Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think there's a lot to be critical of with callout culture, where people intentionally misinterpret things in the worst faith possible to turn an opinion they disagree with into a moral failing. There's a lot to be critical of in terms of academic censorship of materials, speakers, etc, that some might find offensive as college is kind of supposed to be a place where you're pushed outside your comfort zone and have to confront,views or ideas that don't mesh with your worldview.

However, the people championing poo poo like this mostly just wanna say dumb things and not take responsibility for it, so i end up walking away with a worse view of everyone involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Trigger please

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

nomadologique posted:

nothing in this world is "supposed to be" one thing or another, things come into being for one reason and then stay in being for other reasons, get co-opted, change.

college is now "supposed to be" a place where you pay a lot of loving money to participate in a certain stratum of society.

I don't get what your point is here, like sure I'll give you that capitalism has morphed college into a for profit enterprise but I think it's fair to say that this was not the original intent of higher education.

• Locked thread