Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Dizz posted:

I've been struggling to hit 1100 crowns for the past 3 hours. Everytime I'm 20 crowns away from hitting it, I get matched up against some fucker who has Minion hordes or a hog rider.

Who loving thought that was a good idea to match higher arena people against lower arenas?

Welcome to Games made by Supercell. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Skeletons kill hog riders

Fireball kills minions

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
what is the counter to the baby dragon, so far I find pekka is the ultimate giant killer

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
musketeer does work againts it

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I find the goblin hut + giant in lane with a few minions is almost unstoppable (assuming you have the lix for it all at once)

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I think the baby dragon takes damage from the fireball as well. In the later arenas, the Telsa and Inferno Tower can cook them pretty fast.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I got a bomb tower card, is it worth it, kinda flimsy and not very decent damage but it's splash

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

goondolences is full if anybody other than me wants to make another clan.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Coolspaz posted:

I got a bomb tower card, is it worth it, kinda flimsy and not very decent damage but it's splash

Lot of people use it. It's good but not sure if it meshes with your play style. Try it out.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Is it worth dropping a couple hundred coin to buy commons and upgrade to rush level 3 to get into a clan to get donation coin and exp? Cause I feel like it is.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Prince is very strong if you support it well. It almost has to have Arrows as a preemptive backup.

Cast prince, as he's going over the bridge drop arrows right in front of the opponent tower. Laugh as his tiny counters die instantly leaving prince mashing his tower. Bonus points if you drop him in the second lane to force a play by the opponent leaving your main side weak.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Seems like a waste. I'd just probably push to arena 2 or 3 and then consider buying a chest or two.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dizz posted:

Seems like a waste. I'd just probably push to arena 2 or 3 and then consider buying a chest or two.

Buying chests for sure seems like a waste vs just beating rear end and using coins to buy epics, but either way I'm like 12 exp away.
Once my silvers and golds open I should have enough cards tomorrow to get the exp and hit 3 then flip shop cards into clan donations before that poo poo gets nerfed.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

S.T.C.A. posted:

Is it worth dropping a couple hundred coin to buy commons and upgrade to rush level 3 to get into a clan to get donation coin and exp? Cause I feel like it is.

I don't know what you're planning exactly, but don't be silly about getting your account to level 3. The most sensible plan is to try and push your cup rating as high as you can, because chests of the same type will have more gold and more cards in them if you win them while in a higher tier. The progression dripfeed in this game is weird, but I would bet that this was done on purpose to trip the nerd circuits in peoples' brains so they'll spend money1. Don't spend a ton of gold or gems just so you can do the clan card swap, because the gold rewards for donating cards aren't all that big when you take into account all of the limits placed on the donation system. Each clan can only have 50 members, who can each only make one request every 8 hours, which request is for a maximum of 10 copies of a common or 1 copy of a rare, and for each request clanmates can only donate up to two copies of a common (or one of a rare, obviously). Ultimately you will probably end up wanting to pour gems into a "gems -> coins -> cards -> upgrade" for certain upgrades, but I would urge anyone starting out right now to be cautious because I don't think the metagame has really stabilized and you don't want to be stuck with a level 6 card you never use and that sits in your collection mocking you about all the gold you sunk into it.

1 For more information, see the iOS and Android games GDTs where goons have raged the gently caress out about the chest system

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
I just got kicked from Goonageddon and now I can't rejoin cause I'm banned?

I came back yesterday, was trying to get a donation in before Friday but... :(

e: well gently caress and Salty Goons is full.

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 4, 2016

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

We kicked some players from goonageddon who we believed to be inactive due to zero donations(it's the only metric we have).

There's 10 spaces now if you apply to join, min trophies 200, say something goony in your join request.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Don't post about chests drops being predetermined anymore you'll just confuse goons and you don't even know if the system is still in the game OK that's good amen

I'll be cleaning up the tips tonight so post you're pro gamer tips if you want them included in the cool new mystery tip system.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Dessert Rose posted:

I just got kicked from Goonageddon and now I can't rejoin cause I'm banned?

the ban system is automatic for supercell games, it's dumb and only for 24 hours reapply then

J
Jun 10, 2001

I feel like the only reason I'm ever winning against anyone with a goblin hut is because they gently caress up all their other choices constantly.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Just applied to Salty Goons as Snowmank

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Dizz posted:

I've been struggling to hit 1100 crowns for the past 3 hours. Everytime I'm 20 crowns away from hitting it, I get matched up against some fucker who has Minion hordes or a hog rider.

Who loving thought that was a good idea to match higher arena people against lower arenas?

Looking at your profile I see that you're level 4 so you're progressed pretty far but will probably start to normalize now seeing as arena 4 guys tend to be level 6.

I'm also noticing that I can't three crown people anymore as much as a used to.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Slash posted:

We kicked some players from goonageddon who we believed to be inactive due to zero donations(it's the only metric we have).

There's 10 spaces now if you apply to join, min trophies 200, say something goony in your join request.

i kicked everyone from salty goons too, that didn't have any donations. rejoin if you want. also no minimum trophies because ~~we bad~~ (i'm bad). also there is the third goon clan of .... uh .... scroll up the page to find the name

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Am I crazy or did your third tower previously not explode if they broke your main tower without taking both sides down first?

I thought I remembered that from soft launch, so I'm over here trying to maximize crowns instead of go for the kill, and then someone nukes my main tower and the other one goes with it.

I like it better this way, but am I misremembering?

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i kicked everyone from salty goons too, that didn't have any donations. rejoin if you want. also no minimum trophies because ~~we bad~~ (i'm bad). also there is the third goon clan of .... uh .... scroll up the page to find the name

Applied as Lasher

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
For some dumb reason at Arena level 1 you can only donate 1 common and 1 rare at a time. It goes to the standard 2 common and 1 rare at Arena 2

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Daemonlasher posted:

Applied as Lasher

Applied as Tezzyheart

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can we get more talk about winningist decks? Counters and great and all, but I'm drunk and want to get to arena 4 with the least amount of :effort: Thx!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The reason I didn't include any in the OP is because it seems for now that anticipation and knowing when to push/defend are key rather than the cards you use. Making a specialized deck will probably screw you over if the opponent has the counter.

I recently tried a deck only consisting of spells/buildings to out-defend the enemy and attack with rockets but it was trash.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This game would feel like so much less of a soulless pay-to-win whale hunt if matches took into account deck level. Nothing that destroys my desire to play more than running into someone tossing around level 6 epics in arena 2.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
You can rest well assured that those players won't be in Arena 2 for long.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aredna posted:

You can rest well assured that those players won't be in Arena 2 for long.

Still an incredibly obnoxious "gently caress you, pay me" design decision. I get that the entire design philosophy is based on extracting as much as possible from big spenders but it would be nice if it weren't so in your face

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Can we get more talk about winningist decks? Counters and great and all, but I'm drunk and want to get to arena 4 with the least amount of :effort: Thx!

Deck composition matters less than knowing how to push, counter, make efficient trades, etc. that's why there are so many different types of decks on Royale tv.

Just don't use rage!

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004
Looking for a non-full goon clan.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
I've been coming up against rage balloon pushes a bit today. Easily countered for the cost of it but Christ. Some guy chucked a giant/balloon into rage for the last 10s of a game. Hadn't played rage apart from that the entire game.

If I hadn't pushed his other side it wouldn't have worked. And that's the beauty of the game and why I enjoy losing. Everything pretty much is counterable. Sometimes you're going to make small mistakes that cost you the entire game, next game you could be the guy that doesn't make the small mistake.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Fetko posted:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I was really frustrated with this game until I made a low cost rush deck. I love swarming their giant that they saved for with 30 goblins.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Fetko posted:

make one

also Luther stop kicking people

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I made one... no trophie requirement. Join me in my suck.

Goonstache
#L2URPL

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I mis-tapped a Rare card instead of the not-so-Rare when requesting cards this morning (Goblin Hut, really wanted the Goblin Spearmen), but a kind Goonbro sent me one anyway. Thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I mis-tapped a Rare card instead of the not-so-Rare when requesting cards this morning (Goblin Hut, really wanted the Goblin Spearmen), but a kind Goonbro sent me one anyway. Thanks :)

It's fine, just request whatever you want on every cooldown, not matter what you ask for it will get fulfilled, rare or common. It's the main way for people to get xp.

(Unless you ask for arena 6+ stuff)