Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I'm new here. I come from the internet Elite Dangerous, a game about spaceships which actually is a real game that works and has gameplay in it. I recently made the mistake of mentioning Star Citizen on /r/elitedangerous. I mentioned it once, I don't think I got away with it.

14 years to make Elite? What? I'm done with these guys. They have infected every single forum and comments section like a loving cancer, and I cannot read their bullshit any more. Listen to this horseshit, you can see my comments he replied to.

What in the actual gently caress. I always thought folks were exaggerating about these guys, this is your actual real life bone fide see the doctor poo poo.

Isn't that last one a doozy? Isn't it? Looking at their website, reading up on what their trying to make, watching videos of the loving STATE OF IT and casually pointing out that it looks like a trainwreck is "Spreading Misinformation".

I've actually had enough of these guys, they are loving all over everything with this evangelical loving bullshit. Any moron with at least one eye and one braincell can tell at a distance of half a mile that the game is an absolute shambles. The engine physically cannot do what is being asked of it, it has nothing to do with being unfinished.

And do you know what this guy did? Do you know what this Optix334 guy went and did after I started ignoring him? He sent me a link to the latest RSI Monthly update. Are you loving kidding me. As if reading it will all of sudden make this pile of poo poo suddenly be an actual game.

So I've posted this all here and surely this guy will see it and know who I am and you know what, I couldn't give a gently caress anymore. There is no games journalism worth a toss any more in this industry, and there is something very very wrong with these guys who seem to be completely oblivious and genuinely in denial about it all.

I've voiced a hell of a lot of strong criticism at Elite and given mighty credit when it's due as well. It's an amazing piece of work and there's more to it than most people, even guys with hundreds of hours, realise. And it's getting trash talked by these fuckers? And this dude is hating on NMS too?

gently caress them, gently caress them gently caress them gently caress them gently caress them.

Thank you, I got my $10 worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Oh for fucks sake.

Please move this to the SC thread...

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Get therapy. You spend a lot of time thinking about imaginary spaceships.

Sgt. Briar
Jun 28, 2014
i think you need to help yourself first bro haha :gary:

• Locked thread