Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zakharov posted:

The dirty secret is that spring training games are actually extremely boring to sit through, especially after the starters check out. Maybe it was different Back In The Day but I've never experienced that.

you are mistaking us for Dodger fans.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
N: The Rays are scheduled to play a game against the Cuban National Team in Cuba on March 22.

V: Thanks, Obama!

Seriously though that is rad as gently caress and I'm so glad for the baseball implications of the lifting of our Cuban restrictions.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

the popes toes posted:

Hey guys, apparently Puig is "putting in the work" and "saying the right things".

And it's news.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-yasiel-puig-hernandez-20160301-story.html

but what shape is he in?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bewbies posted:

http://fox4kc.com/2016/03/02/royals-perez-gives-1-million-to-urban-youth-academy-in-kc/

So the day after Salvy gets his big pile of money he turns around and gives a big pile of money to an awesome cause for poor kids in KC. This would have been like...most his salary last year.

That is rad as heck. What a cool guy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
you can never trust the Brewers, those slimy garbage shits

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

I've still got my stockpile of salty Cubs fans' posts in the NLDS game 1 thread decrying Lackey and Heyward. Gonna have some fun with those come the regular season.

I wanna bust out the posts from the NL wild card game every time a pitch gets away from a Pirates pitcher

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
he would look so bad in red, much like all baseball players

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

That worked out extremely well for first base coach Ruben Amaro Jr.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
On the flip side of Bryce Harper, there's Goose Gossage

N: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14943065/goose-gossage-rips-jose-bautista-toronto-blue-jays-nerds-ruining-baseball

quote:

"It is a joke," Gossage said. "The game is becoming a freaking joke because of the nerds who are running it.

"I'll tell you what has happened, these guys played rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the f--- they went and they thought they figured the f---ing game out. They don't know s---."

V:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Seriously, that owns.

I can see people getting mad about "Asian Heritage Night" only featuring Japanese and Korean writing though.

Orioles spurned again.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey Poque how come you've never read Tanaka's wiki page? Hmmmm?

insert joke about chris coghlan's kill-bill list here

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Geoff Peterson posted:

The team is probably your best bet for this. Looks like the Blue Jays email format is first.last@bluejays.com...I'd send an email with basically what you just posted to someone in the promotions/giveaway department (check the website) along with the picture and ask them when it was from. Some teams really geek out about items from their history (Yankees, Red Sox, surprisingly the Twins), but at the very least they should be able to tell you when and where it was given away.

Also try tweeting at them, MLB is getting huge about good Twitter interactions with fans

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Abel Wingnut posted:

alex wood forearm tightness death

all Dodgers must die

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

that'll be $125 mr. trump

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I would buy a hat without the words. Just the inexplicable logo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I should be stunned by that article, but Orioles

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The best one is the sweet release of suicide

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

Is anyone going to take a risk on him once Houston lets him go?

:wave:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ross Angeles posted:

As a casual baseball fan, what should I expect from the Angels this year other than really slow Jered Weaver fastballs?

Crippling disappointment

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

seiferguy posted:

Also, Goose isn't quite done with his hot takes:

You forgot the part where he complains that replay makes it so managers can't go out and yell at umpires and kick up dirt anymore (which isn't true anyway?):

quote:

“No manager can run on the field anymore and kick dirt on the umpire. That was exciting. That was part of the game. That woke everybody up and everybody loved it.”

It's not okay to be demonstrably excited about the game but it's okay to be a giant baby so I guess at least he's internally consistent about his racism

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If Jeffrey Loria were sucked into a black hole right now the Marlins would instantly climb 26 spots in the list of best teams and most of that is Lord Barrold

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Good Dog posted:

Both are amazing, boring dudes.

I thought that his shirt said "BUNT GREATNESS" and I was gonna poo poo a fart

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
obvious miss on the cool guy list

https://twitter.com/JArrieta34/status/650799923017945088

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quest For Glory II posted:

e: you would think he wouldn't be computer savvy since he's had so much trouble with pop-ups

:perfect:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ALFbrot posted:

I suspect the rapper Drake is not even aware that Aubrey Huff exists

this is amazing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

New Concept Hole posted:

The Miami Marlins are gonna have Bonds on the bench if this keeps up.

suddenly I could be convinced of the DH in the NL

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

shadok posted:

PS. Gibbie says players' kids will always be welcome in the Jays clubhouse.

What if the kid is adopted?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

shadok posted:

I dunno if they have a policy. But Chris Colabello's adorable puppy is definitely allowed.

it was a shea hillenbrand joke but that dog owns

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

xbilkis posted:

Statement from LaRoche on the kid thing. To his credit, he doesn't really paint himself as a victim here.

Based on this part, I'm imagining a conversation like this after a couple of players or coaches complained about the kid always being around:

Williams: Hey, just so you know, we want you to bring your kid around less
LaRoche: My kid is the most important thing in the world to me. I don't know if I can keep playing if I can't spend the same amount of time with him!
Williams: Okay, cool, your kid is banned forever then

this is hilarious and would not surprise me a single bit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Senf posted:

Well obviously his son is destined to play professional baseball, so he doesn't need schooling.

Drake LaRoche is just another one of those names like Danny Almonte or Darren Baker that we thought would be worth remembering in the future

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so Chris Sale is the one who secretly complained about the kid right

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Retail Slave posted:

How does that poo poo-rear end franchise have 2 WS titles?

a long time ago, in 2003,

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

holy loving poo poo Pablo

these new mlb protections just look so ridiculous

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Angel Hernandez is one of the umps. Can we leave him there?

this is how the cold war reignites

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
#notallfisters

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

Here's King James wondering wtf

King James is wearing a denim shirt so let's not get too high and mighty

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
looks like a fossilized turd

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

will_colorado posted:

The Dbacks are trying to get out of their lease for Chase Field

http://arizonasports.com/story/604829/report-diamondbacks-seek-to-end-chase-field-lease/

wtf, that stadium isn't even 20 years old yet?

"Our stadium is dirty, buy us a new one"

braves.txt nl_east.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi if anyone else is at Sloan Park for today's Cubs/Hitlers game come find the goons in the LF lawn, bless

• Locked thread