Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I am personally a fan of how Satanism has evolved into a secular political movement aimed at highlighting violations of the establishment clause first amendment, e.g. pushing for Baphomet statues in government buildings where the 10 commandments are displayed.

I'm also fairly okay with Universalism because I like the idea of hitler getting into heaven and everyone feeling super awkward about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I woship youre mums rear end op

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints. When you gotta get your rape on and gather 50 wives, that's the one you want.

edit: don't do the above.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

heres the idol of yer fat mam i carved and venerate op

Aug 4, 2010

druidism

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

www posted:

druidism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXzzHM8zLw

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Oberleutnant posted:

heres the idol of yer fat mam i carved and venerate op

I admire Oberluetnant's veneration of Op's mom but do not subscribe to it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I really admire how peaceful Islam is. If only more religions like Christianity were more like Islam.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I am fan of the mystic branches of major religions such as Sufi and Kabbalah.

I also like the collection of early writings that make up what we now call Hindu.

I guess I'm a dirty pagan in my heart of hearts.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theyre all dumb as poo poo, much like you, OP

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
None because it's all made up poo poo. Sorry to barge in and goonsay but still

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

definitely mithraism

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Capitalism.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

A hare krishna guy selling vegetarian food at a music festival told me that his religion doesn't proselytize because they believe everyone finds their own path in their own time. Seems like a pretty chill religion.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Frog Act posted:

definitely mithraism

OG Christians.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

The Shakers, I believe is what they were called? Some old Pilgrim-y types that were basically nevernudes. They aren't around anymore because they were so convinced that sex was bad, even for procreation.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Heaven's Gate

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I love the heaven's gate videos that dude loving cray as poo poo

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Rastafarianism ftw

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Oberleutnant posted:

I love the heaven's gate videos that dude loving cray as poo poo

I swear that whole group was just a viral marketing stunt by Nike.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Zoroastrianism.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
please leave my body out for the vultures when i die thanks

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I admire Judaism and pagan Roman state religion, that poo poo is cool.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
odinism is def one of the coolest and has no negative impact on anyone today so it wins

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

unabaumer posted:

The Shakers, I believe is what they were called? Some old Pilgrim-y types that were basically nevernudes. They aren't around anymore because they were so convinced that sex was bad, even for procreation.
they got the name from being so devoted to their prayer, they would literally start shaking and sometimes faint

also i think they made furniture for a while, even after the religion died out

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Wasn't it mormons who make wicked good furniture?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Early church of Satan, Church of the Subgenius, Odinism.

Nowadays, nothing.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Amish make some good stuff too

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I worship the one true god, the burning searing hellfire of nuclear inferno.

May you be consumed by the flash, brother.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

The Amish make some good stuff too

I always get them confused with mormons

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Islam is the light. A toy doll told me so.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
I'm a fan of ancient levantine polytheism

lots of gods and goddesses, cool idols, incense and sacrifices

the mythology owns too :megadeath:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Frog Act posted:

definitely mithraism

tell us of the mysteries of the mithraeum, o frog act

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Big fan of those Indians that tear out peoples' hearts and throw them into lava. Good moral foundations

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Islam

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm a big fan of St. Thomas Aquinas. I think he might be accountable for more miracles than any other saint. Plus his books aren't bad reading if you're into that kind of thing.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

why?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Apparently in some form of the Catholic religion, you can be an absolute shithead for your entire life, sinning so hard that they dedicate an entire church worth of nuns to just cry about you all day... and then when you're about to die you can give a bunch of money and you still go to heaven.

That's a pretty sweet deal IMHO.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I used to live in downtown Clearwater near the Scientology headquarters and sometimes I'd see a cute girl in her Sea Org outfit and wonder what went wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
bitcoin

Also, lets make sure we help Iran get some nukes

quote:

A piece of rabbinic literature(written 2000 years ago) known as the Yalkut Shimoni touches on many future scenarios both for the nation of Israel and for the world. In its section on the biblical Book of Isaiah and the prophecies contained therein, a rabbi cited by the Yalkut Shimoni states:

“That the year the Messiah will arrive when all the nations of the world will antagonize each other and threaten with war. The king of Persia (Iran) antagonizes the King of Arabia (Saudi Arabia) with war. The King of Arabia goes to Edom (The Western Countries, headed by USA) for advice. Then the King of Persia destroys the world (and since that cannot be done with conventional weapons it must mean nuclear which can destroy most of the world). And all the nations of the world begin to panic and are afraid, and Israel too is afraid as to how to defend from this. G-d then says to them “Do not fear for everything that I have done is for your benefit, to destroy the evil kingdom of Edom and eradicate evil from this world so that the Messiah can come, your time of redemption is now.”

TLDR; IRAN WANTS TO NUKE THE WORLD FOR JESUS.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 8, 2016

• Locked thread