Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
*sees studio*

"That's no moon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I mean, as far as I know, everywhere except New England is fake. I went to Florida and California and St Thomas, but those could have been elaborate Truman show sets. Europe and Asia are for sure fake. Hollywood magic.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I mean, as far as I know, everywhere except New England is fake. I went to Florida and California and St Thomas, but those could have been elaborate Truman show sets. Europe and Asia are for sure fake. Hollywood magic.

Every poster but you is Lowtax.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

The Bible posted:

Every poster but you is Lowtax.

:owned:

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Looks real to me.

Christo3
May 1, 2013

If you believe, they put a man on the moon.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Let me tell you about a money-grubbing "researcher" called Jay Weidner ...

In around 2008 I found Jay Weidner's website and youtube videos all about how he had figured out that Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings in Pinewood Studios, London between 1964 and 1968. He used techniques in movie sfx (using a glass screen at an angle with another image in the background that he had first used in Dr Strangelove) which the USAF and NASA had taken an interest in because it was so realistic looking. Today it can be spotted easily, but in 1969 the moon terrain and space beyond looked pretty convincing.

Anyway, long story short Kubrick altered parts of The Shining novel to give clues to the world that he had faked the moon landings, one clue being that he changed Stephen King's original room number of the hotel to 237 instead of King's 217 ... why? Because Danny walks towards it with an Apollo sweater and the distance from the Earth to moon is 237,000 miles ....

Weidner put this all out for free, in 2008, but by 2010 had tried to turn it into a moneymaker .... he charged for the DVDs and other information

So ... a guy Rodney Ascher decided to make a movie - Room 237 - all about Weidner's theories.

from Wikipedia :

quote:

Cast
The film features narration by Bill Blakemore, Geoffrey Cocks, Juli Kearns, John Fell Ryan and Jay Weidner. Buffy Visick appears as the VHS enthusiast

So Weidner gets a credit in the movie (which grossed $296,359) because he's a fuckin douche who probably made a couple of thousand bucks at most for his lovely yt dvds ..... good theory though

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

have you seen the moon with your own eyes??? or do you just believe what the media feeds you

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The Saturn rocket was only like three feet tall and they just put it a lot closer to the crowds watching the launch, instead of miles away like they said. Like how they made the Hodgets look small in Lord of the Flies even though they were the same size as Gambit.

Besides, who would believe those helmets could hold enough air for them to go all the way to the moon?

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im going to be the fist man to gently caress the moon

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.
kubrick faked you losing your virginity

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
do you believe they put a man on the moon

man on the moon

nineties

singin

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.
that song was about andy kaufman who did fake his own death and possibly the moon landing it all adds up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Here's looking at you, Voyager.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread