Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

i can tell you haven't been following the trial if you actually think gawker has come across worse than hulk hogan's team of clowns

as bad as i think hogans attorneys looked overall - even controlling for the fact that the law is against them - my favorite part was still the moronic UF professor they had as an expert journalism witness who i understand is revered like a god at that school and he came across like a fossil and got wrecked on cross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Even though it has nothing to do with this case that whole thing about the ex-Gawker guy putting up an image of a nobody girl getting hosed in a bathroom and then going "tough break that's life" when begged to take it down doesn't exactly make Gawker seem like the good guys either. Can we just put that guy and Hogan in jail?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i also understand the judge has been coming across v poorly both from her inexplicable rulings to seal the fbi documents and to quash bubba's subpoena and one of those has already been overturned but basically what a trial i will miss it

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i also understand the judge has been coming across v poorly both from her inexplicable rulings to seal the fbi documents and to quash bubba's subpoena and one of those has already been overturned but basically what a trial i will miss it

Hey now, it might not be over yet.

Maybe the jury will rule in favor of The Hulkster and we'll get the rematch at Summerfest.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm rooting against the woodmaster

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Require More Fire posted:

Even though it has nothing to do with this case that whole thing about the ex-Gawker guy putting up an image of a nobody girl getting hosed in a bathroom and then going "tough break that's life" when begged to take it down doesn't exactly make Gawker seem like the good guys either. Can we just put that guy and Hogan in jail?

yeah that was basically the worst and reason A1 for thinking daulerio is poo poo assuming there was a question of consent. video not image so even worse. also it was on deadspin not gawker which is different editorial. but no you actually cant just put people in jail for being scummy and obnoxious

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Super No Vacancy posted:

but no you actually cant just put people in jail for being scummy and obnoxious

This is an outrage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would jail so many people

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There would be no wrestlers left

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

There would be no wrestlers left

Bayley

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

the ross ulbricht defense

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bayley vs Zayn in all matches forever and ever, amen

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This case and thread have owned for entertainment value. god bless you all :munch:

I am so hype for these documents

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So what's the deal with these documents? Why are they being released now as opposed to earlier?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The documents are going to reveal Hogan was born a poor black child. He remembers the days, sittin' on the porch with his family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi. BROTHER!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

keevo posted:

So what's the deal with these documents? Why are they being released now as opposed to earlier?

The judge sealed them and excluded them from trial. An appeals court held they were wrong to do so.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
If the only information there is "Bubba said Hulk knew" without any actual evidence, I can see why it might have gotten excluded. Bubba could have lots of financial reasons to claim that at the time and lacking any proof, it just muddies the waters.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Well if you can't trust the word of Bubba the Love sponge who can you trust?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well if you can't trust the word of Bubba the Love sponge who can you trust?

Which, I'm betting, is probably why it got excluded and they didn't bother calling him in to testify.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's important to remember, when discussing the judgement of the judge presiding over this case, that she was the legal counsel for the parents of terry schiavo who kept advising them to sue the husband for murder

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
and she's a publicly elected official who doesn't face re-election until 2021.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The perfect person to preside over the case then.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Since IANAL and this is civil court and not criminal, does that mean that the judge doesn't have the ability to hold Bubba in contempt of court if he refuses to testify? Or is it a matter that this judge appears to have a dubious idea of how the law works and there's no guarantee she'd do that?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the judge is now refusing to give any journos a copy of the blank verdict form the jury is using which just seems spiteful

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Since IANAL and this is civil court and not criminal, does that mean that the judge doesn't have the ability to hold Bubba in contempt of court if he refuses to testify? Or is it a matter that this judge appears to have a dubious idea of how the law works and there's no guarantee she'd do that?

he already refused to testify and the judge went a step further. whereas typically if someone was going to plead the 5th the court would probably make them come sit on the stand and do it in person, the judge quashed the subpoena and said he didn't have to come. this is important because the defense would have been able to communicate things to the jury by asking him questions that he refused to answer

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Everyone in this case is scum including the judge. That said, Hogan only had a short window to make the tape which conveniently came right after 2 major financial disasters for Hogan. If he was in on the idea of making a sex tape with his friend Bubba then you can bet that this whole lawsuit was setup by design for Hogan to get back some of that son-who-made-friend-brain-dead and cheated-on-my-wife money he was losing.

I'll let the world's greatest detective sum it up.

Shima Honnou posted:

If Hogan gets out of this without getting in trouble and actually does get paid then he truly is the greatest worker of all time.

Amen, brother.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

In a few short minutes, today may become the greatest day in the history of our stupid loving sport.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I was expecting either Batman or (for some reason) Encyclopedia Brown.

I'm surprisingly not disappointed by this swerve.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

... So, uh. Where are these things supposed to be posted?

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
Additionally, the jury was not told why Bubba could not appear. The actual reason is that his statements have been... contradictory...and the he's pleading the 5th due to perjury fears.

Jurors were merely told that he was unavailable. Unless the jury comes back very quickly, I'm guessing that we'll see a mistrial. Reasoning will be that the jury was tainted when the judge was overturned on appeal and documents unsealed.

I'm also halfexpecting to find out the judge is Nick Patrick in drag. She has been... something.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre being/have been emailed to journos that called the clerk and requested them i think

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Oatgan/status/710926475671654400

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/TomKludt/status/710927259570466818

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:vince:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

your avatar is so perfect for the current wait to see more of the documentpocalypse

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://twitter.com/TomKludt/status/710929811221438466

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gently caress ur too fast!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN YOUR PAST STATEMENTS COME BACK ON YOU?!

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Everyone is guilty, lock them all up, cancel WrestleMania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did bubba lie to the FBI or the other folks? I would imagine the FBI wouldn't be people you would lie to. Also even if hulkster knew about the recording shouldn't Gawker lose for not pulling it on request?

• Locked thread