Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rooting for UT-Martin because they've never been to the dance and Skyhawks is a dope name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wichita/Loyola is some garbage-rear end basketball so far

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

This is the first year in like four or five that my Dad and I didn't go to the Friday of the MVC tournament, drink and watch a lot of good basketball for not a lot of money.

Looks like we're not missing much thus far.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If High Point wins the conference tournament will John Brown be healthy by the Big Dance?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty sure I could have a higher free-throw percentage than most of these Loyola kids

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

loving Valley being blacked out. No, hang on, let me get in my car and drive the 150 miles to loving Saint Louis to watch Loyola lose.

edit: And High Point is beating the poo poo out of Longwood on the other game.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

If High Point wins the conference tournament will John Brown be healthy by the Big Dance?

I'm not sure they know for sure, but if I had to guess I would say no, which would suck.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/705834177208434688

:(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol Wichita

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wichita is just choking...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The No. 8 KenPom team has a real chance of missing the NCAA Tournament

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Benne posted:

Which is kind of BS considering their early season injuries.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
So I caught just a couple of seconds a buzzer beater college tourney game this morning on ESPN. Didn't know the teams or anything... so I searched buzzer beater to find a video of it... I found it...

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/03/03/louisiana-tech-marshall-halfcourt-buzzerbeater-video

Also found this... high school game with 3 buzzer beaters....

http://nesn.com/2016/03/insane-high-school-game-features-full-court-buzzer-beater-four-ots-video/

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Best team in Kansas

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving Ron Baker. Wichita will probably survive now.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol at Liberty

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SIU-Carbondale and Northern Iowa are tied with 2 minutes to go.

Of course, the year I don't go to Arch Madness the games are good.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If UNI can hold on here, the game against Wichita State should be fantastic. UNI won at Wichita earlier in their year and can beat anyone (or lose to anyone) on any day.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In the CAA, #9 seed Drexel is beating #8 seed Elon 34-21 at halftime. Which might not seem like an upset, but Drexel has a 5-24 record and Elon is 16-15...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
VMI/Samford has become pretty good. Tied at 71 with 3 to go, for the right to get poo poo-kicked by Chattanooga.

E: Headed to OT now, after a series of truly hideous possessions.

Benne fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In D3 news, my alma mater the College of Wooster knocked off undefeated Lancaster Bible in the first round in dominating fashion.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Harvard is beating Princeton by 8 at halftime, which is cool because if that result holds, Yale would just have to win their final game at Columbia to secure the Ivy League championship and their first ever NCAA tournament berth.

Or more likely Yale would lose at Columbia, Princeton would win out, then Princeton would beat Yale in a tiebreaker game and it would suck real bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm no basketball expert but something tells me Rider won't beat Monmouth tonight

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Harvard is beating Princeton by 8 at halftime, which is cool because if that result holds, Yale would just have to win their final game at Columbia to secure the Ivy League championship and their first ever NCAA tournament berth.

Or more likely Yale would lose at Columbia, Princeton would win out, then Princeton would beat Yale in a tiebreaker game and it would suck real bad.

On the other hand, gently caress Yale and the Ivy League

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Metapod posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Yale and the Ivy League

Aren't you an Oklahoma fan? What did the Ivy League ever do to you?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

OctoberBlues posted:

Yale has been but not since 1962, one of the longest active droughts in the country. Columbia hasn't been since 1968.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't know why I said first ever, I researched this extensively last year before they broke my heart and then apparently forgot. v:downs:v

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't know why I said first ever, I researched this extensively last year before they broke my heart and then apparently forgot. v:downs:v

It's not like it's even remotely the same thing it was then; I feel like there should be a line between the first few decades of the thing (especially when it was still competing with the NIT) and the "modern" tournament. Not sure when to draw it though: 1966, with Texas Western beating lily-white Kentucky? 1979, with Magic's Michigan State beating Larry Bird's Indiana State? Jordan in 82? Cardiac Pack in 83? Just dunno.

edit: 1982 has a pretty strong case, first year on CBS plus first year the Selection Show was broadcast live.

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 5, 2016

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

OctoberBlues posted:

no war but the class war? :shrug:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

I root for a naia hbcu called Langston.

Matey posted:

Bingo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Harvard takes it and Yale now just has to win at a Columbia team that struggled mightily at home against Brown tonight.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Austin Peay, given a 1.5% chance of making the OVC championship by kenpom, is tied with Belmont with 8 minutes to go. As always, let's go Peay!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Nashville is lit

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whaaaaaaaaat

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Austin Peay is bringing back great memories of Furman's conference tourney run last year

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Arch Madness is awesome

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Matey posted:

ivy leagues are generally better for the poor than public schools. A whole lot cheaper

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Chanticleers" is way too rad of a name for sorry-rear end Coastal Carolina

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why are UT Martin a 2 seed at 10-6 and Morehead a 3 at 11-5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The OVC gives the division winners the top 2 seeds. Four teams had better records than UT-Martin. Yeah...

• Locked thread