Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm sitting waiting for oil to get changed and the tv is on with this retarded morning news talk show. Its terrible. these people are so awkward and phony. Bad jokes, bad references. Its all so bad. How does this poo poo get funded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

why don't moms just visit somethingawful.com instead of watching these loving clowns lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
dont shame me op I don't even have cable

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Daedra posted:

dont shame me op I don't even have cable

You can watch these shows on crystal clear over the air digital HD!

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Tangentially related:
In 2013 when I was stuck doing the same thing in a rural town when a 70 year old farmer showed up in a beat up pick up truck. He had no teeth, sun dried raisin skin, a smile somewhere between doltish and devious as if his wife didn't know he was spending money on his truck. He sat quietly watching TV morning shows when someone changed the channel to a music video, Miley Cyrus' wrecking ball and that Farmer's face. I mean goddamn. His eyes bulged and his mouth just stood agape mouth started dribbling saliva and just stared at her like a pup at a steak.

Edit: Upon reflection, I call this anecdote King Leer and the Predicament of Pendulous Pupils

Tonsured fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 2, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Old people, OP. The answer is old people

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like morning radio shows

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Volume posted:

I like morning radio shows

Same. But I'm a long time Stern fan so i don't like the good ones

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Crazy, unemployed moms who blog about their autistic children all day. That's who, op. HTH.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's got a good beat and you can dance to it

Aug 4, 2010

i do, jeremy kyle is great

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Old people

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I watched morning talk shows when I was unemployed and it really reinforced my desire to find work or possibly kill myself

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
because the real news isnt on and thats why people turned to that channel so they leave it on hoping they get to see the real news because they are too dumb to change over to a different news station that is showing news eg changing from nbc or cbs to bloomberg or something

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think im gonna puke

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
The commercials will pretty easily tell you who the show's demographic is. That's why the national news plugs nothing but prescription drugs to keep your heart beating and your boners semi-existent.

Do the daytime shows still have those ads where the gleeful housewife shows off how easy and life-fulfilling a cleaning product is, which her husband is usually too dumb to figure out?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Crewmine posted:

I watched morning talk shows when I was unemployed and it really reinforced my desire to find work or possibly kill myself

Why did you get up in the morning when you were unemployed :confused:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

MikeCrotch posted:

Why did you get up in the morning when you were unemployed :confused:

Well that's why he wanted to kill himself

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

sometimes i catch a few minutes of one when their making my breakfast burrito

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Crewmine posted:

This. Also I used to think that Michael Strahan just plowed Kelly Ripa with his "bbc" after every episode of Live with Kelly and Michael. Actually, I still think that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I dunno, OP why don't you tell me. You seem to know an awful lot about it.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm sitting waiting for oil to get changed and the tv is on with this retarded morning news talk show. Its terrible. these people are so awkward and phony. Bad jokes, bad references. Its all so bad. How does this poo poo get funded.

Holy poo poo are you in my shop?

Also the chick pundits are usually the hottest in the morning.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
mainly people waiting to get their oil changed

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Why would I watch handsome, unfunny idiots comment on current events when I could just read GBS?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You already aren't a Real Man because you aren't changing your own oil

Might as well start watching The View

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
old people

women

old women

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I have Hulu and Netflix and all the other good stuff, so I don't pay for cable. Still I get about twenty channels over the air on the TV anyway. Too lazy in the morning to boot up Amazon Prime Instant Video, so I usually just turn on The Today Show for a bit until I wake up. There's something about Matt Lauer's non-threatening, emasculated temperament that has grown on me over the last few months.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm sitting waiting for oil to get changed and the tv is on with this retarded morning news talk show. Its terrible.

there's your answer

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rQQrP9tZ4&t=97s

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
grandma

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
It is a proxy for having friends, much like this forum, except it's meant for occupants of whatever the opposite of counterculture is.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Old jews. Aka my mom.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Retired gay men and blue-haired old ladies.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
tv is a dieing format and no one is putting in the money or effort needed to make good stuff, op

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

SHISHKABOB posted:

Its terrible. these people are so awkward and phony. Bad jokes, bad references. Its all so bad. How does this poo poo get funded.

Yeah SA is pretty bad lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

amusinginquiry posted:

Yeah SA is pretty bad lol

:drat:

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Stinky_Pete posted:

It is a proxy for having friends, much like this forum, except it's meant for occupants of whatever the opposite of counterculture is.

The radio said country music is the counter to counter culture. So I think country musicians mainly op

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
ive watched them comingg down off md at 7 in the morning, you can smoke a splif f and pretend youre a very important person who needs to know the very important things about the world but really ur a student in his underpants, its a real trip

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
but seriously its students and the unempl;oyed who has time for television in the morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
If ever I'm watching a morning talk show because the pundits are hotter please God end my sad gay life

• Locked thread