Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Pancakes posted:

Cardinals' C team currently losing 6-1 to FAU. Only other team I know of to lose to a college team in recent memory are the Phillies. Small sample size and all, but I don't like drawing that comparison.

Cards scored 12 in the bottom of the 8th to win 13-6. Spring Training is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

They've used multiple "Hank"s already, duh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/conspiracy-theory--did-the-brewers-replace-hank-with-a-new-dog-000722332.html

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I don't want to get carried away but all the reports so far are saying Profar's arm is looking pretty good at SS

Meanwhile Simmons is sidelined with arm soreness. Cooooool

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
The pitcherlist thing for Jered Weaver is loving depressing me man. Every pitch looks pretty flat and straight and no velocity at all.

Garrett Richards though... Read he hit 100/99 a couple of times in his last start.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Ross Angeles posted:

Saw that Jerry Weaver's fastball topped out at 80mph.

So that's a thing

Just a little spring training "dead arm period" nothing to worry about :shepface:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Tony Phillips posted:

I am avoiding work. These guys are avoiding tags.

(All from the non Josh Harrison division.)

That Werth one is great.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/707995103306981376

I don't know what will come of this but the Angels can't afford to start Weaver every 5 days so he can get shelled for 4 innings. They've got enough pitching depth where he could realistically be the Angels 8th best option as a starter.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
It'd be cool if the Angels had one in vietnamese, considering how big Little Saigon is in Orange County. I guess there isn't much baseball in Asia outside of Korea/Japan?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Ross Angeles posted:

As a casual baseball fan, what should I expect from the Angels this year other than really slow Jered Weaver fastballs?

At least there are no prospects we need to rely on performing well. Not a single prospect whatsoever.

I'd pencil them in for right around .500, they won 85 last year with basically the same club, maybe a bit better this year assuming that left field OPS's above .600 or whatever they did last year as a group. The Angels were atrocious in August going 10-19, but otherwise played above .500 every other month with a very good September so who knows.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The obvious problem with the Angels is they're so thin that a couple of injuries could completely torpedo an already iffy roster. They already fired their last real bullet acquiring Simmons

Like in all of baseball?

Absolutely. They had a bit of depth at SP that is already getting thinner with Weaver being old and busted and Wilson starting the year on the DL. Position players wise the depth charts get very thin on talent, basically 1 deep plus Cliff Pennington at every position.

Last year Freese got hurt and missed all of August after getting hit by a pitch, and when he came back they were a completely different team. He obviously didn't make that big a difference but the turnaround was instant when he went down and when he came back up.

Also Sherman Johnson is the truth and Roberto Baldoquin is a "completely changed" player so add those guys to the depth chart.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Imagine how loving cool Mike Trout would be if his personality was even 10% as exciting as his play on the field.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

FakePoet posted:

If you told me Mike Trout was J.J. Watt (or vice versa), I don't know that I could make a compelling rebuttal.

Both are amazing, boring dudes.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Angels spent all this time and effort planning on sending guys to go play in Salt Lake City against the Bees and the game gets canceled due to snow.

Job well done.

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 22, 2016

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

He can do anything. :allears:

Except be on a good team. :smith:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Who the gently caress is going to play 1st base?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Spring training stats have informed me that every Angel but Pujols is going to hit over .300, who will hit 50+ home runs instead.

Also our starters will combine for like a 6+ ERA.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Did the old Phillies unis not have buttons? Baseball uniforms need buttons. Otherwise good.

Also MLB has come to an agreement with Apple that will allow players and coaches to use iPads in the dugout to get scouting information or whatever they want to use it for, if they want to use them at all. Also to favorite their favorite "Best Booty" collections on twitter.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Abel Wingnut posted:

what song did rizzo cover? can't watch at work

One of the worst songs of all time

Drops of Jupiter by Train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
It doesn't matter in the sense he'll start on the DL. It does matter in the sense that he can continue throwing bullpens (or at least resume throwing sooner) and keep his arm strong which should help reduce how long he spends on the DL.

• Locked thread