Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

lengua tacos f*cking own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

withak posted:

Does this make your pee smell like regular asparagus?

Worse

But it's real good

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
It makes your pee smell awesome

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

What made you think this was appropriate to post here

stuffed cabbage is legitly dad

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
lengua is great but the jews really know how to do tongue. corned tongue with sauerkraut on rye. also a very dadly food

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

lengua is great but the jews really know how to do tongue. corned tongue with sauerkraut on rye. also a very dadly food

Sorry but the Mexicans destroy the Jews in all food related issues, cart or otherwise.

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

by Pragmatica
Lots of talk about Dad Food in here, but no one has mentioned hoagies. What gives?

Kung Fu Candy
Oct 28, 2010
Imitation crab meat out of the package. Skippy out of the jar using a butterknife. Doritos with the frito lay neon orange jalepeno nacho cheese.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sheep-Goats posted:

faggay mingeon

mods name change please

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My Dad always made pimento cheese. He's take a brick and that cheap rear end American cheese from the grocery (the stuff they just put on a styrofoam tray and shrink wrap), grate it then mix it with mayo and some jarred pimentos.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
it's friday. time for some dad beverage chat. let me introduce you all to my friend george

he's pretty loving smooth, but he packs a wallop

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I would say a lot of german food and eastern european food falls into Dad Category (Dadegory)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
anything "foreign" will have elements that are dadly.

strangely, that means there's probably a culture somewhere that doesn't eat a poo poo ton of sugar and processed food for which, like, a reeces peanut butter cup is dadly all hell because it's the kind of thing a lot of people would look at and say "I don't wanna eat that, it's too weird".

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a giant chunk of Jalsberg cheese for $9.21 at costco last night

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
You all don't know what the gently caress you're talking about. *pours salt into glass of beer, grabs a ten year old pickled egg*

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
ah, the empty nester or "Hermit Dad" region of dad cuisine.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Chinatown posted:

i got a giant chunk of Jalsberg cheese for $9.21 at costco last night

Yeah I bet you pronounce the "J" as a "J" too, you dad-rear end piece of poo poo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Jall uh peen oh

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mustard and hot sauce are the only dad condiments.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

Horseradish

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
salt

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i had a pickle back last night it was freakin good

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
HOt dog with white bread as the bun and some plain fritos, sitting in the dad chair, before falling asleep at 8pm watching pawn stars/goldrush.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

Bonzo posted:

Sheep-Goats posted:

Horseradish

Put some of this on liverwurst on rye. That was my dad's favorite sandwich.

He called liverwurst "frog food" and I still have no idea why. The Internet doesn't know either.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

xov posted:

He called liverwurst "frog food" and I still have no idea why. The Internet doesn't know either.

Before the internet dad would meet dad and they would have discussions like "Well I calls it frog food!" and then the other dad would say "Hell, where I'm from that's a Gob Bobber!"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nick Rivers posted:

sitting in the dad chair

Next time I'm visiting the dad I'm gonna take a pictuer of the dad chair, it's in the garage where a car should probably be, next to the table made out of wood on top of never-been-used sawhorses, and behind it lies the disproportionate work bench

The chair itself I think is formed plywood with a cracking thin wood seat that has a yellow piece foam from I think an old truck bench seat as a cushion

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm a mayostard man, m'self
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
How could I have forgotten Mrs. Fisher's potato chips, a staple of the Midwestern dad diet?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I never had those but Dads tend to like bad chips like BBQ lays 'round here

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite chippos

1) Tim's Cascade Dill Pickle
2) Kettle Yogurt and Onion
3) Maui Sweet Onion from that Hawaiian company

I also get the small bag of jalepeno chips and eat it real fast to make the snot run down

My nose makes a lot of snot when I eat spicy stuff

One time I had a pill to stop my runny nose then ate something spicy and my nose didn't run at all and I was ecstatic with the experience, I was like, "This is what it's like for other people"

The nose running thing is bad and it interferes with food flavor a lot.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

My favorite chippos

1) Tim's Cascade Dill Pickle
2) Kettle Yogurt and Onion
3) Maui Sweet Onion from that Hawaiian company

I also get the small bag of jalepeno chips and eat it real fast to make the snot run down

My nose makes a lot of snot when I eat spicy stuff

One time I had a pill to stop my runny nose then ate something spicy and my nose didn't run at all and I was ecstatic with the experience, I was like, "This is what it's like for other people"

The nose running thing is bad and it interferes with food flavor a lot.

You are probably part troll

My sinuses empty down the back of my throat exclusively so I hawk up big loogies in front of horrified tourists while jogging it's fun

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Can we talk about grand fathers? Mine was a carpenter at American Standard who loved whisky, german chocolate and black licorice. Also Boxcar Willy cassettes that he would listen to in his '77 El Camino.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Pththya-lyi posted:

Tripas (intestine) tacos are also crispy and tasty

i loving love this poo poo. there's a local hole in the wall that makes out of this world tripe tacos. i go there at least once a month and get two of those plus an al pastor and make myself sick on them and spend the rest of the day making GBS threads painfully. don't care. totally worth it.

tripe properly prepared tastes like liver and bacon and jesus loving christ i want some now NOW NOW

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
and if you want a fun project, try making your own tripas.

oh sure you'll get loving looks from your wife or roommates or whoever and yeah, cleaning the intestines means there's a good chance of doodoo leaking out onto your cutting board and sink, but you know what? man the gently caress up and learn to cook offal.

it is amazingly worth it to cook gross poo poo.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

xov posted:

I have concluded that May is the most popular to time to search for frog food, perhaps this can help you in your quest.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is the dad dead and took the secret of frog food to the grave?

naem
May 29, 2011

Maybe he meant French

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My dad does BBQ chip sandwiches with lots of butter and HP sauce, p dadly imo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

Can we talk about grand fathers? Mine was a carpenter at American Standard who loved whisky, german chocolate and black licorice. Also Boxcar Willy cassettes that he would listen to in his '77 El Camino.

You got two Grandfathers you fuckass way to leave out 25% of your genetic makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

and if you want a fun project, try making your own tripas.

oh sure you'll get loving looks from your wife or roommates or whoever and yeah, cleaning the intestines means there's a good chance of doodoo leaking out onto your cutting board and sink, but you know what? man the gently caress up and learn to cook offal.

it is amazingly worth it to cook gross poo poo.

I don't cook tripe. I'll cook almost anything else but guts smell like morgues and it's gross.

• Locked thread