Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Seattle still sucks, worst team to win the cup ever, IMO. Only ones to win it without scoring from the field of play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Notice how you're posting in this thread, and not the playoff thread

There's a reason for that

eternal blue forever green

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

:gizz:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Sigi was a fat fraud holding us back.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jack2142 posted:

Sigi was a fat fraud holding us back.

This is the second time he's been fired mid season to be replaced by someone worse who rides an exceptional player's coattails to MLS Cup.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

This is the second time he's been fired mid season to be replaced by someone worse who rides an exceptional player's coattails to MLS Cup.

This is also true.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

leave it to Jozy to gently caress it up for everyone

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
He built the core of it all. If he hadn't assembled it, we wouldn't have gotten there, but I think he definitely had a ceiling he couldn't get past with us for some reason.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Was Taters posted:

He built the core of it all. If he hadn't assembled it, we wouldn't have gotten there, but I think he definitely had a ceiling he couldn't get past with us for some reason.

It's called being fired a week before the perfect player for your team that you did all the legwork for shows up.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

It's called being fired a week before the perfect player for your team that you did all the legwork for shows up.

Torres' injury also was really devastating, and he came back to practice two weeks before Sigo got canned.

It's all right, he'll probably knock us out of the playoffs with his next team.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
This final is going to look so dated and lovely in four minutes

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Congrats Seattle folks, it's a drat fine feeling isn't it?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

That was...not the best advertisement for soccer, but hot drat Frei was good.

highme
May 25, 2001

Welcome to GBS posted:

Seattle still sucks, worst team to win the cup ever, IMO. Only ones to win it without scoring from the field of play.

Have you considered posting on Big Soccer or Reddit?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

That was...not the best advertisement for soccer, but hot drat Frei was good.

That was the MLS brand. It was rough as hell and equally matched, but far from artful. I enjoyed it because both teams played very stingy and fought hard, and honestly the biggest flaw was the officiating. And even that was by no means at its worst.

Shootout for a cup is weird, but it's no worse than Portland fooling the keeper and getting a goal on a confusing play.

Bottom line, I had fun so gently caress the haters.

highme
May 25, 2001

porkface posted:

Shootout for a cup is weird, but it's no worse than Portland fooling the keeper and getting a goal on a confusing play.

I only wish Lovell Palmer was there to sky the ball over the cross bar on the last kick.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

porkface posted:

LOL if you think they're gonna have a replay for a cup final.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
"Okay, here's all the things we can print stuff on. Which ones should we get for the champions."
"Yes"

http://www.mlsstore.com/Seattle_Sounders_FC_Gear/Seattle_Sounders_FC_2016_MLS_Cup_Champions_Desktop_Calculator
http://www.mlsstore.com/Seattle_Sounders_FC_Gear/Seattle_Sounders_FC_2016_MLS_Cup_Champions_8GB_Credit_Card_Style_USB_Flash_Drive
http://www.mlsstore.com/Seattle_Sounders_FC_Gear/Seattle_Sounders_FC_2016_MLS_Cup_Champions_2-in-1_USB_Charger
http://www.mlsstore.com/Seattle_Sounders_FC_Gear/Seattle_Sounders_FC_2016_MLS_Cup_Champions_Wireless_USB_Keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'm gonna leave the playoff thread open so Seattle can have their fun, but for all else use this! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801271

• Locked thread