Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
This LP inspired me to start playing Stardew Valley. Thanks, Lord Hippoman! I haven't played a Harvest Moon game since Friends of Mineral Town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Stardew is really good! Glad I could help with that, because this game is basically Stardew Valley Version .01.

It's like a Harvest Moon game with modern quality-of-life features and actual depth.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Definitely Honeybuns.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm even more confused by the magic system design now. Is there something for applying elemental weaknesses that we're missing? Are there magic buffs somewhere? A magic skill that scales up the damage spells do? It just really doesn't seem worth it, besides Medicate and Cure.
Maybe they should have focused entirely on support spells instead of half-assed damage spells.

Also, I'm pretty sure naming the monster box Hope was referring to Hope Chests, not Pandora's box.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

HardDiskD posted:

So, this page is really something huh.

Yup, real nice and clear.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Nothing like a Deus ex Machina (Deus ex NPC?) to really finish the plot! The last bit was a blatant sequel hook, but do any of the later RF games continue it?

Also, is it just me, or do Ethelberd and Godwin look like they could be brothers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I think you did a great job showing what this game had to offer, LordHippoman. I played Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Stardew Valley, so you could say I'm a fan of this genre, but I never got around to playing any of the RF games. So thanks for crossing this one off my list!

I'm looking forward to your next LP, whenever that may be. :)

• Locked thread