Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Like Clockwork posted:

We don't need his dirty stalker money. :colbert:

Not an emptyquote because goddamn I forgot how skeezy Lucas came off in this game. I remembered Mist's... Mist-ness but nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brerose
Jun 10, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Sell it. Let a stalker someone else make Rosetta happy, since we clearly aren't going to.

Seconding.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
GIVE THE STONE TO JASPER

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Sell it. Our only true love is cold hard cash.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Keep it, especially since Lukas is coming off as a real creep. :colbert:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Keep it, because selling it would be too helpful and convenient, and that's not how Rune Factory rolls.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Sell it by throwing it in the shipping bin (this does nothing, but you can show off the lost and found!).

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

GIVE THE STONE TO JASPER

Seconded.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Be a mensch and give it to Rosetta. because you have it and she wants it and you can both complete a sidequest and condemn Lukas's creepy rear end to be #ForeverAlone.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
The real question here is this: "Is keeping Lukas's creepy stalker rear end firmly in the friendzone worth 100k?"

The answer? No. I would pay the 1 million.

No sale

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Throw the stupid thing in the lake surrounding Misty Bloom.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Throw the stupid thing in the lake surrounding Misty Bloom.

He'd probably just throw it over the "lake". That makes everyone's problems worse and isn't even all that fulfilling.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Sell it. Even though money is easy to get in this game that doesn't mean we don't want more of it!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Don't sell, let's not encourage the creeper for money we don't need.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Don't sell: this guy seems *really* creepy, so the less we see of him, the better.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Lukas is not a true Romantic if he dares put a price on love.
If he REALLY wanted to marry Rosetta, he'd drag his noodle-armed rear end up the mountain and through the lava caves teeming with bloodthirsty monsters and mine for diamonds and crystals LIKE DONNEL does for Ghost Waifu.

Do whatever you want with the stone but DON'T SELL to the candy rear end who will forever be banished to the friend stalker zone

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Sell it, because we want to see just how far into stalker territory this train wreck of a man will go.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Update 33: An Eventful Harvest

Last time:

: What about you, Donnel? What’s it going to be? Loyalty to 100k Gold, or loyalty to me?

The votes are in, and tallied we have:

Give To Jasper: 2
Dispose Of Dumb Rock: 2
Sell: 5
Keep/Give to Rosetta: 10

Donnel’s loyalty to that lady who works at PARTS cannot be bought, poetry fiend.

Well, time to go home, then.

Ivan’s here, and he’s ready to tutorialize.

: This is a kitchen. Press the A Button here to prepare a meal. What kind of meals can you make with different foods? Try out varied combinations. Russell in the library has a recipe book for sale (he has like fuckin’ 20 of them). You can just read it too.

Bye, Ivan.

So, our kitchen right now is...just this. We can buy a few small items, like the Blender, but I was dumb and didn’t get the small kitchen until now. For larger items, like the Oven, I’ll need to upgrade to a Large from Ivan.

Here’s the Cooking menu, it looks just like any other crafting menu in this game.

On the top screen we have the Success chance for the recipe, that will go up with Cooking skill level. There’s also the recipe itself, Salad, for example, is a huge pain in the rear end, because it requires four different crops, which is more trouble than it’s worth, especially because you can buy it from Emmett.

The bottom screen has your list of recipes, and the recommended skill level. If you’re below that level, there’s a chance at failure. This is how literally every crafting mechanic in the game works. Cooking has one minor difference in that you need both recipe books and the correct utensils, whereas everything else is just an all-in-one package. Our recipe list will get much larger for Cooking when Ivan starts selling the utensils again.

Ice Cream looks interesting. Only a 37% chance of success, but I’m feeling lucky. (Those other two recipes are for the Medium and Large versions of the Eggs and Milk.)

Thankfully, Fried and HiMoo are happy to provide.

Let’s give this a shot.

Balls. If you mess up, you get this trash item.

You still get Cooking Skill points for a mistake, thankfully. And there’s a local garbage chute.

Speaking of that, Rosetta’s not home right now, so I can’t give her the Stone.

Jean is though. He has fascinating commentary for us.

So if you remember, Jean also asked to see the White Stone if we found it. Well…

It doesn’t actually do anything and you lose it. I saved before doing this, but don’t do it. Rosetta’s sidequest is fraught with these perils for some reason. Rune Factory 1.

Since it is Fall now, the scenery has changed, and I wanted to show it off a bit. This is outside Toros.

Tabatha’s also hanging out on this lilypad on Holiday afternoons.

This place is still a horrible place.

Uh…

You don’t even get a dialogue option. :v:

Alright, now to actually give Rosetta her stone.

DONNEL IT IS LITERALLY IN YOUR POCKETS.

...oh. Well, uh, I guess you can’t give Rosetta the Stone unless you’re going to marry her. Well then. So, we can’t sell it now, Lukas isn’t in the pub anymore...so…

RENDERUNTO JASPER

...I dropped it on the ground in front of him. Welp.

But wait, there’s a mechanic! It was suggested I try this too, so this was totally on purpose. Definitely.

This box is on the left side of Godwin’s house, in the top corner of the first floor.

This will give you your important items back if you accidentally drop them on the ground. I appreciate the safety net, but I wish they had just made it less wonky to just GIVE people things.

Anyway, the tribute is complete.

Here’s one annoying thing about petting your monsters, the Brushing animation takes about 4 seconds. If one of them (SHAUN) decides to randomly wander out of reach while you’re brushing...you just have to wait for it to end and try again. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

That’s enough for now, though. I mostly just slept away days to hurry that house upgrade along.

Oh, I also forgot to show this off.

The fridge I bought from Ivan can store food items, unlike the shelf. If you try to put a non-food item in, the whole of reality briefly rearranges itself, just to tell you that you really hosed up. (It’s just a screen flicker effect)

I got two tornados waiting here.

Another obnoxious thing about brushing (I promise there will be real content soon) is that sometimes your animals like to wander and fuse into this horrible amalgam of poo poo. I can’t tell what I’m brushing here, it’s either a cow head or a chicken butt.

I’m glad we didn’t sell him our Stone.

Level 19 is I think the highest I’ve seen so far on any item. Sadly it was on an Iron, so it does not matter. If this had popped on a Ruby or Diamond though…

Also, got our Hoe back.

Finally, it’s a very special day. It’s the Harvest Festival, but that’s not what I’m talking about.

I’m talking about our now finished House Expansion! :toot:

That desk to the left is for the Pharmacy, which lets us create medical items. The first few levels are just the dull stuff we can already buy from Edward, and some Elements, which are permanent upgrades to your attack and defense with each element.

Later on are ridiculous things like permanent stat boosts and the INVINCIROID, which is like Medication on crack, as it restores 500 HP and 60 RP in addition to the status heals. It’s really good. But 90 Skill is a bit...insane. So you probably won’t ever see me make one of these.

I think if you made a ton of Intelligence boosts here, you might be able to make magic less completely useless, but it still sounds like a waste to me.

Up here is the Forge. That hammer on the left gives you access to this next menu.

Forging lets you create weapons and shields. This is why I was stockpiling all that ore. Keep in mind that you’ll need to buy base materials for a lot of these from Leo, as you can’t, for example, craft a Broadsword. It’s complete chump change now, though.

You can get some good weapons pretty quick, already at skill 20~ we’re seeing better stuff than anything Leo sells. Forging is probably the most useful crafting skill.

This is also where you can get your tools to their final tiers that Leo can’t access.

There are some weapons with properly silly names too, such as the HEAVEN ASUNDER.

Also, the famed hammer of Thor, God Of Thunder, the...uh. Myurnil.

Easily missed is this final crafting station on the right.

This one’s for Decoration. These are the accessories, in case you forgot. I’d understand. This is also where you can finally upgrade the Sleeping Bag.

So there’s a ton of crafting and stuff in this game, but it is all locked to you until you finish the house grind. Like I’ve said, some of the design decisions in this game are kinda baffling.

But hey, it’s time for the Harvest Festival!

Everyone has something to say, like usual, but it’s all pretty much the same. They like the Harvest.

Tabatha, that could literally get you killed.

I’m glad we continue to fuel Jasper’s addiction. I hope he didn’t eat the White Stone.

Be careful, buddy.

The actual “goal” of the Harvest Festival is a bit more obtuse than most, but it’s that everyone’s FP will get a boost if you give them a crop you grew today.

You’ve served us well, Toros Cave.

And yes, you do have to separate the stacks in your inventory if you dont want to just dump all your hard earned crops on one random person.

I won’t make you sit through 18 screenshots of me handing people crops, I got the highlights, and just assume I gave them to pretty much everyone but Lukas and the children.

They do have special dialogue, but it’s just about all “Thanks for the EGGPLANT, I love HARVEST FESTIVAL”.

I love that a(n) every single time.

Oh, Ivan’s here, but he’s just selling the machines we already have.

Melody is a skilled entrepreneur.

However, there is one person who doesn’t share in the Harvest joy...

Sharron does not give a single gently caress about the Harvest Festival, or this Eggplant.

She is, however, ready to marry us. She won’t until we get a Double Bed though. So...about 3 weeks on that.

As a final note, our Monsters now like us enough to produce the Medium versions of their items!

C’mon, Ice Cream.

poo poo.

Later, everybody.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Wherefore means whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :argh:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Sharron does not give a single gently caress about the Harvest Festival, or this Eggplant.
See, she's a perfect fit: she cares just as little about crops and growing them as you do!

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

theshim posted:

Wherefore means whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :argh:

Lukas is literally the worst at all things, including his own job.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:allears:

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

There are some weapons with properly silly names too, such as the HEAVEN ASUNDER.

Hey now, this is the sword I ran with through most of Rune Factory: Frontier because that crafting mechanic is broken if you get your timing right. Little kid me thought the name was rad as hell, and I cheesed most of the early bosses with it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes, but can we craft the WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
To be fair to Myolnir, that's about as close to Mjölnir as Japanese can get and is far from the greatest sin that the Japanese have committed against the Norse faith

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I remember in Rune Factory 3 the Flops actually had a purpose. You could throw them at enemies and they'd get damaged :allears:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

I don't know which is better, the fact that the game just lets you permanently lose such an important item, or that the reaction is simultanously so enthusiastic and also so utterly nonresponsive.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BlackPersona posted:

I remember in Rune Factory 3 the Flops actually had a purpose. You could throw them at enemies and they'd get damaged :allears:

Also one bachelorette really liked them. Of course her gimmick was really annoying to me but if you liked it then she was easy to please.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Pretty sure that "Heaven Asunder" is a translation of the Ame-no-Murakumo sword, which would explain the mixing of elements of ice, water, and wind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusanagi

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 34: Forge Onward

Here’s an update that’s very heavy on the crafting mechanics. If that doesn’t sound interesting to you, you won’t miss much by skipping this one. Donnel does go on his first date at the end, though.

We start off today like many others, with more wood chopping. I still need that poo poo for monster huts, although there is, thankfully, no second house grind.

I might still have been a little upset.

So the next day Donnel gets back to something I haven’t done in ages, Fishing! Mining is a ridiculously better moneymaker, but we’ll have recipes for fish soon, and you can’t eat rocks. At least not without effort.

Remember back when this was Donnel’s primary income? That sucked.

Anyway, I can just dump them in the fridge for now. Thankfully nothing ever actually “spoils” in this world.

Can’t do much Cooking yet, but there is another thing I want to try.

And to do it, I’ll need to grab some ingredients from Leo.

I bought 10 of these Broadswords. One annoying thing about this is that they don’t stack, so you have to buy them one at a time.

Grabbed about 5-6 shields as well. This was even worse because you have to scroll further down the list, and it resets each time. Still not a huge deal, but minorly annoying enough that I remembered it.

Hot Tip: It’s hard to brush your animals when your pockets are full of swords.

Finally I’ll be able to make use of all this Ore I’ve been keeping.

The lowest level thing on the list for Forging is this Long Sword. So it’s our best bet for actual good EXP for now. This is why I bought all those Broadswords, you can’t craft those.

It’s pretty much that simple.

Here’s Donnel’s Forging EXP after making one successful Long Sword. Higher level recipes do yield better EXP, but have a higher chance of failing.

And here’s level 2. Thankfully, with crafting, it tells you in the menu if you got a level up.

Each level gives you an 8% higher success rate. It was 82 before, we’re up to 90.

Another recipe we can make at around this level is the Iron Shield, so I pumped out a few of those as well.

Of course, this is unavoidable sometimes, but the great thing about every crafting method but Cooking?

Failures DO NOT consume ingredients. You can totally spam items at a 1% success rate recipe if you really wanted to. They also still give you EXP.

Round Shields are a step up from Iron, and since I just made all these iron ones, I can flip them to these for more EXP.

They’re also better than our old shield, so I equipped one.

This is, I believe, the first thing we can make that Leo doesn’t stock right now. The Defender.

Practice makes perfect.

There we go!

So, the Defender’s description is...weird, because as far as I know there’s no way to actually “block” with your shield. I’m not sure if that’s flavor text or a cut mechanic.

But it has a higher Attack than our Wind Sword, the same combo, and added Vitality.

It’s also got a neat trick if you charge it up…

Sword beams.

I ended up selling a lot of these back to Leo, to recoup some of the material costs.

However, this ate through the ore reserves pretty quick, so I had to make a few stops in Toros to grab more Iron/Bronze. A nice trick is that since you’re more likely to get “good” drops like Gems with a charged swing, uncharged taps got me more Iron.

Oh, and, as you may have noticed, Forging does take RP, like pretty much everything else. Donnel might want to not work in front of that giant open flame.

I am making hella swords right now, Edward.

I decided to show the old man up by hopping over to the Pharmacy table. It’s really the same mechanic as Forging, but with different ingredients. I also find it to be pretty useless, since the stuff you can’t just buy from Edward usually requires too much material grinding to be worth it.

Still, this isn’t totally worthless.

Plus, I can just immediately drink it and make another.

All the Crafting schools have different corresponding skills.

I also made this, just for fun, although Medicate pretty much obsoleted it already.

Decoration is, not surprisingly, the same. If anything, this is the easiest at early levels, because of the low material costs. I’ve got like, 50 silver, and this recipe wants 1.

So of course, I made one.

Huh. I wonder.

This does what you’d expect. I still hate most other status effects way more than poison, though, so I’m not putting it on.

Meanwhile, back at the Forge, it’s time to up our shield game.

So, one gripe about this system is that the game does not tell you the stats or properties of the stuff you’re making until you’ve made it. Thus I regretted this, because -6 Strength is not a price I’m willing to pay.

Thankfully a replacement shield is easy enough to make.

But, to be honest, all that loving around was really for this. The Boss of Misty Bloom is weak to wind, and this upgrade to our Windsword should make it much easier. So let’s do some early prep work. I already have silver, and the iron is easy, but the Wind Crystal...that’s a pain.

It drops off of the flying monsters in Mt. Gigant. But the drop rate is super low. This goes for just about every Monster Drop in the game. I lost count of how many chickens I killed here.

Also apparently they can paralyse you?

Not totally without benefits, though. Level Ups are always nice.

Oh, finally. Donnel’s so excited he flickered out of the shot.

I was terrified this would just be another Bird Wing.

The last Chicken paralysed me again, though, so Donnel must swallow his pride, and this Paragon, because I’m out of RP for spells.

Now, though, the Ritual is prepared.

This might take a while.

Got it eventually. This is a prize.

Look at that. Almost double the Windsword’s attack, and a 4 hit combo instead of just 3.

Also it has the Sword Beams.

The four hit combo swords take out the upswing on the third hit, and just replay the horizontal slashes of the first two hits again.

I’ll store the rest of these raw materials away, so I can forge more later. Not in as much detail on screen, of course, I just sorta wanted to show what the process is like.

Here’s an update on Donnel’s Skills after all that crafting nonsense.

Sadly, Ivan doesn’t have much of interest today. I upgraded both of these to their “Large” versions, though. The Shelf has more space, the Table Set still has no purpose, but it looks nice.

Once again, Godwin has crammed romantic advice in Donnel’s mailbox. Moonlit Eve is another festival.

Wow. That table set is advanced. We even have a carpet now.

So, Moonlit Eve allows you to raise the LP of any Bachelorette by going on a date with her. To accept, however, she has to be above 4 LP. You’ll note that we only have Sharron that high. And...uh...it doesn’t matter anyway, because she’s maxed out.

It’s worth mentioning that nobody else will care if you ask another woman out. Even your wife doesn’t give a drat if you do this with a random woman after you get married.

But of course, there’s only one love in Donnel’s heart. (and only one possible choice)

:smith:

:unsmith:

: But seeing as you asked, I’ll go with you, Donnel. Okay, I’ll be waiting on top of Mt. Clemens.

And she wanders off. But she’s kinda lying. The game doesn’t tell you this (aside from that it is called Moonlit Eve, not Moonlit Morning/Midday), but she’ll only be there for the date after 6:00 PM.

So I passed time with old hobbies.

It’s about now that I stop selling level 1 gems, since they’re usable in some recipes.

However, eventually, the sun is down, and Donnel is ready to go on his first date. Thankfully, he knows the most important rule of dating.

Bring your pet giant bee.

Mt. Clemens, in case you forgot, is right above the entrance to Clemens Cave, next to Mt. Gigant.

We just started talking.

: You’re always in the caves, you should go up on the mountain sometimes, Donnel.

: Yeah, I should.

: Thanks for inviting me today, Donnel. It made for a nice change of scenery.

Oh man, you got this Donnel, you’ve got this, go get that proposal sword and-

You tremendous fuckup.

: I...actually...I....just can’t say it. Okay, I’m going now.

...Maybe we should have shown her our shield collection.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You blew it Donnel :argh:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Ghosts can't stay away from their haunting spot for long unfortunately.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Forgery".

I want to believe that was actually a clever pun, but it was really just an incompetent translation, wasn't it?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Glazius posted:

"Forgery".

I want to believe that was actually a clever pun, but it was really just an incompetent translation, wasn't it?

The Paralysis Ring is called the "Parasite Ring".

I'd lean on the latter.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Oh man, you got this Donnel, you’ve got this, go get that proposal sword and-

You tremendous fuckup.

In my own run of the game, I took every available girl to the date, and they all say basically the same thing. The only ones I didn't have enough LP for were Tori and Mei, but they're boring or impossible anyway. Most of the girls, like Rosetta, don't even give you a chance to speak. There are no text bubbles for Raguna, they just keep talking and then leave. They'll say "Oh Raguna/Donnel, do you l-l-like me? Anyway I have to go now!" I think Tabitha is the only one that straight up says she has feelings for you, so that makes her cool in my book.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Update 35: Fall Finale Festivities

Rune Factory’s back, surprise.

Donnel’s still taking his inability to speak on his own date pretty hard. OhGod looks concerned for him. But at least I’m getting crafting materials out of it.

I promise, Lara, I am definitely not working hard in the field.

I wanted to show off for a moment that I have all the books now, except for Accessories 4/4. I’ll need to buy that on a Tuesday from Russell sometime.

Speaking of Accessories, these Silver Rings are a fantastic way to get early EXP in Decoration, because they’re low level and only require 1 Silver each.

Enough of those and I can finally put those Bird Wings from Mt. Gigant to work, upgrading the sleeping bag, which increases the amount of times you can use it. Still missing one ingredient, though. Don’t have any Strong String.

So normally you’d just kinda have to hope this dropped off of...something, but I’m a cheater and I looked it up, so I know it’s here at Mt. Gigant.

The targets are these forgettable spider enemies.

The Sword Beam, by the way, is ridiculous, doing 89 damage in a single blow to this poor bastard.

Didn’t take too long. I stuck around to get some more, though.

Sword Beam also PIERCES. It’s weird that the most useful offensive “magic” in this game is just not using the magic system at all.

I’m going to be pretty overleveled for Misty Bloom.

This second string took longer than the first, but we’re done.

As I was walking out, Lady Ann walked up the mountain. I think this is the first time I’ve seen an NPC move outside of a cutscene.

: I especially like the mountains on rainy days like today. Everyone says I’m crazy, though.

It’s a nice touch, I think.

Oh, the spiders can also seal you. That’s no fun.

But hey, mission complete :toot:

And that absolutely skyrocketed the Decoration skill. I’ll take it.

It’s a Holiday, so it’s Ivan time.

Finally, the cooking utensils! I got all of these.

Unfortunately…

Turns out I need the “Large Kitchen” for these. And because I didn’t have the house upgraded last time that was available...gonna have to wait for that to come around, buy it, and then wait these to roll around again. Well, drat.

Leo, however, is always open. And our fishing pole can still get another upgrade from him.

I could have done this myself, but I think it requires a monster drop, and this is easier.

Now then, new utensils!

The Knives are pretty much reserved for making Sashimi out of just about every fish in the drat game.

The frying pan is pretty versatile, using all ingredients from fish to produce.

And the blender is pretty much just juices. So you’ll need crops for that. I probably won’t use the blender much.

Now then, it’s the 20th…

Still 11 days to kill. Fear not, though, I’ll cut most of it.

A few highlights deserve showing, though. Like this! The Wool Show!

I should mention that my petting and feeding of these monsters has not gone to waste.

We finally have their top-end produce, like this egg bigger than Donnel’s torso!

And, nicest of all for now, a Large Fur. This should be solid fodder for the Wool Show.

That’s a pretty good Friendship score!

Ignore all those zeroes, they never have to know.

Just like the other festivals so far, everyone’s out in the streets to celebrate.

Mist has some fascinating insight for us.

No wonder everyone hates Zavier.

Then why are you in the plaza for the Wool Show? Bianca this was poorly planned.

:allears:

I will not relive my dairy related failures.

I’m gonna BURY Camus.

Here we go…

:toot: :toot: :toot:

Finally.

What does that translate to? Your FP rises with every single townsperson!

Look at how beloved Donnel is now!

This is the bottom of the list! We’ve come a long way. (granted FP doesn’t really do anything past 3 for house keys, but I’m still happy.)

:smuggo:

Never change, Jasper.

Uh, thanks?

Sharron, as usual, has nothing to say about the festivals. She has no joy.

Skip ahead a few days now, and...

Ivan’s got something special, it’s the only item he’ll stock today, and you need the house upgrade first.

: Well, I have to recommend the double bed. You’ll need a double bed before a girl will marry you! It’ll cost you 10,000g.

Of course, that’s a yes.

: Thanks as always! It’ll soon be delivered to your house.

Wow. It’s even red. There’s only one way Donnel knows to break in a new bed.

Passing out next to it.

Now that I’ve got my rod back, time to do a little fishing.

In front of Sharron, of course. Maybe Donnel can work up the courage to propose that way.

:allears: Memories.

The actual reason I did this was to fill up on these Salmon, because they’re the best fish for early Cooking exp.

As shown here, although the final product looks…

Gross.

...Gotta try it.

This has been a good update.

Cooking is still a pretty hard skill to level up, though, since it’s the only one where you can waste ingredients.

One nice thing about food is that it does stack in your inventory. I should note that the level of the dish doesn’t matter, the quality of ingredients doesn’t change anything.

Oh, there’s also this, the lamest holiday.

Nobody’s even out celebrating. Fishing Day has one purpose, and one purpose only.

It’s not talking to Lukas, but he’s got a hot tip for us.

: I wonder if it has anything to do with the increase in the number of monsters around here.

Fishing Day, instead, is a day you can give Mei fish.

It gives you a special message and raises her LP.

Still...very...slowly. Marrying Mei is terrible.

But Fall finally fades…

And Winter has come to Kardia.

Just a quick note, if you try to pet an animal at max FP (10), you don’t get the hearts popping out.

But we all know the real reason I’ve been waiting for this.

Next time, finally.

This accursed hellhole.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:woop: Finally.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It takes 25 cooking skill to mix two juices together in a blender. :raise:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It takes 25 cooking skill to mix two juices together in a blender. :raise:

Have you watched Iron Chef? People forget to put the drat lid on all the time.

Also, this is by and far the inferior wool festival. The one in RF3 and RF4 lets you beat up an enormous rampaging wooly with clippers and/or spoons until it sheds all of its wool for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Have you watched Iron Chef? People forget to put the drat lid on all the time.

Also, this is by and far the inferior wool festival. The one in RF3 and RF4 lets you beat up an enormous rampaging wooly with clippers and/or spoons until it sheds all of its wool for you.

I think the number one thing we can all take from this LP is that I should have played RF3. Because my god that owns.

• Locked thread