Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Applewhite posted:

A goon stock ticker to replace the posting gloryhole. Watch your line go up whenever you're quoted or your threads are voted highly, watch it go down when you are ignored or your threads are voted poorly. Updates in real time.

This would have been great for Franco's posts: they go up when there's moral indignation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
hot new subform idea: mandatory racism forum. call it "your poc is a pos"

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
A forum for videos like "bird yells into cup" for which GBS is actually the subforum

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
A deadman switch for posting that renders the poster immune to banning while it's active but bans them as soon as they have to put it down or pass out

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
A menu of stock burns that you can use on posters from different subforums without having to check their post history or read that subforum

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
A forum wide tontine

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
A forum where you need to send a pdf of your drivera licence and a .bmp of a big pile of poo poo and you have to noticably have eaten a whole lot of poo poo between posts

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
for serious, though: buyable probations. lowtax, you want to make the site profitable again? do this

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Aralan posted:

A forum wide tontine

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

i'm imagining a series of globe spanning murders perpetrated by and against old out of shape nerds in thirtyish-fortyish years and im liking it

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a practical goat

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
"We know there's more than one. Some of these murders have happened within hours of each other, on completely separate continents. There is evidence suggesting a cabal operating in concert; note the words CUCK carved here into the flesh on the forehead, conversely these similar etchings I'M GAY in the lower back above the posterior. The real puzzling factor, are these identical printed images of some sort of walrus bear face nestled always on the tip of their penis."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aralan posted:

OPs should have the option to move a thread to a different forum when their thread gets a poo poo rating. Maybe their bad GBS thread could become a beautiful D&D butterfly

Actually this is real.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Seriouspost: Remove the word filter for the contraction of "hope this helps" I like using that one and it can be a funny punchline, hth

Also please don't touch ":asking for a friend."

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I for one am of the opinion that this word filter should be utilized in such a fashion that our prose is rendered incredibly verbose and cumbersome

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 24, 2016

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
OP's that are editable wikipedia pages so that megathreads can be updated without having to search through the thread for updates

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Filter "fam" to "my goon sire".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh I saw that Logan's Advenutre got a Comedy Goldmine feature. Great work, thread! We're really making a difference.

Now post Space Tits :colbert:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
#JusticeForSpaceTits

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
From what I remember there's too much gender bending homo acceptance poo poo in Space Tits, better let it lie.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Maybe some kind of notification if a thread I've read has a poster currently undergoing a meltdown. Sometimes I miss them and only get to see the aftermath

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

gnarlyhotep posted:

This would have been great for Franco's posts: they go up when there's moral indignation

It's less funny when he's not here to get riled up, gnarly :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
An idea inspired by the Ambientar thread: Forums Upgrade Avatar Gallery: basically, your forums profile rotates a different avatar from the ones you currently have every time someone views one of your posts (which can be configured to display or not display certain avatars in your User CP); so not only is it another upgrade to sell but it encourages people to buy even more avatars

And this way Lady Ambien can display all the various avatars made for her during the competition

• Locked thread