Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pro-gun-florida-mom-shot-4-year-old-son-article-1.2558180

quote:

A proud, pro-gun mom was accidentally shot by her 4-year-old son — just a day after the Second Amendment-loving woman boasted about her tot’s shooting skills. The Florida boy found the loaded weapon in mom Jamie Gilt’s car Tuesday and shot her as they cruised down a Putnam County road, officials said.
lol

quote:

Officials said her son in the backseat fired a .45 caliber handgun into the back of the driver's seat. The bullet pierced through the cushion and struck the mom in the back.

It's not clear how the tot got his hands on the loaded weapon or where it was stored in the vehicle.
ahahahaha

quote:

He will not face charges.

"This is definitely not a criminal event. This is an accidental shooting," Capt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said.
:laffo:

quote:

The gun was legally owned by Gilt, officials said in a Wednesday statement. The mom has not been charged, but the investigation is ongoing.

“Florida Statute makes it a misdemeanor for a person to store or leave, on a premise under his or her control, a loaded firearm in such a manner that it is likely a child can gain access to the firearm,” officials said in the statement, adding that they will not file any charges before they get a chance to speak with the victim.
lmao

quote:

Gilt had previously written on social media about her defense of guns.

"My right to protect my child with my gun trumps your fear of my gun," she declared in a Feb. 13 post.
:roflolmao:

Fortunately she's alive and in stable condition, but can you imagine if she had died? "Sorry son, looks like you're responsible for your mother's death because you found a loaded gun in the back of her car, and you thought it was a toy so you used it to murder her. The good news is we won't press charges!!"

Anyways I think Obama should pass a bill that requires all parents to leave loaded firearms within easy reach of their children. What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
He knew what he was doing

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This wouldn't have happened if the mom had a gun.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
Would think she should be proud of him for applying his gun training knowledge in a real-world scenario.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i like the part where she got shot

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
guns dont kill people children do

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a self-solving problem, op.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
et tu philius

e: paging tezzor

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I'm kind of angry that someone dumb enough to let their 4 year old gently caress around with a nice Kimber like that in the car is also attractive.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Hahaha I hope the kid shoots himself next time that will teach them to have differnt values from me

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

maybe she was about to do a terrorism? that kids a hero and patriot

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Gas the parents, toddler wars now!

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I think more irresponsible gun nuts should be accidentally shot by their own children. No disrespect meant to all the gun nuts here, just the irresponsible gun nuts.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

reallivedinosaur posted:

Hahaha I hope the kid shoots himself next time that will teach them to have differnt values from me

thats messed up bro

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

One post showed a picture of happy children holding hands captioned, “Other people’s kids.” Underneath it, a photo of barbaric warriors battling with blades and maces was titled, “My kids.”
:cawg:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jon joe posted:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im glad social media is so well documented so that when tragedy happens in our lives we can not only learn the truth, guilt, etc, but also if there is any irony or stupidity for the whole country to mock

what a great time to be alive

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Guns are still really cool imo

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Next time she will stop when he says he wants some fuckin juice

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
are we sure there was no second shooter. look how she moves: back and to the left. back and to the left. back and to the left.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That kid really wanted McDonald's, that bitch shouldn't have said no.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Florida boy getting raised like a real Florida Man

Moltke
May 13, 2009
if only a good guy with a gun had been near enough to shoot that child, this tragedy could have been avoided

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

If the mom had a gun this wouldn't have happened.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
in case anyone is wondering, this is actually v funny and a good thing to laugh at

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
How does a 4 year old even lift a .45

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

donkey salami posted:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Iron Prince posted:

guns dont kill people children do

Im glad she didnt die but this was literally my first thought

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
There was a similar situation by my house. Mom left her 4 yr old and 2 yr old alone in the car while she went shopping. Her gun was in the center console and the older kid shot the younger one. The kid survived and the mom got in trouble.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Naerasa posted:

telekinesis

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

He was sitting at a fourth grade level.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Naerasa posted:

Nanomachines.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Stand yoru ground.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Naerasa posted:

apparently, not very carefully

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Naerasa posted:

liberal media conspiracy

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

jon joe posted:

donkey salami posted:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

At least she wasn't afraid when she got shot.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why do all these storys have people hiding guns in the back seat where the kids are?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I'm just glad the stupid little runt shot his mom and not some innocent bystander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

Naerasa posted:

My 18 month old could haul around gallon bottles of milk. That's like half her body weight. Kids are strong.

• Locked thread