Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bewbies posted:

http://fox4kc.com/2016/03/02/royals-perez-gives-1-million-to-urban-youth-academy-in-kc/

So the day after Salvy gets his big pile of money he turns around and gives a big pile of money to an awesome cause for poor kids in KC. This would have been like...most his salary last year.

That is rad as heck. What a cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

SEVERINO HAS A 33 ERA

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Please, Jiminez has a 162 ERA. Spring training is the best.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

It really is

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i love spring training stats

Park - 3 AB, 9 strikes, 3 K

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Pancakes posted:

Cardinals' C team currently losing 6-1 to FAU. Only other team I know of to lose to a college team in recent memory are the Phillies. Small sample size and all, but I don't like drawing that comparison.

Cards scored 12 in the bottom of the 8th to win 13-6. Spring Training is stupid.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Good Dog posted:

Cards scored 12 in the bottom of the 8th to win 13-6. Spring Training is stupid.

Typical Cards bullshit lol.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Good Dog posted:

At least it was the same guys. It'd have been hilarious but petty as poo poo if Matheny put in Holliday, Piscotty, etc. just to try to eke out a win. Good for Wisdom, though. I like what I've seen of him so far.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I already am enjoying this spring training as I got to listen to Franklin Gutierrez hit a bomb before he turns to dust like that guy in Indiana Jones and th Last Crusade :unsmith:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Armitage posted:

Looks like Cespedes is gonna make a meal out of that hog.

https://twitter.com/adamrubinespn/status/705043292795359233

That'll do piggly, that'll do.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Typical Cards bullshit lol.

Cardinals Bullshit Magic has arrived to spring training in the best shape of its life :woop:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Carlton Banks posted:

Cardinals Bullshit Magic has arrived to spring training in the best shape of its life :woop:

That just means it's going to be sent down to AAA at the start of the season.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

"Yoenis Cespedes' hog has been sent to the butcher, the Post reports."

Bartolo must have really let himself go.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Pro click alert: MLB.com has the entire 1999 ASG available for free for some reason.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/67794252/v194479583/1999-asg-al-defeats-the-nl-41-at-fenway-park/?game_pk=2480

Complete with Kevin Costner field of dreams intro!!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

it wouldn't be officially baseball season without a Brett Anderson injury

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/1067theFan/status/704670604318810112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Rusty Baker posted:

"In baseball, everybody calls each other by their last name, basically. You don't see a guy's first name on the back of his jersey. And in the military -- I was in the Marines for six years -- you address everybody by their last name. So I'm not good at first names. I call my nephews the wrong names sometimes.

I know the guy's name. I don't know why I called him 'Royce.' Most of us have nicknames, plus I call some of them 'Junior,' I call some of them 'Dude.' They know who I'm talking to. And so Bryce, he called me 'Rusty.' So it's no big deal. My wife goes, 'Why don't you just call him Harp?' I'm like, 'Baby, I don't know if he likes to go by Harp or not. You can't just call a guy some name.'"

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Manager's decisions have levels more complex and deeper than I imagined.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Dusty Baker will lead the Nationals to their best season of all time despite not knowing anyone's names.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dusty Baker starting that sentence with baby only made me think of one thing

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Spoeank posted:

Dusty Baker starting that sentence with baby only made me think of one thing

Now he's going to start calling Strasburg "Stu".

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I would be ok with the Nats putting the player's first name on the back of their jersey. You know, like Ichiro. Alternatively, their nickname, like Royce or Stu.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It's cool that the are incompetently run and continue to lay the groundwork to have the best player in the NL leave the minute he's a free agent.

Maybe they can put some more lovely stuff on Half Street while they're at it.

(Except the brewery. That place is good.)

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

The Nats are the standard for organizational competence in DC sports. Make of that what you will.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone have any issues with mlb.tv where if you're watching a recorded game it'll hang up and just go back to the very beginning?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bruce Kison posted:

"Yoenis Cespedes' hog has been sent to the butcher, the Post reports."

Bartolo must have really let himself go.

Didn't he intend on keeping it and letting it live "the lifestyle of the champion it is" or something? The BBQ must really run thick in his veins.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Carter Capps is headed to see Dr. Andrews, so let's just get the :rip: out of the way now

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Anyone have any issues with mlb.tv where if you're watching a recorded game it'll hang up and just go back to the very beginning?

For like 4 years, yes. Its kind of a new Spring Training ritual, figuring out which bugs mlb.tv didn't fix this season. The answer is usually all of them.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Carter Capps is headed to see Dr. Andrews, so let's just get the :rip: out of the way now

It begins, someone fire up the gif for 2016

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Curt Schilling has some thoughts on the election that he would like to share with the group.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 3, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Bumming Your Scene posted:

For like 4 years, yes. Its kind of a new Spring Training ritual, figuring out which bugs mlb.tv didn't fix this season. The answer is usually all of them.

I feel like I'm going insane

It works on a roku though for whatever reason

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
And Brett Anderson is out 3-5 months with back surgery. Not exactly shocking, but still.

:rip:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Lol so much for all that depth at SP

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

FairGame posted:

It's cool that the are incompetently run and continue to lay the groundwork to have the best player in the NL leave the minute he's a free agent.

Maybe they can put some more lovely stuff on Half Street while they're at it.

(Except the brewery. That place is good.)

They're opening a barbeque place and a huge beer garden next to stadium this year. Food options are pretty lovely down there but I don't care because I can just metro back home to get food

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Lol so much for all that depth at SP
Maybe we'll get to see Urias and De Leon this year after all!

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Yep. Turn off adblock...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Didn't he intend on keeping it and letting it live "the lifestyle of the champion it is" or something? The BBQ must really run thick in his veins.

Apparently there's a law in Florida where animals purchased at auction can't be kept as pets or something.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Miami has the bleakest food situation outside the park that I've seen- we have a Subway wedged between a bunch of empty retail spaces. There is a sports bar a couple blocks away, but I've never met anyone who's been there.

otoh, Loria is gonna be the wild card who offers Harper $45m/yr with Stanton as their new NL/DH, so that's cool

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N: A-Rod hit a 2-run homer in his first AB of the year.

V:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Pancakes posted:

At least it was the same guys. It'd have been hilarious but petty as poo poo if Matheny put in Holliday, Piscotty, etc. just to try to eke out a win. Good for Wisdom, though. I like what I've seen of him so far.

Pat wisdom was my favorite guy here at the AA affiliate after the X Man got called up to Memphis. He's got a good baseball name imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/LOLKNBR/status/705436632728498176

• Locked thread