Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Enfield posted:

tonight for dinner i had a ribeye, half a jar of kalamata olives and some fritos

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
As a dad, I can weigh in.

My standard quick meal is Wasa with horseradish, sprats, and mustard. With a side of pickles. Perhaps some Gypsy ham if I have any. No one in my house will eat it, but I like it.

My father just eats candy. He never finishes a proper meal. He just hides in his bed and eats piece after piece of candy. He throws the wrappers under the bed.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mostlygray posted:

As a dad, I can weigh in.

My standard quick meal is Wasa with horseradish, sprats, and mustard. With a side of pickles. Perhaps some Gypsy ham if I have any. No one in my house will eat it, but I like it.

My father just eats candy. He never finishes a proper meal. He just hides in his bed and eats piece after piece of candy. He throws the wrappers under the bed.

I think your dad might be 8 years old

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think your dad might be 8 years old
He's Bengarmin Buttons.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

gently caress your bitch-made opinions of coffee, dads drink espresso, black, and scalding hot. Lazy POS "I'll be right back, I'm just grabbing a pack of cigarettes" deadbeat dads drink whatever poo poo tier swill you fools are blabbering on about. Yes, there is something very dadly about not giving a single gently caress and inhaling whatever poo poo is spilled into your trough, but a real dad knows the most important part of being a dad is setting a ridiculously high standard that's almost impossible to live up to: a beverage that is so bitter, hot, and strong that many "dads" can't even handle or enjoy it. Try living up to that, son.

Pair it with some 101.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
never mix booze and caffeine. a dad works hard all day, he wants his coffee to rile him to be able to do so and he wants his booze to knock him the gently caress out so he can rest and do it all again the next day. the last thing he needs is a spiny sleepless drunk.

you're kind of right about the espresso, but espresso is, like, one step removed from coffee drinks and those are dadanathema

"wife, you spent 5$ on a thing at starbuks again, why?"

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

My dad's go to dishes:

Cooking for the family -
Spaghetti
Pork chops
Hoagies

Cooking for himself -
Spaghetti noodles in Hunts tomato sauce and nothing
Chopped hot dogs in Hunts tomato sauce
A two liter bottle of diet pepsi

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Pfft espresso is like a buck even at the ever-prevelant Shitfucks. Having a ridiculous unitasker espresso machine as the only real machine in your kitchen is a vary dadly thing indeed.

Machines can be drat cheap too since you don't need a pansy rear end milk frother. poo poo who even cares if it makes it perfectly, it's more bitter that way.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 12, 2016

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Reading some of these posts is more delicious than even the finest dad foods could ever be.

I mean:

BaconCopter posted:

gently caress your bitch-made opinions of coffee, dads drink espresso, black, and scalding hot. Lazy POS "I'll be right back, I'm just grabbing a pack of cigarettes" deadbeat dads drink whatever poo poo tier swill you fools are blabbering on about. Yes, there is something very dadly about not giving a single gently caress and inhaling whatever poo poo is spilled into your trough, but a real dad knows the most important part of being a dad is setting a ridiculously high standard that's almost impossible to live up to: a beverage that is so bitter, hot, and strong that many "dads" can't even handle or enjoy it. Try living up to that, son.

Pair it with some 101.

BaconCopter posted:

Pfft espresso is like a buck even at the ever-prevelant Shitfucks. Having a ridiculous unitasker espresso machine as the only real machine in your kitchen is a vary dadly thing indeed.

Machines can be drat cheap too since you don't need a pansy rear end milk frother. poo poo who even cares if it makes it perfectly, it's more bitter that way.

LMAO

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

^^^abandoned his kids^^^

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

BaconCopter posted:

it's not the price or access to a machine. it's that espresso forms the basis of all girly coffee drinks. like, the manliest of coffee is the first ingredient in peppermint caramel pumpkin pie machiatto latte mocha. maybe you're right, maybe it's time to take espresso back.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Sizone posted:

yeah, but my digestive system went all wuss on me as a result of moving to hawaii. I can only handle a few a day. prior I would have thought nothing of it

You'll get your stomach back. My dad is a Hawaii dad and "fistful of peperoncinis" is a common dad snack. Also, sunflower seeds.

naem
May 29, 2011

Having really specific tastes for food/drink is v dadly especially when really grouchy about it if it isn't right

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Tokelau All Star posted:

You'll get your stomach back. My dad is a Hawaii dad and "fistful of peperoncinis" is a common dad snack. Also, sunflower seeds.

man, I hope so, but I been here almost 6 years and I swear I can handle hot foods a little less with each one. I probably have to regiment my chili intake, like how people with nutrient deficient diets need to take vitamin supplements, I straight up need to start taking hot pepper supplements or get a mistress who doesn't mind going out for thai food.

Alright, it's dad food Reuben lightning round

post photos and recipes of your 'bens

my secret is to boil cabbage in a mixture of brine, vinegar, marsala wine or sherry and rosemary and use that in place of sauerkraut

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

"wife, you spent 5$ on a thing at starbuks again, why?"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Having really specific tastes for food/drink is v dadly especially when really grouchy about it if it isn't right

Dad bonus round activates when the opinions about what is right are obviously and demonstrably wrong.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sheep-Goats posted:

Dad bonus round activates when the opinions about what is right are obviously and demonstrably wrong.

yellow mustard

:colbert:

naem
May 29, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

One dad might have a really disgusting old drip coffee pot that has never ever been washed and he uses the least expensive coffee grounds possible but it has to sit cooking in the pot for like 3 hours before he'll drink it

Another has an espresso machine from like 1912 with brass fittings that he found at a garage sale and more than half the steam escapes through holes when you use it and it produces pretty much battery acid

The one thing both those dads can agree on is "*harrumph grr frazzle grumpus* don't touch my scotch!!" *putters around garage*

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

naem posted:

One dad might have a really disgusting old drip coffee pot that has never ever been washed and he uses the least expensive coffee grounds possible but it has to sit cooking in the pot for like 3 hours before he'll drink it

Another has an espresso machine from like 1912 with brass fittings that he found at a garage sale and more than half the steam escapes through holes when you use it and it produces pretty much battery acid

The one thing both those dads can agree on is "*harrumph grr frazzle grumpus* don't touch my scotch!!" *putters around garage*

boy, your hippie dad implores you, from beyond the grave, to assemble a decent set of tools by going to the flea market, buying every busted, rusted craftsman, or other tool with a lifetime warranty, and taking them to a store and exchanging them for new, working tools.

while you're at it, find an espresso maker, clean it once and use it forever.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Need to pick up more white crew socks today.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

Need to pick up more white crew socks today.

Get some briefs too, FTW

Dad-tip: dark briefs will obscure yellowing & skidmarks

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
you need a set of combo wrenches, a set of crescent wrenches, a socket set, a c-clip tool, a set of screw drivers, a set of allen wrenches, a set of punches, a ball peen and carpenter's hammer, various rulers measuring tapes and t-squares and most importantly, pliers, vice grips and forceps of every size and shape imaginable.

go child, hurry, make of yourself a man and not a squirrel avatar.

also get a drill, a dremel tool an angle grinder and a belt sander

Sizone fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 12, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

naem posted:

don' forget the dads that still use percolators .

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bonzo posted:

don' forget the dads that still use percolators .
There's a fish in the percolator!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just had some of this stuff and I can only imagine that dads would be all over this

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hard boiled eggs for lunch.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
All the things a dad needs in one can.

Nice!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

numberoneposter posted:

extra points if they were pre boiled and cold from a few nights back

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

Bonus with no salt or mayo just eat straight from shell

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Mayo on eggs? Are you all the way hosed in the head?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

how me a frog posted:

Mayo on eggs? Are you all the way hosed in the head?

Mayo is pretty much the traditional way to season hard boiled eggs. What do you think deviled eggs are?

I like em plain personally.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

There's a fish in the percolator!

Don't drink that coffee!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Someone tell me how to make SPAM into something delightful. My ex left me with 3 cans of it and it's too salty to just slap on a sandwich.

Late to the party but fry slices in soy sauce and sugar and eat with scrambled eggs.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wanna cook spam? Leeettssss plllayyyy... Ask. A. Polynesian!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQe9hnkCDTQ

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Kitsunegari posted:

Don't drink that coffee!

12 rainbow trout!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

why the heck do you think dads keep a collection of hot sauces around????

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

ArbitraryC posted:

Mayo is pretty much the traditional way to season hard boiled eggs. What do you think deviled eggs are?

I like em plain personally.

1) Mayo is not a seasoning.
2) deviled eggs are a recipe that uses boiled eggs as an ingredient. Hard boiled and deviled are not synonymous.
3) same thing with egg salad.
4) nobody eats whole hard boiled egg with Mayo as a condiment. That's gross.

Source:
https://youtu.be/tO1k2Y3o-iM

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

1) Mayo is not a seasoning.
2) deviled eggs are a recipe that uses boiled eggs as an ingredient. Hard boiled and deviled are not synonymous.
3) same thing with egg salad.
4) nobody eats whole hard boiled egg with Mayo as a condiment. That's gross.

Source:
https://youtu.be/tO1k2Y3o-iM

It's a thing in Europe. I still think it's gross though

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
A dad who mayo he own egg. A shameful dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Now I want to know exactly how one goes about "seasoning" a boiled egg with mayo. Are you dunking it in a dish of mayo? Eating a spoonful of mayo between each bite?

• Locked thread