Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

It's the Spider-Signal. He pretty much only uses it from issues #1-39 (Ditko's run). He basically just used it to shine on criminals and scare them, sort of like a Bat Signal but right into their face. When Romita took over with issue 40 they pretty much completely dropped that aspect of his costume. In issue #148 he suddenly remembers he has it (9 years later lol), and uses it as a spotlight in a pitch black building so he can see while fighting the Tarantula (who was really hired by the Jackal, revealed to be Peter's former high school biology teacher that took skin cells from Gwen Stacy and Peter in high school and proceeded to create the very first Gwen Stacy clone, 27 issues[2 years] after her death. Also the first Spider-Man/Peter clone that he has a battle with. They both think they are the real Spider-Man because obviously clones grow with the same memories and each thinks they are the true Peter Parker). I was going to whip up the CBR and screen grab the fight sequence cause it's actually pretty cool but ultimately he just shoves the dude out the window and into the daylight.

e: I did it anyway because I'm a huge fag

Writers'll whip it out once in a blue moon even in comics coming out today. The Spider-Signal owns because it's good for basically only one thing, and actually kind of sucks at doing even that.

e: And don't even get me started on the Spider-Mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Festus The Fetus posted:

That wall crawling web head is a menace!🕸

I disagree vehemently. I think he's a threat, not a menace.

• Locked thread