Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/MattDunnSNY/status/704653532260147201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Sign that loving man to a multi year deal and I'll be a mets fan

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chapman suspended 30 games

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

tadashi posted:

I know he'll appeal it (as everyone always does) but I'm glad to see MLB is actually not a horrible moster when it comes to domestic abuse.

He's not.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

"welp" ¯\_(ツ)_}

loving :lol:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

SEVERINO HAS A 33 ERA

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

It really is

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone have any issues with mlb.tv where if you're watching a recorded game it'll hang up and just go back to the very beginning?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Bumming Your Scene posted:

For like 4 years, yes. Its kind of a new Spring Training ritual, figuring out which bugs mlb.tv didn't fix this season. The answer is usually all of them.

I feel like I'm going insane

It works on a roku though for whatever reason

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pingiivi posted:

Yep. Turn off adblock...

That doesn't work, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining that much.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

How about changing your av to the devil, fg

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I definitely want a Mets av, but the Mets aren't nearly as photogenic as the Giants so it's hard. :smith:

Jacob DeGrom, fat Matt Harvey, yoenis and his roasted pig

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

CC threw 86 today

On his fastball

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

N: the Twins are now 0-1 in Spring Training games I attend.

V: I still had fun and took some cool pictures.

well post the pics

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I am on my phone in florida and my computer is at home in minnesota, it took me like five minutes to post the last one so you'll have to wait until I get home sorry!

Stalking time

How long will you be in fl

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Bryce Harper is good posted:

“Baseball’s tired,” he says. “It’s a tired sport, because you can’t express yourself. You can’t do what people in other sports do. I’m not saying baseball is, you know, boring or anything like that, but it’s the excitement of the young guys who are coming into the game now who have flair. If that’s Matt Harvey or Jacob deGrom or Manny Machado or Joc Pederson or Andrew McCutchen or Yasiel Puig — there’s so many guys in the game now who are so much fun.

“Jose Fernandez is a great example. Jose Fernandez will strike you out and stare you down into the dugout and pump his fist. And if you hit a homer and pimp it? He doesn’t care. Because you got him. That’s part of the game. It’s not the old feeling — hoorah ... if you pimp a homer, I’m going to hit you right in the teeth. No. If a guy pimps a homer for a game-winning shot ... I mean — sorry.”

He stops, looks around. The hell with it, he’s all in.

“If a guy pumps his fist at me on the mound, I’m going to go, ‘Yeah, you got me. Good for you. Hopefully I get you next time.’ That’s what makes the game fun. You want kids to play the game, right? What are kids playing these days? Football, basketball. Look at those players — Steph Curry, LeBron James. It’s exciting to see those players in those sports. Cam Newton — I love the way Cam goes about it. He smiles, he laughs. It’s that flair. The dramatic.”

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14935765/washington-nationals-bryce-harper-wants-change-baseball-forever

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Although you can say or do a lot in Baseball and not get fined, just complained at

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

ego symphonic posted:

I really wanted to like this article because Bryce owns, but it's hard to get past how overwritten this piece is. Like really:

That's just horrible. It barely even makes sense.

It's really bad but Bryce Harpington is good

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Who is dead now rip

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Jon Singleton has struck out 9 times in 20 spring at-bats and is slashing .100/.100/.300

Our first baseman to start the year :toot:

(sample size sample size yes I know but career he's already below the Mendoza line)

Who's the not aj reed player who's hitting right now

He seems solid

Edit: Tyler white

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 12, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Tyler White's been tearing up the spring and slashed .325/.442/.496 across AA and AAA last year

I wouldn't mind having him man first base if the Astros want to hold off Reed's arb clock. He's not considered anywhere near the prospect Reed is though

Seems like you're better off with him than Singleton no, maybe platoon them

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The Marlins one owns

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

http://deadspin.com/we-must-solve-the-mystery-of-barry-bonds-and-the-dinger-1765474576

Oh my god

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/shaquille-oneall-investment-nrg-esports/

SHAQ AND AROD BOUGHT A LEAGUE OF LEGENDS TEAM

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress sabathia looks bad

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

maddon on cubs' dress code: 'if you think you look hot, wear it'

i love this loving team

God drat do I love that man

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

I hope YES gives him a job in the booth.

Put him on fox and kick Joe Buck

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Not enough games.

He deserves to be in every household in America

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

The White House, Washington
I remember my dream of becoming a professional MLB player, to represent my people and to help those I love through this game. Being born in a country where baseball is the national pastime gave me the foundation to become the person and the player I am today.

At 26 years of age, I made a decision to leave my Cuba.

Not knowing what the outcome would be, I, along with a few members of my family, floated away in a small cramped boat for more than 12 hours before reaching Haiti. The waters were rough, the night was scary, and the sun was unforgiving.

I remember looking back as we drifted away, leaving behind my life, my family, my friends, and my two-year-old son. I could feel my heart pounding harder and harder as we got further away. I knew that even if I made it to my destination safely, I didn't know if I would be able to ever return.

It was the hardest decision I have had to make but it was exactly what needed to happen. I couldn't have imagined how blessed my life was going to be after I left; how my dream of becoming a professional player in the Major Leagues would become a reality, as well as becoming a symbol of pride for my people.

Yet, I lived not knowing if or when I would be able to see my family or be able to go back.

I was so blessed to return to my homeland last year as part of the Baseball Goodwill Tour thanks to the efforts of Major League Baseball, the MLB Players Association, President Obama, and the Cuban government.

That empty dark part of my heart was suddenly filled with joy and great appreciation.

I treasured every minute I spent with my family, the future heroes of the game, and the beautiful faces of my fans in Cuba. I cried tears of happiness while holding my son and left happy knowing that soon we'll be able to play baseball without boundaries. And thank God, that's exactly how all of my dreams are coming true.

José D. Abreu
@79Joseabreu

P.S. Yesterday, for the first time in 17 years, an MLB team played the Cuban national team in an exhibition game in Havana.

You can read President Obama's reflections on what this small step means for relations between our two

Abreu owns

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

:lol: MadBum and Heyward almost got in a fight in Spring loving Training

MadBum is a helluva a pitcher but he's such a baby.

Edit: Apparently Fowler was communicating signs from second to Heyward and Heyward was acknowledging Fowler about them being on the wrong page and MadBum thought he was talking poo poo to MadBum.

What the gently caress

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The Astros are a team everyone should root for right now, tia

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Who the gently caress cares why would you do that

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

davecrazy posted:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/new-york-yankees-new-york-mets-revenue-sharing-collective-bargaining-032516

lol, what a loving douche.

Don't want to pay the lux tax? Spend less money on players you loving walking sphincter.

How about you cheap fucks spend more money on players instead of going woe is us, lovely garbotrash met fan supporter who hates your best loving pitcher

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Has anybody confirmed Dave is still alive?

Montero was the second coming of Jorge Posada until he...wasn't.

He's probably jumping for joy

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/714543498079444992
https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/714550265748258816

Foregone conclusion at this point with Singleton and Reed being sent down, but still

:toot: :woop: :toot:

Awww

Good job making it to the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

zakharov posted:

they're literally meaningless

There is a slight correlation between k rate and walk rate for pitchers!

• Locked thread