Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
There are legends of a land beyond the Void. The land is said to be riddled with treasures to satisfy your deepest cravings and lusts, should you manage to make it through. The Void is an unforgiving realm, with deceit and death at every crevice. With only brief respites from the darkness to illuminate the path and the puzzles that lay waiting to eliminate the unprepared, the Void has seized thousands of adventurers, tainted and doomed to wander the blackened paths forever as they serve the malevolence of the realm; they hunt those that would dare take the challenge and prey on the unsuspecting.

This is the place in which you find yourself, waking to see companions beside you. You remember entering the Void to challenge your skills, to test your worth, and seize the treasures beyond. It has been some time since you have entered the Void, although how long it is tough to say without the sun and stars to track. As you wake, you notice your numbers have grown. Surely, amongst you there must be some of the Tainted, delivered by the Void to eliminate the weak and deny access to the world beyond. You try to remember who you entered with, but are instead met with a stinging headache that burns away all the faces of your memory, leaving yourself and grey blotches in your mind having faced the trials of the past. Who was your friend when you entered the Void? Who is the traitor to be cut down before too late? Unfortunately, there is not time to sit around and figure it out; the Void consumes those that stay too still. You must figure out who is against you while keeping on the move, making sure you make the right choices as you go. Pray your allies among the faces can help you to the land beyond, and eliminate those that would divert you from your true victory.

Everyone has woken, and the paths are illuminated outside of the campsite you made for the night.

A decision must be made, and the group must be united. Splitting up at this point is not advisable, you would never see each other again and the united strength of your party should give you time while you try to hunt the enemy amongst your group. A quick discussion confirms your fears; everyone has suffered the same amnesia and is unsure of who their allies are. It is agreed that all members of the group will follow through with the majority vote for the next step, and each day someone will be left to be consumed by the void.
  1. To the north, you see a cavern with a solitary torch at the entry way emanating a dull glow. A sign of life perhaps, or a trap? If it was life, is it friendly? Is it even communicable? Who knows where the cavern leads; there are no dead-ends in the Void, only death for making the wrong decision.

2. And to the East, a path through a thick wood. You hear the rustling of leaves, but in the dim light of your torch it is hard to say for sure where the sound is coming from. The woods could be safer, with at least a chance to react to what comes from beyond the trees…although, it may be too much and you could end up watching your own death instead.

3. And then to the South, what appears to be a clear path up to the top of a large hill. It may give you a better view of the surrounding area, maybe a way-marker to follow on your quest. Or perhaps there is a beast awaiting you at the top, to consume you after the exhaustion from climbing the hill.

And so the true trial of the Void begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello and welcome! This is a pilot of a new kind of game I would like to run more regularly, which is a crossover of mafia and CYOA. For any new players, I'll be willing to answer any questions you have during the game via PMs, and if you do not have PMs I will probably be willing to get them for you. During the day phases, the game will proceed like normal mafia play and will end by lynching a player. At the end of the day, the flip will be posted and the group will be given anywhere from 2-5 possible choices to decide on what to do next. During the night phase, in addition to any other action, players will PM their choice of what action to take to me and I will tally them. The results of this choice can have a variety of possible changes on the day phase (instant death for a player, information reveals, changes to actions during the day, etc). Nights will be a strict 24 hour maximum. If all night acting roles have submitted actions and a majority has been reached on the choice to take, the day will open earlier. You can only submit a choice once. Nights will be open for discussion of the action people want to take.

Ground Rules
  • Standard Mafia rules apply. Standard Mafia Rules
  • This is a 25 player, closed setup game.
  • Nights will be open, meaning players can discuss game things during the night phase
  • Flavor may or may not be relevant in this game regarding player roles. It's your decision how much you reveal.
  • Do. Not. Lurk. Game days will be 36-48 hours (weekends count as 24), and I expect at least 5 posts per game day. Due to the nature of this game, I will not be accepting replacements and will not hesitate to modkill players regardless of the balance issues that come with it. You will get one warning.
  • As stated above, for the CYOA portion you can only make a choice once. No choices after the first will be accepted.
  • If not everyone has submitted a choice by the end of the night phase, the majority choice will happen.

When you sign up, please PM me your choice for the first action the party takes!
  1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. Asiina
  3. Barehanded Brother
  4. BottleKnight
  5. Chic Trombone
  6. imgay
  7. JakeP
  8. Jimson
  9. Khris Kruel
  10. King Burgundy
  11. kordansk
  12. Lumpen
  13. Murmur Twin
  14. Podima
  15. Quidnose
  16. Rarity
  17. The Ninth Layer
  18. TMMadman

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't read but sign me up

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I'm in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Only going to be able to phone post for a week starting Sunday if the game starts by then, but I'll give this a shot.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill sign up

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll play!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This looks cool

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

It won't be

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

It won't be

lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

It won't be

:lol:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jimson posted:

It won't be

Well sure I'm playing now, so that's a given :tipshat:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
uhh i might signup, but im definitely gonna be reading this one atleast

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sure

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not reading that OP, but I am signing up.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I will play the mafia.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pm sent

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This looks flavor-heavy. I love flavor. In.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay sure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

pm sent

Everyone not reading the OP, please realize you are leaving your fate in imgay's hands.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Everyone not reading the OP, please realize you are leaving your fate in imgay's hands.

im good with that

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JakeP posted:

im good with that

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my gentle hands will guide us

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

And mine don't forget mine. Guys guys and mine

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sure! Sign me up!

Gonna read the OP and send in a thing!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i picked the orphanage heist route

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Hey kashuno! I don't have PM's and you said you'd be willing yo buy it for people but instead you should send me the money for PM's and i will buy it myself. Promise.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimson posted:

Hey kashuno! I don't have PM's and you said you'd be willing yo buy it for people but instead you should send me the money for PM's and i will buy it myself. Promise.

did someone buy you PMs in the past five minutes or are you lying

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

did someone buy you PMs in the past five minutes or are you lying

He has PMs. He's hosted mafia games before.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

idgi

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Me and my 20 ults don't have PMs either, please just paypal me the money and I'll take care of the hassle of buying them all myself.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jimson wants money from kashuno

:cripes: this isnt THAT difficult

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

jimson wants money from kashuno

:cripes: this isnt THAT difficult

I was giving jimson too much credit, by thinking he might've actually been trying to be funny.

cool it mister

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

i picked the orphanage heist route

Put me down for this kash

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So, use it, and send five dollars to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay, eternal happiness is just five dollars away.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I was giving jimson too much credit, by thinking he might've actually been trying to be funny.

cool it mister

Hey man! I am funny!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jimson posted:

Hey man! I am funny!

:captainpop:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

This needs attention

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

This needs attention

Yes, more people should join this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we're over half way at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I'm in as long as we know I'll be writing in my own options

• Locked thread