Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Zamboni Jesus posted:

yesssssssssssss lima time

As a person who was saddled with Lima Time, I have bad news for you. gently caress LIMA TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

EvilBeard posted:

As a person who was saddled with Lima Time, I have bad news for you. gently caress LIMA TIME.

As someone who may very well roster '71 Aaron and '71 Stargell I advise all of you to employ Mr. Lima.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

I'm in assuming there's space.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Ivan Drago posted:

I'm in assuming there's space.

Of course! We're still looking for at least 8 more.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Can you re roll 72 Ken Forsch? I'm kinda bored by the choices.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

ArtVandelay posted:

Can you re roll 72 Ken Forsch? I'm kinda bored by the choices.

1993 Rick Sutcliffe

https://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/ballparks.asp?lid=1 Here's the full list of parks and their effects, by the way.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

1993 Rick Sutcliffe

https://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/ballparks.asp?lid=1 Here's the full list of parks and their effects, by the way.

Steroid era :awesomelon:

Edit: Ha, Sutcliffe is a disaster in 93. Offset because of the awesomeness of Sir Barrold. This is going to be fun.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 5, 2016

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
As always count me in if you end up needing one more to get a full league.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

E: If this reroll didn't happen yet I might actually stay put.

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 5, 2016

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I'd like in, last season was shameful

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

E: If this reroll didn't happen yet I might actually stay put.

Like it never happened

Bob Shabazz fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 5, 2016

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'll probably make 50 more of these, but I think every one of them will Bonds and Olerud, and probably Alomar too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

First quick n' dirty attempt.

Hello Astrodome doubles team.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Power of Pecota posted:

First quick n' dirty attempt.

Hello Astrodome doubles team.

I don't think Gooden is eligible since he is a horseman in '85. I made the same mistake with '00 Pedro.

But that offense looks like it's going to be running non-stop.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I'm gonna throw back 2004 Brian Anderson

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i'm probably going to re-roll jimmie foxx because gently caress the 1930s, but give me at least until tomorrow so i can actually see how 38 looks before making a decision

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

I'll probably make 50 more of these, but I think every one of them will Bonds and Olerud, and probably Alomar too.

Bonds is ineligible as well.

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I'm gonna throw back 2004 Brian Anderson

1977 Jack Billingham

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

Bonds is ineligible as well.

1977 Jack Billingham

You just ruined my life. I will never forgive you for this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

E: I'm dumb, '76 Joe Morgan's ineligible too. Back to the drawing board~

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

I'd like to roll '73 Tom Seaver. Never really liked him much.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I'm gonna have to reread the OP but I am certainly in.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think i've got my team here. Dingers and doubles in Fenway.

Starting pitching isn't great, but the strong relief should make up for it.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Ivan Drago posted:

I'd like to roll '73 Tom Seaver. Never really liked him much.

1924 Dazzy Vance

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Here's my first go

I got Barrold and Hammerin' Hank on the same team, all is right in the world

Little light on innings, though. Probably have to rework that.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

We're still looking for at least 6 more, not including the two that are willing to help us fill.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
re-roll jimmie foxx please

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Zamboni Jesus posted:

re-roll jimmie foxx please

1964 Willie Mays

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to re-roll Everett Scott, I don't know a whole lot about 1923 in baseball.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

JosefStalinator posted:

I'd like to re-roll Everett Scott, I don't know a whole lot about 1923 in baseball.

1958 Eddie Yost

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
I'll participate if you have gaps to fill. I vaguely remember how to do this...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Trying to figure out pitching and hitting with the high and low players is challenging. My love/hate relationship with WiS is rekindled.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
It is none of any other horsemen, right? So I can't pick e.g. 89 Boggs because he is a horseman in 87?

foolish_fool fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 8, 2016

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

foolish_fool posted:

It is none of any other horsemen, right? So I can't pick e.g. 89 Boggs because he is a horseman in 87?

Nope, 89 Boggs is fine. 87 Boggs (also 85) is ineligible, but other seasons are okay to use.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Looking for at least three more!

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I will take a reroll of 1996 Don Wengert

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm playing an OL and a guy has Matt Kilroy. He's started 6 of the first 9 games :stare:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

I will take a reroll of 1996 Don Wengert

2002 Denny Neagle

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
My lady and I are buying a house, and since that seemed like such an easy and chill process I got her pregnant too. Soon my offspring will be winning this league as well, get ready losers.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Accident Underwater posted:

My lady and I are buying a house, and since that seemed like such an easy and chill process I got her pregnant too. Soon my offspring will be winning this league as well, get ready losers.

Congrats on both accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Almost didn't want to do this for fear of getting 4 (or 5) poo poo years but whatever, sign me up.

• Locked thread