Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

That game was so loving bad and I wish I hadn't made the trip to RFK.

Metro was packed with dumbshit tourists who don't know to stand on the right and walk on the left when using escalators and I hate it.

Everything is terrible and bad until maybe next week.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Why was there an international break for most teams but not all of them? That seems really weird to me.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Teams had the choice whether or not to play on international breaks, apparently.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's nice to know that the Rapids aren't the worst team in the league.

For now.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Star Man posted:

It's nice to know that the Rapids aren't the worst team in the league.

For now.

With single entity, we're all the worst team in the league! Hooray!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tigren posted:

With single entity, we're all the worst team in the league! Hooray!

When everyone is dogshit, no one is dogsh...wait, no, that's wrong, we're still all dogshit

Ciprian Maricon posted:

That game was so loving bad and I wish I hadn't made the trip to RFK.

Metro was packed with dumbshit tourists who don't know to stand on the right and walk on the left when using escalators and I hate it.

Everything is terrible and bad until maybe next week.

A simple loud "EXCUSE ME" does the trick. None of that limp barely mouthed "excuse me" people like to give on Metro. Not sure why people do that, beyond hating interacting with anybody.

This is speaking as someone who fights through cherry blossom crowds at L'Enfant daily this time of year. The tourists get the gently caress out of the way.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

MechaFrogzilla posted:

When everyone is dogshit, no one is dogsh...wait, no, that's wrong, we're still all dogshit

A simple loud "EXCUSE ME" does the trick. None of that limp barely mouthed "excuse me" people like to give on Metro. Not sure why people do that, beyond hating interacting with anybody.

This is speaking as someone who fights through cherry blossom crowds at L'Enfant daily this time of year. The tourists get the gently caress out of the way.

Cosigned. Be rude.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

after all these years I'm pretty adept at shoving my way through hordes of slack jawed yokels, its still a massive pain in the rear end

speaking of, its kind of amazing that none of the metro people who have to spend 8 hours a day showing confused randoms how to put money on fare cards have committed a murder, i don't think i could manage a single hour of that torture

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

At least you guys have escalators.

A lot of El stations still just have stairs, most of which are soaked with years of bodily fluids and trash.

In MLS news: the Fire might sign some rando from Hungary? :shrug:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Is Robbie Keane still considered newsworthy? He's apparently having knee surgery and will be out for awhile.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

4-6 weeks. At least we won a couple games early that we would usually have tied or lost.

Hopefully this means McBean gets more chances with the first team.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

4-6 weeks. At least we won a couple games early that we would usually have tied or lost.

Hopefully this means McBean gets more chances with the first team.

He just got named captain of Los Dos, I'm not sure they'll give him up now. We have Mike Magee and Alan Gordon to fill in.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Keane hasn't been setting the world on fire and both of his goals have been off penalties if I remember correctly.

I'd like to see BJ IV get some minutes at forward if he's out.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

So, uh, I think Bakary Soumare is having some issues.

He's been posting a bunch of bizarre Periscope videos making threats directed towards Fire owner Andrew Hauptman.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

More like Chicago is a badly run organization like DC and Philly etc and more of these things will begin to emerge over time

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

No one is denying that, and that kind of stuff has been coming out over the last few years already (see Hunter Jumper). But this is a new level of bizarre.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Hello Towel posted:

He's been posting a bunch of bizarre Periscope videos making threats directed towards Fire owner Andrew Hauptman.

How exactly does this differ from any other Fire fan though?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Tally Hall to DC, because Worra isn't ready and Tally Hall is objectively better.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Tally Hall to DC, because Worra isn't ready and Tally Hall is objectively better.

Has he learned to land goal kicks on the proper side of the sideline yet?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Today is the day DC wins a game of foot.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
People are bitching something fierce about the Revs not kicking the ball out on that break yesterday. No soccer team on planet Earth would kick a ball out like that on the break, and especially not after the Red Bulls tried to spear like five players in the first half. Bunch of cry-babies if you ask me.

If you want to blame Geiger for being limp dicked on the pitch, go for it. But the Revs played the game the way it was supposed to be played.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
thanks for the latest twitter meltdown update, person with an avatar of peyton manning making GBS threads into thomas brady's mouth

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Fucitol posted:

avatar of peyton manning making GBS threads into thomas brady's mouth

significantly better than 98% of the avatars on this forum and i didn't even have to make it myself! SAS is truly a gift of god

wait wait wait i'm not supposed to post like that in here! let me rephrase: thanks for the latest off-topic shitpost in which you took an excessive amount of time out of your day to point out a poo poo-related avatar. bizarre obsession with feces duly noted

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Turdsdown Tom posted:

significantly better than 98% of the avatars on this forum and i didn't even have to make it myself! SAS is truly a gift of god

wait wait wait i'm not supposed to post like that in here! let me rephrase: thanks for the latest off-topic shitpost in which you took an excessive amount of time out of your day to point out a poo poo-related avatar. bizarre obsession with feces duly noted

don't do this.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

fútbol, not football

:smug:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
great job, everyone. we're really setting the bar here for great posting.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

How has Waston played for Vancouver lately? He was amazing on both games for the national team .

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
HOORAY A TEAM WORSE THAN US

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So San Jose looks decent enough but Birnbaum makes all the difference in the back and Worra is doing a fine job stuffing some shots.

The worlds largest outdoor bar looks like a bunch of dudes bored watching a live game as if they're stuck in a lovely bar miles away. What's the point of going to a game if you're just gonna sit there like a bum

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Simone Poodoin posted:

How has Waston played for Vancouver lately? He was amazing on both games for the national team .

Waston honestly turned from a walking card machine into a pretty good centre back, he is a beast in the air and any team that really tries to lob in crosses against the caps will have a terrible time.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

HOORAY A TEAM WORSE THAN US

This. Thanks, Montreal!

E. And this was without Drogba. God, Seattle is bad this year. :-/

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 3, 2016

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

So the Dynamo lost 0-1 last week to Vancouver. They should have played better and scored a goal.

BUT...

Masato Kudo went down in the box earning Vancouver a PK that led to the lone goal of the game. This week Masato Kudo got a suspension from the disciplinary committee for simulation on the same play. He dove. They suspended him for it. I guess that's a good thing, but it doesn't bring that point back for Houston :/

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Q wins http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/24/mascot-mania-bracket

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

He's staring into my soul.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Jack2142 posted:

Waston honestly turned from a walking card machine into a pretty good centre back, he is a beast in the air and any team that really tries to lob in crosses against the caps will have a terrible time.

See also: Vancouver @ Seattle a couple of weeks ago. The Sounders played right into his strength, lobbing in cross after cross. We created approximately zero chances from those crosses.

Meanwhile, he should have gotten a card for this, but instead it was just called a foul by much-shittier-since-WC2014 ref Mark Geiger.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Jack2142 posted:

Yeah he has improved that a lot and is pretty much unbeatable in the air, not only due to his size but because he improved his positioning a lot.

Xylorjax posted:

Meanwhile, he should have gotten a card for this, but instead it was just called a foul by much-shittier-since-WC2014 ref Mark Geiger.

That's more like the Waston I remember lol

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

If the Fire don't win at NYCFC this week, they will tie the record for longest away winless streak.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Okay, which one of you assholes is this?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

plainswalker75 posted:

Okay, which one of you assholes is this?

This belongs in the weekend web thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A representative from the Union called me today to ask about my "Union experience"

That was a fun conversation.

• Locked thread