short moment. But nevertheless long enough to meet his blade.

Blademaster [d10] + Tchernobog [d8] MULTI-ATTACK against all 8 gjaum =16

I did not even roll my defense against those blows, because I cannot even theoretically fail it with total defense (a minimum of 3 from the three dice I roll, +4 from my bonuses). So, just read that as William being extra contemptuous with the gjaum :v:

Also, multi-attacked all the gjaum with a +6 ( 4 from knack and style and 2 from Excellence), getting a 16. FYI OTHER DUDES IN THE FIGHT team up with this multi-attack so that we can just kill all the gjaum this turn. You can fluff it as you trying to keep the gjaum as still as possible (or whatever else helpful you can think of here) as per codeword 'Guillotine'.

Again, remember I have a Deadly Weapon for counting wounds.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 18, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[Stranger] - ER:86% (Condition: 3/5, Monstrous)

Stranger's armor split down the middle, retracting into wary tendrils. Waves of nausea and discomfort roiled through his body at the newcomer's uncanny appearance. Simply ignoring Stricken's unleashed fury meant she was either extremely powerful, some manner of projection... or - if rumours and half-glimpsed secured files were a reliable account - a Renegade Being. The thought of the latter sent an involuntary shudder through him, but he was nothing if not a professional.

Coiling together his disparate and alien parts, Stranger formed himself into a humanoid shape - a female, to match Stricken and this newcomer. With the power running through him (and the corruption burning at his innards like flaming absinthe), he (she) couldn't quite hold onto her form - a motion sparked a ripple of mismatched complexion across her face, and her clothing fluctuated with each breath. Steadying herself, she held up one hand towards Stricken, silently begging her to let her handle this.

She spoke, with a clear and even tone - almost friendly, but underlaid with steel. She flipped her headset on so the others could hear, as well. Dimly, she hoped the others were alright.

"This gentlemen caused a significant amount of damage and anguish to ourselves and to the surrounding populace. He shot down a transport helicopter, attacked several soldiers, and destroyed a coffee shop (and presumably the people therein). As duly appointed Agents of the UGN, we are well within our rights to capture or execute him at our leisure. And now you mean to take him? I'm afraid sorry simply isn't good enough. How do you intend to make reparations for your subordinate?"

(Rolling [d6] Friendly Stranger with Corruption and Excellence = 25) to try to get some answers out of her - without escalating the situation!)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 20, 2016

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

"Foucault, amplify Panopticon. Maximum spread."

Ex Machina's little arachnid creation looked up, and instead of shooting at any of the Gjaum, fired a wide blast at the ceiling. It split upon impact, creating several laser arcs which struck the Gjaum. It wouldn't do much to hurt them, but it didn't need to - all it needed to do was stun them long enough for Wraithblade to finish the job. Which was good, because most of his attention was on other matters.

"My sensors show nothing more than another Overed, Stricken. Doubtless in league with the terrorist you just neutralized, but no immediate threat as of yet. If anything, I suspect she might be an illusion, a construct or figment meant to speak with you remotely. Stay on guard, but do not be afraid." It was a rough preliminary analysis, particularly coming from him, but sufficient. All that was needed at the moment was some reassurance to prevent a greater catastrophe while Stranger worked his charm. And the Branch Chief was confident this conflict could be resolved without escalating excessively.

Adding to the team attack by rolling Foucault and using Might. Ra'id adds 4 accuracy and 3 effect.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 18, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken

The virus screaming at her to destroy, it took all of Strickens willpower to not. This new development was highly unsettling, but as always her superior seemed to have a plan.
Her fellow agent, Stranger? Yes, the Lifeline Sensor labelled him as such, was attempting diplomacy.

Stricken had never been much of a diplomat, but she knew how to play the muscle. She tried to restrain her power a bit, reel the awful field of destruction in as she descended to a few feet above ground.
The crater forming beneath her spoke a different story, no matter what control she exerted it would not be deterred. As for The End, well it continued it's consumption unabated, but perhaps with less force than before.
The rush of air lessened, but was still present. It made it easier for stranger to talk and had the side effect of billowing Strickens clothes most threateningly.

---

[d6] Unnerving Presence together with [d8] The End to Team Up with Stranger, putting the threat of threat behind his words! Using 2 ep for Might, 1 for Upkeep (dropping the Hazard) keeping one in reserve.
Bonuses are +2 from style, +1 from corruption and another +2 from my Unnerving Presence Knack if this person counts as a regular human which I highly doubt.

[d6] Unnerving Presence: 2d6o6l1 = 1 + [d8]The End: 1d8o8k1 = 4 + 2 x Might: 2d6o6 = 5

Final result is thus 5 + 2 + 1 for 8 which increases to 10 if she counts as regular human. If this is enough to beat her Social Defence for this diplomacy session add another 5 on top of that from might!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blood Bath/Bohn Brel - - ER: 35% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened)

The sight Bohn's bloody American friend fills him with determination! He can do this! ANALYZATION ON!

These gjaum seems to be artificially stimulated experiments subject from what Bohn can gathers. Their catatonic state and more coordinated state of able to identifying their own kind provides empirical evidence that they are the simular kind of gjaum that Bohn has inspected at the beginning of the mission. Although these lesser variant does not shares the more body morphing capability of their powerful cousin that the team defeated earlier, Bohn can safely concludes the physical structure of these being have similar fatality in regards to their nervous, circulatory, muscular and skeletal systems remind simular to human. Keeping in mind their capability to ignore pain, Bohn have a few good ideas on which vital parts of their body can be dealt with more damage. In fact, he gonna let two gjaum hit him with minimal damage just to double check their muscular motion.

Full defense against their attacks: 11, 10 (2 damage total)

Yes, they are definitely as Bohn have thought. Additionally, the external bleeding from Bohn's body only solidify his focus to a more high level of precision!

He can sees it! Their weak points!

"Wraithblade!" Bohn calls out to the blademaster who is prepared one of his butosai moves and tell him their weakpoints!

Hemotology Team Up (Forgot to add style bonus): 2+2 =4

These advice will definitely results in MIGHTY cut for the blademaster!

Might: 4

Wait a minute...

That name tag...

No...

Loises posted:

2 - Lost Family (Anger/Hope): Bohn's family is still missing after three years, but he somehow knew they are still alive. His blood in him keep telling him they are alive and their kidnapper will paid for the price of his wrath.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY WAIFU!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 19, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Currently sitting at a 24 + 7 from Might with a Deadly Weapon for my Team Up attack.<

Also, Nyaa continues to be the best :allears:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 19, 2016

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

The Hillside

As Stricken looms closer to the strange young woman her blank expression breaks a bit, but not with fear. Instead she smiles, a small, slightly sad, smile. "I'm very sorry. I wish we could all be friends. Maybe," she tilts her head, looking at Stricken in particular, "maybe after all this is over we can."

She looks down at the other Overed, now nearly passed out, "But I'm sorry, Ruby Phoenix and I can't make it better right now. But I promise you, once I'm finished if you're still mad I'll try and make it up to you."

From Stranger's perspective she and the fallen overed simply vanish. One moment they're there and the next they're gone.

Stricken senses something different however. In the space between seconds there's a warping in space and time emanating from the odd young woman.

This is a variation on the Freeze Time Balor power and Stricken is currently powerful enough to force her way along if she wants...but fair warning this is a Boss character.

Under the Base
Still missing Back Alley but I have a feeling that the gjaum aren't going to be surviving this. I'll go ahead and roll and see if there's any that might need an extra push to go down. Let's see: Lots of Rolls Highest is a 13 which means a minimum of 5 damage has been inflicted (accounting for Deadly Weapons) to everyone.

There's a bright flash of laser light from Ex Machina's device. The effect is little more than a sunburn but the intensity is enough to cause them to reel back, clutching their eyes.

Blood Bath shouts out his advice (while clearing afterimages from his own eyes) and Wraithblade is already in motion before he even finishes speaking.

Within seconds none of the abominations are still standing. A few of the larger...bits...continue struggling for several seconds, attempting to claw their way forward. But then they all go still.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken

And just like that, they where gone. But even this eventually her Superior had foreseen. Nestled in her hair, appearing to all the world as nothing but a fashionable hair bow was a tiny but well shielded robotic drone.
It was a trifling matter for her to send it speeding through time, but another to do so stealthily. Still, with their foes hasty retreat and her body battling the ravaging virus it was all she could do at the moment,
the rest of her tired mind devoted to sparing the landscape of the worst of her powers influence, until such a time she could calm down and return to headquarters or wherever the UGN would take her next.

With her task thus seemingly completed, she hovered uncertainly above the devastated hillside.
"Huh." She said. "We should get back." "And probably away from the city as well."
Truth be told, she wanted to get away from the world entirely.

---

Alright, the idea here is to send a spydrone that Belcry Had Already Prepared Earlier after them.
This seems like the perfect opportunity for a team up using my Syndrome Boost and Ex Machinas Preparation and Foreknowledge skill, but since this isn't a Clash any more that is not allowed rules-as-written.
So I pose the question to you oriongates, who should roll and what, if it is even necessary?

After that is done I'm returning to the Tempest Base unless Stranger or Belcry has some other idea. Keeping high to avoid collateral and Warding as I go, I don't want anyone else hurt.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Stranger never took her eyes off her target, but she vanished just the same. Stricken seemed like she tensed somewhat at the instance of disappearance, but it was tough to guess what she was really thinking. Well, it couldn't be helped. And she emphatically agreed that they needed to get out away from the city... already, Stranger's body strained against her will, tendrils and patches of scaly armor rippling across her form. The sooner they could find the others and be extracted, the better. She needed some R&R, and the sooner the better.

For now, she thought wryly, she would put her yet-contained power to good use. She followed Stricken's destructive path towards the base, moving as slowly and leisurely as she was capable in this state.

"Branch Chief - both unidentified Overeds have absconded without further conflict. We're returning to Yokota Air Base from a forested area several klicks to the north. We're probably going to need some manner of fire suppression out here - both of us are running hot in more ways than one."

After a moment, she opened comms again and added sheepishly:

"Also, this is Stranger, not some strange woman who stole a radio."

(I'm good just walking back! If they need me (and it really doesn't seem like they do) then I'll run, but as of yet Stranger has no idea where they are!)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ra'id wiped bits of gore off of himself as the sounds of battle faded away, following Wraithblade's sudden strike. "At ease, Stranger," he said, absent-mindedly. "There is no need for identity checks at the moment. We will investigate the base's interior and ascertain what it was that these terrorists were looking for. Deescalate and rendezvous with the team in fifteen minutes at the gates."

Seamlessly, he began to provide orders to the rest of his squad. "Back Alley, light up the basement. Bloodbath, scan the area for signs of any other living beings. Wraithblade, keep your eyes open for any other hostiles." Then, he moved to begin his search for the secret this base hid.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blood Bath - - ER: 35% (Condition: 2/5, Awakened)

Bohn is too overwhelmed by the damning revelation of what he sees in front of him to heard the orders. His wife, Waitfu Brel is a gjuam!? He looks at other gjuam's name tag and sees:

Dogk Brel - His Father!
Transy Brel - His Son!
Swed Thau - His brother in law!
Orion Brel - His ex-boss/consin who''s also Waifu's secret affair, but we has resolved that!
Thean Brel - His Grandfather!
Roland Brel - His daughter!

"All of my family is here! All of them are gjuam! I can feel his blood telling him that his whole family is dead! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Bohn Brel screamed as he begins to freak out. "WHY!? WHHHHHHHHY!?"

Corruption from losing Lost Family louise: +5%

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 20, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened, 1 EP)

For my defense last round, I'll do a retroactive total defense using a syndrome boosted [d10]Pure Blood (Angel Halo) to blind the Gjaum that attacked me. Rolled an 8, so I took one point of damage.

Back Alley withdrew a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the blood from his knuckles and mouth, cursing himself for his carelessness. At least the Gjaum weren't corrosive like the last one.

At the Ra'id's order, Back Alley nodded and replied, "Coming right up." He closed his eyes and began to rhythmically breathe in and out, willing a veil of gentle, white light around him. With a thought, he pushed the veil *out*, attempting to light up as much of the basement sublevel as possible.

Syndrome boosting [d10]Pure Blood (Angel Halo) to light up the area. Rolled a 16!

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 20, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

William gave no overt answer to Ex Machina's order, merely content on inspecting Tchernobog for any lingering pieces of gore. Finding it immaculate as always, he sheathed it for the time being. But he never relaxed his watch.

Perfect Intuition [d6] =7

Rolling Perfect Intuition with Excellence to try and get clues or spot traps or ambushes or such. Basically an awareness check.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Stricken/Stranger
Hmm...cool idea. Let me think about the metaphysics of it. Obviously you can't monitor anything the spybot would record "live" since a second after she's vanished she's already completed anything she wants to do during frozen time. Let's say give me a Syndrome Boost roll aided by Ex Machina's Machine Minions trait. The OF will be a d10 Navigating Timeless Space [d10]=8. Depending on if or how well the roll is beaten there'll be some info later.

Also, this is more or less officially the end of a Scene so you two get to decide if you're staying at Monstrous (and thus taking the extra Corruption) or Powering Down.

Blood Bath

It's amazing...your entire family: wife, children...everyone! Not only were they apparently Tempest double-agents but then they mutated into killer monsters...and now they're DEEEEAAAAAD!!

The American limps over to where you're sobbing over the corpses. "So..uh...that sucks"

Everyone Else Standing Around While Blood Bath Freak Out

While the room has several exits there's little question that one in particular is the route taken by the unknown invaders: a passageway labeled "ANTI-RENEGADE TESTING LAB A" and below that "PASSCODE, KEYCARD AND DNA VERIFICATION REQUIRED" and next to it is a security terminal: top of the line-cutting edge security systems, likely nearly unhackable even by a Neumann or Black Dog Overed and with scanners quite capable of seeing through an Exile's shape-shifting or an Angel Halo's illusions.

It has been bypassed by simply tearing the 3 inch thick steel door from the wall.

Wraithblade your senses are telling you that there's no immediate danger in the area. Putting together the clues paints a picture of what happened here: the invaders made there way down the elevator where they were greeted by...well apparently the entire Brel clan, the first security forces responding to the breach. Apparently the invaders were capable of transforming them into Gjaum and directing the Gjaum's fury away from themselves against anyone who followed them. Signs point to a powerful Solaris. Although the destruction to the door indicates the strong possibility of a Chimera as well.

Back Alley, the bright illumination and your keen senses show you that further down the hall there are signs of further resistance eliminated. In this case simply torn to pieces. Many have been struck by what appears to be very high caliber gunfire and others have simply been torn limb from limb. There's a few bullet marks on the walls from return fire but few enough to indicate that likely the soldiers were slain within a matter of seconds.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Stranger nodded (pointlessly) at Belcry's response. They seemed like they had things well in hand, so she decided to take her time. A rendezvous in fifteen minutes was effectively a crawl at her speed, so she took her time. On her way, she let herself calm down from the high of battle, the Renegade virus sinking into dormancy. Bit by bit, she felt herself sink into quiet contemplation as she walked through the forest. You'd almost forget that moments ago she was caked with blood and ash.

She whistled a tuneless ditty as she walked.

(De-escalating down to Awakened - I'm quite fine staying low key, now!)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

William was crouching near one of the fallen Gjaum, near imperceptible signs of worry flickering on his face for but a moment. Frankensteins, an UGM designation for entities capable of artificially creating and occasionally even directing Gjaum were always trouble. Not something that could not be dealt with, but the actual dealing often led to considerable loss of life as well as being messy to boot.

William stood back up, momentarily turning towards Ex Machina to deliver his findings. "Frankenstein. Probably Solaris, perhaps Chimera."

He then turned to Bohn. "I am wounded. Can you assist, doctor?" No part of William's tone or mannerism seemed to indicate any sort of condolence towards the loss of family the poor doctor had just gone through.

Just chatting. Invoking Bohn's Bram Stoker and Doctor certificates to maybe heal a wound or two since this is the end of a scene.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blood Bath
Denial
Anger <--
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

"Can you wait!?" Bohn snap back at William. "I am mourning the dead of my family here!"

He turns to the American soldier semi-friend, "You guys must had kidnapped my family and do inhuman experiment on them! How could you!"

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken
Condition: (4/5 – Monstrous -> Awakened)

In the time between this moment and the next, her hair-bow unfolded into a beautiful semitransparent butterfly and leapt away on the changeless wind, it's current provided by the strange virus that permeated every cell of Strickens body.
It would have been a beautiful scene had anyone had the capacity to see it.

[d8] Syndrome Boost: 2d8o8k1: 7 + 3 = 12

Descending from the sky, she tried her best to calm down and reign in her aura. She knew she couldn't keep it up for long, her power was unpredictable at the best of times and the stress of it all was getting to her.

Going to need a keep-lowest Machine Minions roll from Ex Machina to see the end-result though! Bonuses on my end are +2 from Style and +1 from Corruption.
Spending 1 ep to Syndrome boost and 2ep on Preserver to limit the devestation caused by my aura. Warding is in effect.
Powering down to Awakened after this, my final action for the Scene. Following Stranger wherever he may go next.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

William stared at Bohn coldly.

"It is unbecoming of an agent to jeopardize a mission due to personal grievance. Act as your position dictates."

He squeezed the hilt of Tchernobog slightly.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blood Bath
Denial
Anger
Bargaining <--
Depression
Acceptance

Bohn stares back at William with cold blooded eyes. He morph a radio on his hand and call the boss. "Agent Blood Bath request 5 minutes R&R."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

((Result for the help roll: 11. Stricken's total is 23.))

"Granted. Keep your eyes open, Bloodbath. There may still be hostiles in the area. Should we require your assistance, rendezvous with us immediately."

Raising a hand, Ra'id gestured William and Lucas to follow him. "It is likely we face two specialists, one focused on physical power and the other on neurochemical manipulation, or an extremely powerful mixed breed," he said, speaking without noise thanks to the UGN's subvocal technology. "If you suspect you are being manipulated or suffering from hallucinations, switch to subvocalized communication feeds and open the lines with the codewords 'Hunahpu' and 'Ixbalanque', respectively. If you do not receive the answer word 'Ixquic', assume that whatever it is you see, hear or smell is a lie and react accordingly. I assume neither of you requires any instructions on how to deal with a Chimaera, agents."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blood Bath
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression <--
Acceptance

Sigh.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Outside

You're both fairly far from the Air Base...but there's no question that you'll be able to follow your path back.

Sadly a large scale disaster like this can be much easier to cover up than smaller-scale incident. Hearing about someone leaping from rooftop to rooftop or swordfighting monsters in an alleyway is the stuff urban legends are made of...a major and very public disasters must have a logical explanation. Maybe it'll be a gas line explosion. Maybe it'll be terrorists (it is an election year). Who knows.

In the distance there's the sound of ambulance and fire trucks rushing to the scene. Among all the chaos the two of you likely won't draw any notice and with Stranger running at full speed and Stricken flying low to the ground you're both back to the Air Base within a matter of minutes. Although by now the soldiers at the base have been killed or are responding to the larger disaster outside, the few remaining forces are easily evaded.

Below
I assume you guys are waiting for Stricken and Stranger to catch up

Blood Bath: The American holds up his hands to try and pacify your rapidly shifting moods. "Woah, woah. Look, I just got here today with the Colonel and his crew...but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't dress experiments up in uniforms." He peers at the nearest corpse, "Yeah, I remember this one. She was on duty, that half of her face still looks familiar, and I remember she had a weird first name. Wafu or something."

Ex Machina: When Stricken activates your previously placed spy-bot you get an alert from your computer system. There's roughly half a second of video, mostly the back of Stricken's head and then a decent shot of the strange Overed woman's head. The drone has just enough time to "lock on" its recognition software before Stricken banishes it to...the wherever. You've talked with other Balor-Syndrome Overeds within the UGN and frankly even to you the physics of somehow moving and acting within "frozen time" just doesn't make sense. How would you see or breath if time is at a standstill, how could you move through the frozen wall of time-locked gas molecules? But nevertheless, it seems to work. It's the sort of thing Neumann's have to be careful about thinking too much about or they could end up in a recursion and that leads to a hell of a migraine.

Of course, if the drone was sent into some kind of frozen time then, from your perspective in normal time, it should instantly re-appear on your GPS and begin transmitting any info it gathered while it was out of contact. But all you've got is a "Signal Lost" message from the drone. It's autonomous software should have ensured that it would have followed, stealthily, the Overed it locked onto but of course she might have detected and destroyed it...but unless its black box was utterly demolished you should at least get a GPS ping from its transponder. Of course, who knows if the drone's sensors were properly calibrated for navigating in the...wherever. Or maybe the Overed simply traveled somewhere where radio signals would be blocked or scrambled.

Fortunately before the signal was lost the drone sent a high-density dump of it sensor data. Reviewing the information it was able to gather in that short amount of time you can tell one thing at least...the girl is likely a human, not a Renegade Being. Your research on the virus has led to some fairly distinct ways to detect a Renegade Being and she shows none of the signs. Clearly a Balor and probably, given her apparent power, a Pure Breed.

By the way, there will be more info from that spy drone, just delayed a little.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

[Back Alley] - ER:34% (Condition: 4/5, Awakened, 1 EP)

Back Alley glanced sideways at the weird blood guy breaking the world record for fastest traversal through the 5 Stages. Nope, not touching that one. Guy looked like he needed some space, anyway.

He squinted down the hallway at the dead soldiers and tried the subvocal function on his radio, "Boss, I see signs of a struggle down the hall. Seems to match what you're saying...ugh this thing feels weird." He joined Ra'id and William as they went down the hallway, "Also, I just want you to know that you picked the weirdest safe words ever."

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[Stranger] - ER:86% (Condition: 3/5, Awakened)

Stranger followed their obvious trail down into the depths of the Hangar, still whistling. She took up position behind them, whistles trailing away to nothing as she took in the scene - the gore, the mangled door... Blood Bath weeping tears of blood all over the floor as a muscle-bound American tried awkwardly to comfort him. Every fibre of her being cried out to ask exactly what the hell had gone on down here.

Instead, she stood silently at attention, waiting for further instruction.

(Still around, busy with school and whatnot but still interested.)

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Been a bit busy myself, sorry for not showing up in chat today. About to go to bed but in the morning we'll go ahead and push things forward if we're still in a lull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Stricken
Condition: (4/5 – Awakened)

Stricken followed Stranger solemnly through the ruined highway, observing in silence the devastation wrought even when they tried their best to limit such destruction.
It was a good thing they stopped this 'Ruby Phoenix' when they did, who can tell what he would have done had he been allowed free range of the city proper?
Once they got back to Yakota Air Base however, Stricken took a detour, once more taking to the skies to observe what was left of the Tempest Facility from a skyward perspective.
Their former foe must have come from somewhere, might have left something behind in his eagerness to fight and flee.

Stricken was used to working alone and with a high degree of independent authority, so straying a tad from established mission parameters wasn't anything unusual for her.
Secretly, it served the dual purpose of getting her away from everyone else for a while, that she might gather her thoughts and calm down a bit after all that had happened today.

[d6] UGN Field Training to Search the Perimeter: 2d6o6k1: 5 + 3 = 8

Looking for anything Ruby Phoenix might have dropped or left behind, like say his Quad Launcher, or an escape vehicle or something. If I don't find anything I'll join up with the others after a while.
Bonuses are Style and Corruption.

• Locked thread