Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My neck hurts because I sat crooked and played dark Souls too long, how much paid time off do I get?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

google THIS posted:

alcoholism and menstruation: basically the same thing

Both can cause you to be bent over double and in pain (and puking in the sink while bent over double if it's been a really heavy night).

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

a starwar betamax posted:

Yeah but doesnt the pill make a woman's areas swell up and fill with milk?
during the spring and summer months the milk is reabsorbed back into the bones where it is originally produced (the "marrow" in bone marrow comes from the word mare) but during colder weather the milk will thicken and coagulate into lumpy deposits that must be broken down with vibrating heat bras

ChairmanMeow posted:

women need to start working together to spread as much funny information about periods as possible. Guys seriously have no idea.
thatd be mean

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i had to sit down on the floor behind the counter at my old job one time bc my cooch was being such a problem child that month it hurt too much to do literally anything and the way conservative grandma who worked with us told me to go have rough sex and it would help

my manager cried laughing when i told her about it

e: she gave me an ice pack and let me stand in the walk-in freezer and take a bunch of painkillers, so that was fun

Dr. Dogballs Jr. fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 4, 2016

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
what does feeling bloated even feel like. also do you shuffle around the house making mouth sounds pretending you're a zeppelin?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Tell you what. You can have period leave and we say no more about the wage gap. Deal?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

BigwigML posted:

what does feeling bloated even feel like. also do you shuffle around the house making mouth sounds pretending you're a zeppelin?

You know drat well better than most what bloated feels like

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
late 30s IT/STEM guy who is still incredibly bitter about not getting laid in HS or college,checking in here. well it seems to me that periods are basically bull poo poo.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

ChairmanMeow posted:

women need to start working together to spread as much funny information about periods as possible. Guys seriously have no idea.

did u know that period blood is acutely toxic to most plants and small animals

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
this is a small hippy company, who cares? the rest of the world bleeds at their desks

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

whoflungpoop posted:

o yea i was thinking of talking to my doctor next time about that just so i dont have to take a pill at the very exact same time every day and also avoid having an iud that a dick knocks loose and then falls out and sparks behind me like an old hoopty muffler

This is the best description of a copper iud I have ever read.

And I doubt these women are going to take a whole week off. Unless you have endo or something, most women only have 1-2 days of "oh god I want to die" levels of pain, and the rest of it can be easily treated with midol.

Although given that they revised down the safe limits of acetaminophen you can take in a day, this could be an attempt to avoid a lawsuit of the "work told me to take a midol and deal and now I need a liver transplant" variety.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ChairmanMeow posted:

Guys don't want to know about that poo poo. Periods are an incomprehensible horror to most of them.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 4, 2016

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I have to fart. Feeling bloated!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
*sits at desk, blood streaming from vag, nose, and eyes*
Mondays, you know?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Pawn 17 posted:

I have to fart. Feeling bloated!

a baby is just a really big fart when you think about it

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Women tend to poop and fart more during their periods because of the change in their hormones

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Pththya-lyi posted:

Guys don't want to know about that poo poo. Periods are an incomprehensible horror to most of them.

Vaginal blood is just one of the many fluids coming out of the human body that I do not want to discuss

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I support the segregation of menstrual women for reasons of hygiene, mental health, general morale and as a reminder of the Gender Binary.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Pawl posted:

Vaginal blood is just one of the many fluids coming out of the human body that I do not want to discuss

Oh, you're no fun.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

also yall get weiners and theyre fun to play with i dont know how any of yall even make it to work, funerals, etc on time and resist playing with them 24/7

same way you soldier through life resisting the urge to play with your boobs i guess

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

that companys like 90% female 100% far left so lol if you think any normal co is gonna let bitches take paid days off for being red sails in the sunset

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

solaranus posted:

Maybe women should just stop being so lazy and irrational. Dudes are obviously the superior and logical sex as they drain their genitals once a day and have much less problems while also being much more productive in the sex gunk competition.

once a day? what are you, a eunuch?

i clean out my prostate gravy no less than four times every day, sometimes more. frankly i think any less than that just isn't manly.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I swear I remember reading about separating ritually unclean women from men somewhere

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I have anxiety and depression which causes me real psychic and emotional pain and I want to get away from the responsibilities of my job like a dozen times every day

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

also yall get weiners and theyre fun to play with i dont know how any of yall even make it to work, funerals, etc on time and resist playing with them 24/7

Resist?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pawl posted:

Dudes like to talk about their semen a lot but you don't see me complaining

Even if it does have the appearance and consistency of snot

Just saying

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pththya-lyi posted:

Dudes like to talk about their semen a lot but you don't see me complaining

Even if it does have the appearance and consistency of snot

Just saying

Mines more like a juice smoothie with pineapple and V8

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Lol, the 'business' began when the owners of the office space gave it to their friends, but in the form of an arts/community enrichment not for profit. It's one of the best rich person scams. You gift your arty socialite friends a place to hang and a yearly salary and its all tax deductible.

DONALDTRUMPPENIS
Mar 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

Moon Atari posted:

Lol, the 'business' began when the owners of the office space gave it to their friends, but in the form of an arts/community enrichment not for profit. It's one of the best rich person scams. You gift your arty socialite friends a place to hang and a yearly salary and its all tax deductible.

do you get to gently caress your arty socialite friends?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
"when women are having their periods they are in a winter state, when they need to regroup, keep warm and nourish their bodies."

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Man invented business to get work done away from women while they were on their period so it's really just a return to the natural order.

• Locked thread