Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It would be funny as gently caress if all Hogan ends up getting out of this case is a bill for Gawker's attorney's fees and a perjury charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

whats V. Stiviano up to these days

Last I heard, begging Sterling to tell the truth about their relationship while he was married before he dies

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Dear Florida legal system: please ensure that the outcome to this trial is at least somewhat hilarious. Thank you.

Also Hulk Micropenis Hogan would be a good SA username.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I mean, it's Florida.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Senerio posted:

I mean, it's Florida.

I'd be surprised if the judge didn't serve everybody involved with DUIs. It's not like the judicial system in Florida tends to have any other outcome.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Angular Landbury posted:

I'd be surprised if the judge didn't serve everybody involved with DUIs. It's not like the judicial system in Florida tends to have any other outcome.

It's Florida.

What else are you gonna do?

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Of course the sex tape is a work. It's Hulk Hogan and scummy fat gently caress Bubba the Lovesponge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Biggest Icon in Wrestling would never do anything of the sort. I believe in Woody.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Of course the sex tape is a work. It's Hulk Hogan and scummy fat gently caress Bubba the Lovesponge.

No poo poo, given all of the harebrained money making schemes Hogan came up with over the years. Suing Gawker is yet another one of those schemes. The greatest work will be convincing the jury that he didn't know about it.

Your honour, it was Hollywood Hulk Hogan who set up the sextape deal. Terry Bollea had no knowledge of it, they are two different people. My wrestling persona made me do it, and the public release is unconscionable.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So any word on those documents?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Teddybear posted:

So any word on those documents?

I believe they are unsealed tomorrow morning

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

oatgan posted:

I believe they are unsealed tomorrow morning

God, I hope it's something that fucks Hogan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Teddybear posted:

God, I hope it's something that fucks Hogan.

So bad that a verdict's reached this month

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I want to know where Mr. America is in all this. I bet he's the true mastermind.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

My biggest disappointment in this trial is that the judge allowed Hogan to wear his bandana.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Hogan's lawyer is melting down during the closing arguments, but knowing this is a florida jury it's probably going to pay off for him.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Is someone gonna upload a highlights package of this trial? It happening while I was at work kinda dampened my ability to watch.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Senerio posted:

Is someone gonna upload a highlights package of this trial? It happening while I was at work kinda dampened my ability to watch.

The package is gonna be smaller than they claimed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Hogan's lawyer is melting down during the closing arguments, but knowing this is a florida jury it's probably going to pay off for him.

Melting down, how, exactly? Like, Law and Order style?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Melting down, how, exactly? Like, Law and Order style?

he made hulk make a sad face as a legit tactic in a closing arguments. dude is flailing considering the documents are gettin' released this afternoon.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah at 4 we get to know Hogan's deepest secrets.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I hope it comes out that he did sleep with Elizabeth which would justify macho man's paranoia.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

he made hulk make a sad face as a legit tactic in a closing arguments. dude is flailing considering the documents are gettin' released this afternoon.

I think I missed it in the thread or something, what docs are being released?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I think I missed it in the thread or something, what docs are being released?

it's covered pretty well in this article: http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/284555/hulk-hogan-trying-to-hide-fbi-documents/

basically a lot of testimony that this judge ordered sealed that has the potential to directly contradict the party line that the prosecution put forwards.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
General consensus judging from Hogan's reaction is that the documents contain proof that Hogan knew he was being filmed, which would leave his case dead in the water.

e: VVV Oh yeah, the perjury, too, can't forget that. VVV

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 18, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

better than leaving his case dead in the water, theyre probably going to show he lied under oath in the course of suing a website for publishing something he intentionally created and promoted for the purposes of publicity

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If Hogan gets out of this without getting in trouble and actually does get paid then he truly is the greatest worker of all time.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
and now the prosecution is openly trying to distract from the defense's closing argument by changing seats loudly and one lawyer storming out of the courtroom. this judge isn't being the smallest bit capricious about her favor in this case.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

and now the prosecution is openly trying to distract from the defense's closing argument by changing seats loudly and one lawyer storming out of the courtroom. this judge isn't being the smallest bit capricious about her favor in this case.

ugh

but these presumably documents are being released before the jury decides on a verdict, right? I haven't been paying that close attention

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Thauros posted:

ugh

but these presumably documents are being released before the jury decides on a verdict, right? I haven't been paying that close attention

I'm no big city lawyer, but I'd speculate that the jury will not be viewing media reports on unsealed documents relating to the trial during their deliberations

The Hulkster is going to drop the big leg on Gawker, put them out of business, and then get destroyed himself in the process. The ultimate win-win scenario, brother.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If the documents get to the jury, and the judge finds out, it's a mistrial.

If these say what everyone is acting like they say, then I have no idea how the judge blocked these from the courtroom.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I T ' S A W O R K

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm no big city lawyer, but I'd speculate that the jury will not be viewing media reports on unsealed documents relating to the trial during their deliberations

The Hulkster is going to drop the big leg on Gawker, put them out of business, and then get destroyed himself in the process. The ultimate win-win scenario, brother.

its actually Kinda Bad to fraudulently use the court system and public resources to put a company out of business for no reason

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wouldn't the unsealed documents be a part of Gawker's appeal if they lose the lawsuit? It's not like this ends the second a jury puts in a verdict.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Super No Vacancy posted:

its actually Kinda Bad to fraudulently use the court system and public resources to put a company out of business for no reason

First we don't even know what the documents are yet and I'm assuming the judge had a reason for blocking them, second there are a ton of reasons Gawker should be out of business, such as every piece of testimony in the trial. When your argument is 'sure we posted a private sex tape that we believed to be secretly filmed and refused to take it down when the person in it requested it, but it was important to the public to see Hulk Hogan's python so it's ok' you deserve to lose.

Don't get me wrong, if the documents turn out to show that Hogan was lying the entire time, he should end up in prison, which would also be hilarious. But Gawker has done everything they can to make themselves look as bad as possible throughout this entire case.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Wouldn't the unsealed documents be a part of Gawker's appeal if they lose the lawsuit? It's not like this ends the second a jury puts in a verdict.

Only if the Judge was wrong to exclude them. You can't really appeal on the grounds of 'actually, we should have won' if the trial was "fair"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im not reading your post youre dumb

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Super No Vacancy posted:

im not reading your post youre dumb

Good. You're about the only person on earth defending Gawker's lovely empire in order to troll a thread about Hulk Hogan's dick on something awful dot com so I'd prefer you ignored everyone's posts and just started your own thread about how cool and good sex tapes of quasi-celebrities are and how it's a big first amendment issue that the public be allowed to view them

thanks

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Good. You're about the only person on earth defending Gawker's lovely empire in order to troll a thread about Hulk Hogan's dick on something awful dot com so I'd prefer you ignored everyone's posts and just started your own thread about how cool and good sex tapes of quasi-celebrities are and how it's a big first amendment issue that the public be allowed to view them

thanks

wow you're fun.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i can tell you haven't been following the trial if you actually think gawker has come across worse than hulk hogan's team of clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
things are going to get lit

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/710878792034754560

• Locked thread