Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think there's a lot to be critical of with callout culture, where people intentionally misinterpret things in the worst faith possible to turn an opinion they disagree with into a moral failing. There's a lot to be critical of in terms of academic censorship of materials, speakers, etc, that some might find offensive as college is kind of supposed to be a place where you're pushed outside your comfort zone and have to confront,views or ideas that don't mesh with your worldview.

However, the people championing poo poo like this mostly just wanna say dumb things and not take responsibility for it, so i end up walking away with a worse view of everyone involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I think there's a lot to be critical of with callout culture, where people intentionally misinterpret things in the worst faith possible to turn an opinion they disagree with into a moral failing. There's a lot to be critical of in terms of academic censorship of materials, speakers, etc, that some might find offensive as college is kind of supposed to be a place where you're pushed outside your comfort zone and have to confront,views or ideas that don't mesh with your worldview.

However, the people championing poo poo like this mostly just wanna say dumb things and not take responsibility for it, so i end up walking away with a worse view of everyone involved.

My reaction was mostly bemusement that given what I expected out of this hashtag, the majority of the tweets singled out by the bloggers who were so upset by this were incredibly tame, like the Lena Dunham one. All of those tweets were featured in the stories I listed.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Ape Fist posted:

but this is true though

Jastiger has a big ol boner for her for some reason

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

ArbitraryC posted:

The lesson here is that everyone is terrible and we should just live our own lives and laugh at everyone else

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
I am triggered

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Trigger please

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Feels like the world is getting worse, with several world issues getting ready to boil over.

My favorite Tom Clancy scenario is a Trump win followed by increased land reclamation by China in the South China Sea. The new Prez can't let that stand, seeing how he promised to be tough on them, so he keeps sending B-52's and Navy ships to test the UN International water treaty. The Chinese Navy hates this and one day they fire. Things escalate quickly with a Bonus option of a blessed nuclear fire cleansing the Earth.

Please vote Trump because this is way more interesting than Twitter/SJW/Gender wars !!

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Decebal posted:

Feels like the world is getting worse, with several world issues getting ready to boil over.

My favorite Tom Clancy scenario is a Trump win followed by increased land reclamation by China in the South China Sea. The new Prez can't let that stand, seeing how he promised to be tough on them, so he keeps sending B-52's and Navy ships to test the UN International water treaty. The Chinese Navy hates this and one day they fire. Things escalate quickly with a Bonus option of a blessed nuclear fire cleansing the Earth.

Please vote Trump because this is way more interesting than Twitter/SJW/Gender wars !!

im generally okay with being alive and hope things get better rather than worse even if slowly and imperfectly namaste

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Shaquin posted:

im generally okay with being alive and hope things get better rather than worse even if slowly and imperfectly namaste

We live on a finite resource world with more and more people on it. How can it get better ?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

dont serve them two jiggers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Decebal posted:

We live on a finite resource world with more and more people on it. How can it get better ?

here's a suggestion, u could die

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

yah, he should kill himself. After killing his family preferably :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gently caress the ROW posted:

yah, he should kill himself. After killing his family preferably :)

That would be at least two fewer people taking up our finite resources, checks out

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

loquacius posted:

Don't worry, I'm absolutely certain I will die

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

that wouldn't make him less right though??

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a boring thread for a boring hashtag

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ArbitraryC posted:

also this is a good post. a thing people need to realize is that the stuff you are describing in the first paragraph is being done by people all over the political spectrum, its stupid that the internet is pretending this is just liberals lol.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

that guy looks like poo poo

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the hashtag where I can drop racial slurs and complain about being called a racist?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I like anime a lot some of my faves are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun and of course Dragonball Z

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

reallivedinosaur posted:

I like anime a lot some of my faves are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun and of course Dragonball Z

dem some good picks

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...
when did I stop caring about social issues

it's like I didn't even notice when it stopped

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Decebal posted:

what if the president was robocop?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I think its perfectly fine to point a firearm you KNOW isn't loaded at your friends with your finger on the trigger as a joke

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Bitter Mushroom posted:

I think its perfectly fine to point a firearm you KNOW isn't loaded at your friends with your finger on the trigger as a joke

cops love a good firearm safety joke, make sure you yell black lives matter first (thats the punchline for the boys in blue)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://twitter.com/dangitronpaul/status/708102410825310208

hjers my tweet

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

A guy with bad facial hair an an ironic hat, I'm definitely watching that video

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I don't own a firearm, OP.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
ITT the kinds of people who have meltdowns about Star Wars and Game of Thrones spoilers throw stones, live in glass houses

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

can someone please tell me where i can get an official "vote trump" t shirt because i want to buy one and seal it in plastic and maybe in 50 years it wil lbe an interesting thing or maybe even worth money but probably not that last one.

im assuming that he made t shirts that people can buy

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

ITT the kinds of people who have meltdowns about Star Wars and Game of Thrones spoilers throw stones, live in glass houses

Star Wars, Game of Thrones, spoilers loving classic jesus this guy nailed it all in one get this cool son of a bitch a loving solid gold turd because he is officially king bigshit of forums mountain

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why do you think anybody here cares about this, op. Honest question

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm a gay fag

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

that some might find offensive as college is kind of supposed to be a place where you're pushed outside your comfort zone and have to confront,views or ideas that don't mesh with your worldview.

nothing in this world is "supposed to be" one thing or another, things come into being for one reason and then stay in being for other reasons, get co-opted, change.

college is now "supposed to be" a place where you pay a lot of loving money to participate in a certain stratum of society.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Decebal posted:

90% of people die.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

nomadologique posted:

nothing in this world is "supposed to be" one thing or another, things come into being for one reason and then stay in being for other reasons, get co-opted, change.

college is now "supposed to be" a place where you pay a lot of loving money to participate in a certain stratum of society.

sounds like hair club for men

but instead its fart club for butts

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

"#TheTriggering Just Took Down PC Culture But Not in the Way You Think."

It's telling that I read this and thought "Wtf does this have to do with pc gaming?".

Please send help, I have lost all ability to connect with my fellow man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Hey someone with twitter go post this tweet for me:

"white dudes are cool"

• Locked thread