Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have mlb.tv and even though I can't use a VPN at work, radio broadcasts through it aren't region restricted so I can listen to the Twins :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My work at odd intervals will temporarily disable high video traffic websites like mlb.com so I won't be able to watch it on mlb.tv. Radio is probably my best option, but I can at least have gameday up :unsmith:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Moneyball posted:

Looking at the perfect games list and seeing the team for which the first perfect game was pitched, I am officially petitioning Major League Baseball to change the Boston Red Sox to the Worcester Ruby Legs

Better, they were also known as the Worcester Worcesters.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tony Phillips posted:

Better, they were also known as the Worcester Worcesters.

Are they pronounced the same or was it some in-joke like they are the "Woo-ster War-chesters"?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

quote:

Apparently annoyed that his health scare was mocked and turned into bathroom humor on the back pages and in the headlines back in New York, Mets Opening Day starter Matt Harvey declined to speak to the media after pitching on Wednesday.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dude was probably pissing blood and pretty freaked out. Don't blame him for not thinking it was as funny as the headline writers at the Daily News did.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
matt harvey seems like a giant unfun baby

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Friday's headline: Harvey Pissed

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are they pronounced the same or was it some in-joke like they are the "Woo-ster War-chesters"?

No idea, but I really hope it was "Wooster Woosters"

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Poque posted:

On the other hand, blood clots in his bladder.

Moneyball posted:

But this is good.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Poque posted:

As a Mets fan, I agree.

I'll take his arm any day though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Moneyball posted:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Well yeah it is funny, but it just may create some awareness. Hell, I didn't know from haemorrhoids until 1980 and Kansas City

some haemorrhoid site posted:

In the 1980 World Series between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Kansas City Royals, George Brett was forced to leave the field during the sixth inning of Game Two due to experiencing extreme haemorrhoid pain.

Following the World Series, Brett was famously quoted, “My problems are all behind me!” when asked to comment on his haemorrhoid surgery. Brett says that afterward from October 1980 up until the time his infamous pine-tar incident occurred in July 1983, he was known as “The Haemorrhoids Guy.” Every time he stepped up to bat in a different city, Brett would hear players joking about haemorrhoids, which Brett eventually made the most of by agreeing to advertise for popular haemorrhoid treatment Preparation H.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

the popes toes posted:

Well yeah it is funny, but it just may create some awareness. Hell, I didn't know from haemorrhoids until 1980 and Kansas City

All those jokes had to be a huge pain in the rear end.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Dave Cameron has been tepidly hyping Odor within the last week and I feel weird and gross about it. Please go back to naysaying, Dave

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Dave Cameron has been tepidly hyping Odor within the last week and I feel weird and gross about it. Please go back to naysaying, Dave

The more important question here is why are you reading Dave Cameron's opinions?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

seiferguy posted:

The more important question here is why are you reading Dave Cameron's opinions?

The only reason to read Dave Cameron opinions are to contrast them with Jeff Sullivan's much better opinions later on.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

seiferguy posted:

40% deliberate schadenfreude, 60% not checking the byline before I click on Fangraphs articles

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I STILL don't get Root Sports Southwest. YEAR 4 BEGINS WEDNESDAY.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Ruben Tejada strained his quad in the final game of Spring Training. Hope everyone's ready for the Gyorko/Garcia experience!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rangers trying to pry one of the back-end Cleveland starters, allegedly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AA is for Quitters posted:

As a Mets fan, I agree.

I'll take his arm any day though.

the NY media has stirred poo poo regarding Harvey for loving years, I'm honestly surprised he even still talks to them at all. this is the same gluttony of people that pretty much poo poo on RA Dickey as he left the team.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm not going to get mad at a newspaper for making light of someone getting hurt holding their pee in too long.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Our top 10 list of things you need to know about Harvey's bladder

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Popete posted:

only on bladderreport.com

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Popete posted:

Hold on for number 1!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

^^^^drat IT

Popete posted:

You won't believe number one.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxX_b-bZLIQ

V: :allears: doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm...really excited going into an Astros season and I don't know how to react. Help!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Kirios posted:

I'm...really excited going into an Astros season and I don't know how to react. Help!

The end of the season will be comparable to the end of Marley & Me :ssh:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Hyun Soo-Kim has refused a minor league assignment by the Orioles and the only options Baltimore has are to fit him on the 25-man or release him and eat his $7m/2y contract.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CubsWoo posted:

Hyun Soo-Kim has refused a minor league assignment by the Orioles and the only options Baltimore has are to fit him on the 25-man or release him and eat his $7m/2y contract.
I think they're going to have to eat it at this point...isn't the roster basically set now? I don't see them adding him.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think they're going to have to eat it at this point...isn't the roster basically set now? I don't see them adding him.

They could also see if a Korean team wants to pick him up to help mitigate the salary dump but Soo-Kim seems adamant on staying in North America so they're probably eating the contract. I think rosters have to be finalized by Sunday at noon.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

CubsWoo posted:

Kim for Pablo Sandoval. Make it happen

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

CubsWoo posted:

45 PAs.

Forty-Five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Is it too late for him to fail his physical?

• Locked thread