Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Asspire posted:

I have a 2008 GPW that just hit 40k miles. How difficult was the valve adjustment. I have been excessively anal with all of my maintenance so far and I want to keep it up.

Also I vote for the AP2 bumper with AP2 OEM lip. I really never liked the look of the CR bumper/lip, it seems a little extreme for the rest of the lines on the car.

It's not a difficult job but it requires using feeler gauges to set the tolerances, and there isn't much room for error. If you've never done it you can gently caress it up without knowing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Stock is fine, unless you want ride height adjustment or like fiddling with knobs for compression/rebound it's pretty hard to beat stock setup until you hit ohlin level.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

hedgegnome posted:

Yeah, but only around 5-600 if i do it myself!

Which looks like a horrible task that ill most likely never do.

If you can find a good condition one off a wreck it takes the hassle of having to do all the rivet work.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
It happens to pretty much every s2000, I think it's just heat soak. I had an AEM V2 and it would happen on really hot days. The only thing that worked for me was lightly accelerating and staying constant throttle if it started hesistating, after a second or two it stops pulling timing.

There's the second kind of bucking that occurs since even really slight movements will adjust the throttle but that can happen at any rpm in low gears.