Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

quote:

Every month, I seem to go through an endless number of disposal pads and tampons. What impact are my moon cycles having on the planet?

According to the new book Flow: The Cultural History of Menstruation, the average woman throws away 250 to 300 pounds of "pads, plugs, and applicators" in her lifetime. That sounds like a lot. But how much is 300 pounds in the grand scheme of things? Consider that the average American woman menstruates for 38 years—a period during which she can be expected to produce a grand total of 62,415 pounds of garbage (PDF). Thus, during your fertile years, period-related detritus should make up about 0.5 percent of your personal landfill load.

periods are dangers to the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extralevel
Mar 10, 2016

by Lowtax
ur period gives u cancer miley

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Women's period-detritus is the only thing keeping our landfills sanctified with the blood of the innocent.

Stop blaming the Period of Women for the destruction of the planet when the Period of Man is what got us here in the first place.

Hail Satan. Praise Gaia.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
darn those women for being born with periods

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

"PLUGS"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im glad we men dont get periods because if my dickhole starte d bleeding you better believe i would scream

extralevel
Mar 10, 2016

by Lowtax
im supposed to say this is all normal stuff keep up the good work the world isnt ending ?!

it isnt

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Just plug that thing up with a cork.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

extralevel posted:

im supposed to say this is all normal stuff keep up the good work the world isnt ending ?!

it isnt

lol your ex girfriend is loving some better dude rn

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extralevel
Mar 10, 2016

by Lowtax

whoflungpoop posted:

lol your ex girfriend is loving some better dude rn

which ex gf LOL

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

extralevel posted:

which ex gf LOL

the one what broke your brane dare

the one what broke yor brane

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I literally in real life had to shovel out 5 gallon buckets at a time, loads of tampon applicators that women flush down the toilet out of a digester tank so I can sandblast the pipes. Climbing up a ladder trying not to vomit hauling up that mess of tampon applicators, the ring portion of condoms, various seeds, mysterious globs, and being meshed together with pounds of hair. While dodging falling urine-esque crystals when sandblasting, that stuff hurts.

so ladies, when you flush your applicator. just remember the poor ol' guys like myself who have to manually shovel that out of deep dank multi million gallon tanks.

edit, the floor is slopped towards a jet black pool that can't be pumped out all the way.. don't disturb the pool...

Edgar fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 10, 2016

extralevel
Mar 10, 2016

by Lowtax

whoflungpoop posted:

the one what broke your brane dare

the one what broke yor brane

i suppose for a kid thats a good insult but really it seems uve been ghost hunting yourselves through me not the other way around

p.s.

ur a bitch irl LOL

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

if i were a woman i'd for sure rock the DIVA CUP :allears:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gently caress da Mods posted:

if i were a woman i'd for sure rock the DIVA CUP :allears:
I'[d rock the Solo Cup, it's red already.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Got a true :nms: story for you about this (sorry about the words, but I dont have pics):

When I graduated university I moved down south with my gf for work. We were living in a small apartment in a very old building. We had been in there for around a year, and it was getting upto Christmas time. I remember getting up out of bed one evening and going to the kitchen sink at about midnight to get a glass water. The sink had small amount of brown liquid in that smelled like sewage. I was half asleep so just thought "gently caress it, ill sort it in the morning", and got water from the bathroom tap instead. The next day I woke up with this awful smell in the air....I go to the kitchen and the sink is overflowing onto the floor, the washing machine is full to the brim with the brown stuff, and the entire place stinks of raw sewage.

Gagging, and trying to not breathe through my nose, I tried using a cup to scoop the stuff into a bucket, and when the bucket was full I poured it into the toilet, but it was no use, it just kept overflowing. I contacted the land lord, who owned the building, and he came over and told us to grab some essentials and moved us out into a house he owned not far away. On the way out of the building, we passed one apartment that had literal poo poo leaking out from under the door. The landlord opens the door with his spare key. We were greeted by a huge blast of poo poo smell, and poking my head around the door, there is a thin film of poo poo all over the hallway.

Because all our Christmas food was in the freezer in our apartment, we ate frozen pizza bought from a gas station on Christmas day. When we finally get back to our apartment, 2 weeks later, after the drains had been power blasted and the apartment had been cleaned to like HAZMAT levels (I still have the certificate somewhere), we found out the issue was caused by women flushing loving sanitary towels down the toilet, with the U-Bend to the main sewage pipe being too sharp to cope with this as they weren't invented when the building was constructed. This meant that all the poo poo and piss from around 8 apartments had backed up the main sewage pipe, flooding the aprtments on the 1st floor, and leaving the 4 on the floor above safe.

We moved out about a month later.

tl;dr My apartment got flooded with poo poo and piss thanks to womens periods.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Stick a balloon up your vag, let it fill up, then have a silly balloon fight!!!!!

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

spud posted:

Got a true :nms: story for you about this (sorry about the words, but I dont have pics):

When I graduated university I moved down south with my gf for work. We were living in a small apartment in a very old building. We had been in there for around a year, and it was getting upto Christmas time. I remember getting up out of bed one evening and going to the kitchen sink at about midnight to get a glass water. The sink had small amount of brown liquid in that smelled like sewage. I was half asleep so just thought "gently caress it, ill sort it in the morning", and got water from the bathroom tap instead. The next day I woke up with this awful smell in the air....I go to the kitchen and the sink is overflowing onto the floor, the washing machine is full to the brim with the brown stuff, and the entire place stinks of raw sewage.

Gagging, and trying to not breathe through my nose, I tried using a cup to scoop the stuff into a bucket, and when the bucket was full I poured it into the toilet, but it was no use, it just kept overflowing. I contacted the land lord, who owned the building, and he came over and told us to grab some essentials and moved us out into a house he owned not far away. On the way out of the building, we passed one apartment that had literal poo poo leaking out from under the door. The landlord opens the door with his spare key. We were greeted by a huge blast of poo poo smell, and poking my head around the door, there is a thin film of poo poo all over the hallway.

Because all our Christmas food was in the freezer in our apartment, we ate frozen pizza bought from a gas station on Christmas day. When we finally get back to our apartment, 2 weeks later, after the drains had been power blasted and the apartment had been cleaned to like HAZMAT levels (I still have the certificate somewhere), we found out the issue was caused by women flushing loving sanitary towels down the toilet, with the U-Bend to the main sewage pipe being too sharp to cope with this as they weren't invented when the building was constructed. This meant that all the poo poo and piss from around 8 apartments had backed up the main sewage pipe, flooding the aprtments on the 1st floor, and leaving the 4 on the floor above safe.

We moved out about a month later.

tl;dr My apartment got flooded with poo poo and piss thanks to womens periods.

thank you for this, as i indeed, came.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im glad somebody finally posted this thread

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
One of my jobs in college was janitorial work at a place that made artificial knees and hips. The plumbing was too old to handle flushable tampons, so the women's bathrooms had little boxes in each stall to put your soiled tampons and pads in.

I had to clean the bathrooms, including those little boxes. To this day I can spot a dog in heat from 20 yards.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

criscodisco posted:

To this day I can spot a dog in heat from 20 yards.

you know i bet there are places where they hold contests for this kind of thing

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
protip for hippy women who are persuaded by this thread to try something else gaia dammit: use tobacco leaves (easily grown, they are about 12" long and 8" wide) - tie them to your vaginal area - tobacco leaves aren't super-absorbent but they'll keep the flies away

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
A period is a sign there isn't going to be another human making 62,415 pounds of garbage in their lifetime, so actually they save the earth, op.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Who flushes that? Every girl I've dated throws them away in the trash which is what I assumed you were supposed to do. Must be a lot of dumb women out there if this is an actual plumbing issue.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ArbitraryC posted:

Who flushes that? Every girl I've dated throws them away in the trash which is what I assumed you were supposed to do. Must be a lot of dumb women out there if this is an actual plumbing issue.

There's plenty of them that are intended to be flushed, so long as it's not super old plumbing.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wish men had a box of worthless poo poo to send women out to buy every month

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Blame Eve for being tempted by the serpent into eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

criscodisco posted:

There's plenty of them that are intended to be flushed, so long as it's not super old plumbing.

Yeah and 'flushable' wet wipes are in the process of destroying the sewer systems of everywhere they're used. Just cause something says it's flushable on it's wrapper doesn't actually mean it's really safe to flush. Toilet paper is pretty much the only man made thing outside your excrement that belongs in the toilet and if you haven't l learned that by the time you're an adult you're probably functionally retarded.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Blame Eve for being tempted by the serpent into eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah and 'flushable' wet wipes are in the process of destroying the sewer systems of everywhere they're used. Just cause something says it's flushable on it's wrapper doesn't actually mean it's really safe to flush. Toilet paper is pretty much the only man made thing outside your excrement that belongs in the toilet and if you haven't l learned that by the time you're an adult you're probably functionally retarded.
you belong in the toilet

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
same, the toilet is the place for me

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

amityville anus posted:

I wish men had a box of worthless poo poo to send women out to buy every month

Go get daddy some cigarettes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe the sewer system should be updated to work around the literally more than half of the population that has a period on a regular occasion for upwards of 25 years of their life.

Just spitballin here.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

otoh periods are yuicky lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

jBrereton posted:

Maybe the sewer system should be updated to work around the literally more than half of the population that has a period on a regular occasion for upwards of 25 years of their life.

Just spitballin here.

Trash cans are a thing you know.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Go get daddy some cigarettes.

I said worthLESS. cigs are worth their weight in gold in the pokey.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Trash cans are a thing you know.
Yeah sure and in many parts of the world you have to throw your lovely toilet paper into them, too, which is also gross.

I'm sure we have the technology to not fill our bins with period garbage.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I just cut the top of a 2 liter soda bottle to fit between my legs so I don't have to use the restroom all day.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

jBrereton posted:

Yeah sure and in many parts of the world you have to throw your lovely toilet paper into them, too, which is also gross.

I'm sure we have the technology to not fill our bins with period garbage.

The reality is we don't even have the technology to use wet wipes, I dunno if you have any plumbing or chemistry knowledge but it's actually a pretty big marvel that toilet paper works so well in the first place. Ain't nothing wrong with just tossing that poo poo in the trashcan for a week and giving it a much longer timeline to biodegrade without worrying about literally every bend in the pipes from your toilet to the wastewater treatment plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

The reality is we don't even have the technology to use wet wipes, I dunno if you have any plumbing or chemistry knowledge but it's actually a pretty big marvel that toilet paper works so well in the first place. Ain't nothing wrong with just tossing that poo poo in the trashcan for a week and giving it a much longer timeline to biodegrade without worrying about literally every bend in the pipes from your toilet to the wastewater treatment plant.
Reach for the stars, my man. Wet wipes and flushable feminine hygiene products truly out of sight and out of mind. A new dawn of not flipping up the bathroom bin lid to chuck a couple of razor blades out and trying not to be grossed out by your s/o / housemate's ladycrap.

• Locked thread