Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

it may be old wives tale, but some are of the opinion that a lot of heat is in the seeds, so you could deseed your hellahanes for a milder experience

All parts have some capsaicin but the white membrane the seeds are attached to (the "ribs") has the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

Speaking of candy:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
fuckers stop making GBS threads up the dad food thread with candy

unless it is, like, horehound or that viking licorice which is covered in detergent

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
in my experience dad food begins and ends with anything that can be done on the BBQ so you can get away from the drat wife and kids for a bit and have a beer and maybe also a cigar in peace

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sizone posted:

horehound

:captainpop:

I've had that poo poo and even as a dad it's horrifying

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Sizone posted:

unless it is, like, horehound or that viking licorice which is covered in detergent

salted licorice

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What about the diet gummy bears that cause terrible diarrhea?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

Really cheap cinnamon candy is of the dad

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

salted licorice

Grandma food thread

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

Good and Plenty is 100% a dad candy, in that I've never seen anyone eat it except for my dad

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

Good and Plenty is 100% a dad candy, in that I've never seen anyone eat it except for my dad

My dad never eats it though and therefore

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

My dad never eats it though and therefore

Hate to say it, but your dad may be a mom

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

dadcandy. mark fixed/closed. move on

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sizone posted:

dadcandy. mark fixed/closed. move on

Confirmed

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Ate some of these the other night, felt like a dad.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Need to do it in tighty whiteys and hanes while kicked back in a reclining chair. Adjust that one ball that won't sit right.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

dad food

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Internaut! posted:

in my experience dad food begins and ends with anything that can be done on the BBQ so you can get away from the drat wife and kids for a bit and have a beer and maybe also a cigar in peace

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

all chased down with some liqueur which has a dead snake in the bottle all fighting demons afterwards. big dad in little china

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
Blue cheese & truffled honey on water crackers. Holy poo poo that's good.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
A pack of these or Miss Vickies salt & vinegar were always kept in the back seat of the car

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
there are these italian brined peas that you sort of squeeze out of their shell into your mouth with a satisfying sklitch. can't remember what they're actually called, we always called them gleebets

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Sizone posted:

there are these italian brined peas that you sort of squeeze out of their shell into your mouth with a satisfying sklitch. can't remember what they're actually called, we always called them gleebets

Lupini beans?

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...

Egbert Souse posted:

Lithuanian/Baltic cuisine is the best.

Kugelis - Potato pudding with eggs, onion, and bacon. Usually served with sour cream on top.

Šaltibarščiai - Beet soup with kefir served cold. You add hot diced potatoes as a topping. (My aunt made a batch last year and it was awesome)

Balandėliai - Cabbage stuffed with ground beef and rice topped with tomato sauce.

Ukraine called. It wants their food back.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

yes, yes, yes

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
got a whole bunch of decent eggs. got a jar of vlasick pickle brine. now I'm pondering eating a whole jar of mezetta garlic dill pepperonchinis in order to have enough brine to pickle some eggs.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You should eat a whole jar of pepperoncinis because they are delicious.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
yeah, but my digestive system went all wuss on me as a result of moving to hawaii. I can only handle a few a day. prior I would have thought nothing of it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

yeah, but my digestive system went all wuss on me as a result of moving to hawaii. I can only handle a few a day. prior I would have thought nothing of it

Moves to Hawaii, starts masculine centric thread, doesn't know not to admit the former :shameful (PROBATIONAL):

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Is it dad-like to grind your own coffee beans

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kitsunegari posted:

Is it dad-like to grind your own coffee beans

That's effete dude.

Real dads drink Folgers or something else out of a can

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Gas station coffee is dad coffee

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

That's effete dude.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

That's effete dude.

wait canned coffee is way gayer

e: oh I thought you mean like melitta espresso and cream in a can nvm

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My dad drinks Tab and Diet Pepsi for his caffeine needs. (Yes, they still make Tab!)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sheep-Goats posted:

Moves to Hawaii, starts masculine centric thread, doesn't know not to admit the former :shameful (PROBATIONAL):

p sure if I ever make my way back to the golden state, that poo poo will clear up in a week or two. it's not one of those permanent conditions like being gay or a bad poster.

gonna nominate my coffee choice as dad coffee: medalia d'oro. it's cheap and nasty, but it's also strong and somewhat palatable.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pththya-lyi posted:

My dad drinks Tab and Diet Pepsi for his caffeine needs. (Yes, they still make Tab!)

That's real weird gotta be some kinda ethnic dad

If my dad even sees a diet thing he starts complaining about it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
maybe a diabetes thing. diabetes might not be a real dadly disease because dads naturally abhor sugar, recognizing it as a thing of wives and children

though I'm pretty sure you can get the big d from drinking too much whiskey

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
tonight for dinner i had a ribeye, half a jar of kalamata olives and some fritos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
All dads drink canned coffee.

It's because when you're done with it, the cans become containers for screws, nails, rope ends, fire starter kits, washers, bolts, extra leather bits, shell casings, arrow heads, fishing weights, and something to piss in when you just dont have time.

• Locked thread