Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

We made it to March!

It's the first day of conference tournaments! I'm not sure how much anyone else cares, but I like to keep track of each days conference tourney games. (times listed are Eastern) I also have a google sheets document with all of this year's brackets which can be updated in realtime. (tabs in red are conferences where all seeds have been determined / tournament is in progress)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ei2EFlk5AlrcBJ1I2Melxav-bIuOikJgUUubZQpW5EA/edit?usp=sharing

Tuesday, March 1

Atlantic Sun
7:00 PM - (6) Lipscomb at (3) Jacksonville [ESPN 3]
7:05 PM - (5) Kennesaw State at (4) Florida Gulf Coast [ESPN 3]
7:30 PM - (8) USC Upstate at (1) North Florida [ESPN 3]
7:30 PM - (7) Stetson at (2) NJIT [ESPN 3]

Patriot League
7:00 PM - (10) Lafayette at (7) Navy [Patriot League Network]
7:30 PM - (9) Holy Cross at (8) Loyola (MD) [Patriot League Network]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
You fooled me for a moment into thinking there was an actual "Patriot League Network", like on TV. But it's just CampusInsiders.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 1, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, sadly it is fake tv, not real tv. But I think last year you could watch the Patriot League tournament games for free on there, which is nice.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Evansville got the second seed behind conference juggernaut Wichita in THE VALLEY tourney. The only other time they've gotten seeded that high they made the NCAA's. it-might-be-happening-maybe.gif
edit: oh this is the GDT, whatever go aces gently caress everyone else imo

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 1, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dunk City is off to a good start against Kennesaw State. My Atlantic Sun team is NJIT though, it would be cool to see them in the NCAA tournament after their humble beginnings in the Great West conference (may it rest in peace).

edit: I wonder who is paying to keep the Great West Conference website up?

http://www.greatwestconference.org/sports/m-baskbl/gwfc-m-baskbl-body.html

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The A-Sun tournament is infinitely improved by holding it on campus sites.

Death to neutral court tournaments.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Uh, did Baylor forget that they had a game tonight?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

NJIT. :(

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue had Nebraska down 21 halfway through the first half then Hammons and Haas had 2 fouls and Shavon Shields decided he couldn't miss from anywhere and the lead down to 8 at the half.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good road win for UVA at Clemson. Three-way race at the top of the ACC now: if UNC wins at Duke Saturday then they'll be top seed into the ACCT; if not, Miami could get it by winning out at Notre Dame and at Virginia Tech. Virginia needs to beat Louisville in Charlottesville in combination with a UNC and Miami loss.

Seeding isn't really that big a deal though because teams 1-4 (those three plus Duke) and 5-8 (ND-Pitt-Clemson-Syracuse) will be roughly comparable.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I cannot believe they called that charge on Jacksonville, wow.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
they've burned 54 seconds of game clock in the last 10 minutes of this UK-UF game

:suicide:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kidd-Liggit posted:

they've burned 54 seconds of game clock in the last 10 minutes of this UK-UF game

:suicide:

That's alright, I didn't want to watch Iowa anyway

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
kill me

e: 31 minutes to do the last 5 minutes of game clock

Kidd-Liggit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 2, 2016

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
In the A-Sun everything's coming up North Florida.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa's going to lose.

In other news, due to a pair of upsets in the Atlantic Sun, the winner of Lipscomb (currently 12-20) vs Stetson (currently 11-21) will play on March 6th for a chance to make the NCAA tournament.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

IU can't breathe on an Iowa player without getting called.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress this choking rear end team

Hello Towel posted:

IU can't breathe on an Iowa player without getting called.

Lol ok

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Why do they still let Dakich call Indiana games, he's practically on the court sucking them off

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I will bet so much on Uthoff missing at least one of these free throws

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Uh, what the hell happened to Oklahoma? Last I looked they were up 56-34. That's quite an epic collapse.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

I will bet so much on Uthoff missing at least one of these free throws

We're going to need you to keep posting negative predictions please

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's cool that traveling is only against the rules if you're wearing white

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

We're going to need you to keep posting negative predictions please

Iowa is gonna lose out

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Glad OU had to cheat to win by paying off the refs int he last 3 mintues after blowing a 26 point lead and the refs called 6 fouls on baylor within 6 seconds and called every out of bounds play off baylor even the obvious one off OU and Baylor shoudlve won why cant they beat even one good team all year ISU doesn't even count I guess we're bound for another first round playoff exit from a wheelchair bound man's retarded son sinking a full court shot with 1 hand down his pants like last year everything sucks BAylor is the best team in existence and basically won but the refs cheated due to steroids Go Texas too Texas will beat anyone int he tourney and Baylor will beat anyone unless there's an austistic 12 year old making his first ncaa start then he'll drop 30 on us

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jesus, Iowa is loving garbage.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Holy poo poo Iowa, where did this moxie come from?!

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress this game

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Good going Clemmons, good going.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

never mind this is actually a good game

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That sure was an ending to a basketball game

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Champs. :whatup:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

anne frank fanfic posted:

Glad OU had to cheat to win by paying off the refs int he last 3 mintues after blowing a 26 point lead and the refs called 6 fouls on baylor within 6 seconds and called every out of bounds play off baylor even the obvious one off OU and Baylor shoudlve won why cant they beat even one good team all year ISU doesn't even count I guess we're bound for another first round playoff exit from a wheelchair bound man's retarded son sinking a full court shot with 1 hand down his pants like last year everything sucks BAylor is the best team in existence and basically won but the refs cheated due to steroids Go Texas too Texas will beat anyone int he tourney and Baylor will beat anyone unless there's an austistic 12 year old making his first ncaa start then he'll drop 30 on us

The autistic kid is saving himself for Kansas, please get it right.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Seems like Iowa will probably get a 7 seed in the Big Ten tournament after they lose to Michigan and probably play the loser of Northwestern/Penn State, which is a game that Iowa will obviously lose. Limp into the NCAAs as a 7 seed, lose to, say, Colorado, and that's the season. Good times.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

In other news, due to a pair of upsets in the Atlantic Sun, the winner of Lipscomb (currently 12-20) vs Stetson (currently 11-21) will play on March 6th for a chance to make the NCAA tournament.

Stetson is APR-banned from the NCAAs. If they play Florida Gulf Coast then FGCU has to win or else the autobid apparently defaults back to the regular season champ, North Florida. If Stetson plays North Florida in the title the result is irrelevant.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really hate when they let ineligible teams participate in the conference tournaments... iirc it happened last year in the SWAC where the championship game didn't matter because one of the teams was ineligible. There's no reason the A-Sun couldn't have given North Florida a bye and had it be a 7 team tournament. :argh:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

Iowa is gonna lose out

Insha'allah

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

We've got three more conferences getting things started today. In the America East, Stony Brook is a solid favorite to make their first ever NCAA tournament - although they've been in this position before and choked, so we'll see.

Wednesday, March 2

America East
7:00 PM - (8) UMBC at (1) Stony Brook [ESPN 3]
7:00 PM - (7) Hartford at (2) Albany [ESPN 3]
7:30 PM - (5) Binghamton at (4) New Hampshire [ESPN 3]
7:30 PM - (6) Maine at (3) Vermont [ESPN 3]

Northeast
7:00 PM - (8) Robert Morris at (1) Wagner [NEC Front Row]
7:00 PM - (6) Long Island at (3) Sacred Heart [NEC Front Row / MSG / FCS-Atlantic]
7:00 PM - (7) St. Francis (PA) at (2) Fairleigh Dickinson [NEC Front Row]
9:00 PM - (5) Mount St. Mary's at (4) St. Francis (NY) [NEC Front Row / MSG / FCS-Atlantic]

Ohio Valley
7:00 PM - (8) Austin Peay at (5) Tennessee Tech [OVC Digital Network]
9:00 PM - (7) Eastern Illinois at (6) Murray State [OVC Digital Network]

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The Big South tournament doesn't start till tomorrow but my confusion cannot wait: why the gently caress did they move it from Myrtle Beach to Buies Creek, NC? Had they actually been to Buies Creek? I mean, they must have, in order to play at Campbell, but I don't know why anyone would want to go there when there's multiple other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I know they moved it from Myrtle Beach as a gently caress you to Coastal Carolina since they are moving to the Sun Belt, but why they would pick Campbell as the replacement, I do not know...

It has no business being played at a "neutral" location anyway tbh.

• Locked thread