Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I have my criticisms of Obama's foreign policy, but I think he's given us much more flexibility. Our relationship to Saudi Arabia and Israel wasn't healthy and it took a lot of guts to stand up to them.

A lot of the confusion about our foreign policy comes from the fact that most of his advisers and both of his secretaries of state don't really agree with his basic premise of retrenchment and the relative decline in U.S. power. An unhealthy number of elite foreign policymakers think that we can continue to act like we're still in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Very classy of them to invoke Yemen when it's report after report of them committing war crimes against civilians there.

To be fair, we helped them, contrary to international and domestic law, to carry out those war crimes. There were plenty of policy options we had to lessen the carnage. Continuing to authorize the sale of billions of dollars worth of both guided and unguided munitions after ample evidence of war crimes emerged doesn't send a very strong signal.

KaptainKrunk fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 15, 2016

• Locked thread