Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Hey guys, apparently Puig is "putting in the work" and "saying the right things".

And it's news.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-yasiel-puig-hernandez-20160301-story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Manager's decisions have levels more complex and deeper than I imagined.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I would be ok with the Nats putting the player's first name on the back of their jersey. You know, like Ichiro. Alternatively, their nickname, like Royce or Stu.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Have a little tiny baby Jeff Kent hanging on to his ankle

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

will_colorado posted:

Have a little tiny baby Rich Aurilia hanging on to his ankle

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If you tried to build a team with absolutely no strengths except for solo dingers, you likely couldn't best what the O's have done this off-season.

You want a three true outcomes team, this is it. Welcome to Birdland. Except for you Dexter Fowler, you toilet bug.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If both NL teams agreed, say 5 minutes before the game started, to go with the DH, the rules allow it. I want this to happen just once.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Most respected statistical analysis clearly indicates that poor spring training outcomes continue as cascading failures during the season. Orioles and Cubs you can stop playing now.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I wish that site had relievers too. I wanna just watch a Mariano cutter forever in a high-quality gif.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/29/magazine/rivera-pitches.html?_r=0

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Kenny needs to convene a gallon of milk chugging challenge the baseball way. If the kid keeps it down, he can stay.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Big Papi posted:

“This game is competition. This ain’t no baby-sitting. There ain’t no crying. When somebody strikes me out, I’m not up there crying, like, ‘Boo-hoo . . . this guy’ . . . No, no, no. There’s none of that. There’s no babysitting in baseball.
Mollycoddles had better stay out. And leave the pink tea at home.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/03/20/david-ortiz-wants-bat-flip-haters-shut/z4tfo2Rz5j8MMxpNvjc9MP/story.html

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Its always reasonable to suspect the Cubs of being up to no good. I'm no NL expert but I did stay in a hotel in St. Louis once.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Orioles are not sure what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Well yeah it is funny, but it just may create some awareness. Hell, I didn't know from haemorrhoids until 1980 and Kansas City

some haemorrhoid site posted:

In the 1980 World Series between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Kansas City Royals, George Brett was forced to leave the field during the sixth inning of Game Two due to experiencing extreme haemorrhoid pain.

Following the World Series, Brett was famously quoted, “My problems are all behind me!” when asked to comment on his haemorrhoid surgery. Brett says that afterward from October 1980 up until the time his infamous pine-tar incident occurred in July 1983, he was known as “The Haemorrhoids Guy.” Every time he stepped up to bat in a different city, Brett would hear players joking about haemorrhoids, which Brett eventually made the most of by agreeing to advertise for popular haemorrhoid treatment Preparation H.

• Locked thread