Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the next Tony Stark?
No one, force Robert Downey Jr to be Stark forever, because that'she how the real world works. Remember how they did it with James Bond and Doctor Who?
Robert Downey Jr Jr
Leonardo Dickaprio
Keeanoo Reeves
NorMAN Reedus
That one dude from that hbo show that I like.
Remake all the Mcu movies, but swap races and genders to ensure equal representation. Toni Stark, anyone?
View Results

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Rdj is tired of being in literal children's movies, so Disney is going to have to replace him with someone else. Even though there are plenty of actors capable of being Tony Stark, we all know that people will never accept anyone else except the original.

My prediction: There will never be another stand alone ironman movie. Ironman will only appear in-suit, and will be voiced by a computer program that sounds like Robert Downey Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

make next iron man a girl, toni stark

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

www posted:

I am from the future and can confirm this

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Meryl Streep as the Iron Lady, an alcoholic rich person who thinks they can save the world but just fucks things up

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

www posted:

Question: will her armor have knockers?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

DaveSplitter posted:

Rdj is tired of being in literal children's movies, so Disney is going to have to replace him with someone else. Even though there are plenty of actors capable of being Tony Stark, we all know that people will never accept anyone else except the original.

My prediction: There will never be another stand alone ironman movie. Ironman will only appear in-suit, and will be voiced by a computer program that sounds like Robert Downey Jr.

I hope they pick the guy who is doing hte new lex luthor for tony stark.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i hope a woman or A Black, whichever makes comic nerds more apoplectic.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Applewhite posted:

how else will she protect her boobs idiot

Aug 4, 2010

Applewhite posted:

yea ofc

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They should cast original fanboy dream casting choice (and the best 007) Timothy Dalton.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Iron Man is now collectively comprised of Tony Toni Tone Stark

Aug 4, 2010

Applewhite posted:

big ones

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Why don't they just replace him with Tom Hiddleston and get him to grow facial hair?

It can be like an MCU meta joke that Loki is actually Tyler durden

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Applewhite posted:

Yeah, probably with Iron Nipples to boot

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
RDJ is probably an E/N success story (somehow).

Makes u think..

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost

www posted:

She should be Tonya Stark and just rubber stamp an "a" at the end of all his business cards. This is the most fiscally responsible solution.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

All I see here is severe anterior pelvic tilt. She'd need to see a physio immediately.

Me gay, so what.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ocrassus posted:

Me gay, so what.

Oh we got skimpy Iron Man costumes for that too

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ahundredbux posted:

how else will she protect her boobs idiot

Woman Stark would have to have a double masectomy to make room for the electromagnet

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Toilet Mouth posted:

Woman Stark would have to have a double masectomy to make room for the electromagnet

Actually, her boobs are replace with electo magnets. And her nipples are arc reactors.

Whiplash will be the film's main villain, followed by the Mandarin in the sequel.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
but but but my childhood

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Timothy Olyphant

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Toilet Mouth posted:

that's why the armor would have boobs on it

so she could relive the days when she had boobs

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
If I was him I'd never quit. I'd keep banking that sweet nerd cash and buy something stupid like an NBA team.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

God drat that's a good costume.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Tonetta

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

:shepface:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

To actually answer the OP's question it is possible that someone could deliver such a memorable performance as Tony Stark that fans are willing to place the depiction on a level with the original, eg Nicholson Joker, Hamill Joker, and Ledger Joker all being treated roughly equally instead of one being the "true" portrayal

but that's not exactly likely esp if all the other actors in the movie are the same which would make the new guy look out-of-place no matter what

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

loquacius posted:

To actually answer the OP's question it is possible that someone could deliver such a memorable performance as Tony Stark that fans are willing to place the depiction on a level with the original, eg Nicholson Joker, Hamill Joker, and Ledger Joker all being treated roughly equally instead of one being the "true" portrayal

but that's not exactly likely esp if all the other actors in the movie are the same which would make the new guy look out-of-place no matter what

I honestly think Tim Olyphant could do it in the exact same manner and it wouldn't seem out of place, but aside from that, they'd have to recast everyone and hope for the best

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No crotch bulge. 3/10

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Fashionable Jorts posted:

No crotch bulge. 3/10

wait till the transgender community hears about this

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Just never shoot iron man outside of the suit, dont even need to recast a handsome leading man

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Michael J Anderson would be my personal pick.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

BigBoss posted:

If I was him I'd never quit. I'd keep banking that sweet nerd cash and buy something stupid like an NBA team.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Comic book movies are mainstream, time for all the big name actors to start taking parts.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Brony Stark?

That's topical

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

only if the new iron man is a musical

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He got 75 million+ from Iron man 3. He's not quitting poo poo.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'm expecting them to kill off Tony Stark, but have him make an AI of himself, so they can have RDJr wise cracking wihout him being Iron Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

He got 75 million+ from Iron man 3. He's not quitting poo poo.

eh with the whole ~marvel cinematic universe~ he might be contractually obliged to show up in a bunch of their other movies even if only as minor characters

realistically if any of these actors dont want to be involved anymore they're just going to reboot the chatacter with a slightly more obscure story from a comic they pulled out of their rear end. theres like a dozen alternate reality/timeline/person versions of like every comic book story ark

• Locked thread