Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azren
Feb 14, 2011

Looks fine to me! I wasn't sure how "noire" you could get with this game, but it sounded amusing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
This works.

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011

Mega64 posted:

e: I could always just mod a shirt design in if it's easy enough. Granted I haven't really looked into modding graphics yet but from what I hear it's pretty simple.

It's not too tricky, the first thing I did was mod out the shirt from one of the sets of suspenders. All the shirts are defined by 4 sets of 8x8 squares which define the torso area for each direction in a little png file that contains a whole bunch of shirts. I think it transcludes the NPC shirts in too, but haven't rummaged in depth. Pants go up about three extra pixels from the bottom if you want high pants on your shirt.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

Freddy!

I want this now!

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I love Jake from state farm.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

evilspacehopper posted:

Freddy!

I want this now!

God Save the Queen

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

For Dot Matricks, you did switch up 'Computer' and 'Software'. She's from Computer Farm, and her favorite thing is Software. Just spotted that.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Bozart posted:

I love Jake from state farm.

Seconding this! If there's a 50's hairdo and lab coat you could also do Flo.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

IAmTheRad posted:

Beep boop, I am not a robot.

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.
I resemble a Woman and I have White skin. It's to disguise my Robot Visor show through.
I am seem to be human with a Heart on Black T-Shirt wearing Dark Red Pants.
My Long White Hair shows that I am a human.
I mistakenly got a Cat thinking it was CAT-9 cable. But I name it Cable anyways.

Not a robot. How could you mistake me for a robot when I am so obviously human. How about that $INSERTFOODHERE for Nutrition?

Changing to this!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So do insurance commercials not count as existing media?

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I vote Gus

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Got this game for my birthday. I can't fish worth crap and am the worst farmer.

It's a good game. Very relaxing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh I didn't realise we were voting beyond making suggestions. Another one for Dot Matricks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Also voting for Dot Matricks.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Also voting for Dot Matricks.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Dot Matricks!!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

My name is Dot Matricks.
I like Software.
I live on Computer Farm.
I resemble a Woman and I have White skin. It's to disguise my Robot Visor show through.
I am seem to be human with a Heart on Black T-Shirt wearing Dark Red Pants.
My Long White Hair shows that I am a human.
I mistakenly got a Cat thinking it was CAT-9 cable. But I name it Cable anyways.

Not a robot. How could you mistake me for a robot when I am so obviously human. How about that $INSERTFOODHERE for Nutrition?

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme

Reveilled posted:

Name: Fiona
Farm: Silverburn Farm
Fave: Bubble Baths

Pet: A cat called Snowshoes

Appearance: Red hair in a pixie cut, blue eyes, green shirt with brown overalls

Backstory: Fiona grew up with her Irish immigrant parents in New York, occasionally visiting her grandad back in the old country, in Stardew Valley, County Cork. She used to love the great outdoors as a little kid, but as she got older and the internet became a bigger thing, slowly her love of the outdoors trickled away in favour of an urban lifestyle typical of a yuppie new yorker. She spent her days drinking coffee and pretending to work in an office while using her phone under the desk, out of sight of the managerial staff. But eventually the emptiness of it all caught up with her, and she sought to rediscover the love of nature she had as a child. So she quit her job, packed her bags, and jumped on a plane back to Ireland to take up her grandad's old farm and have a life that feels worth living once again.

This, please.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Voting for Fiona .

Bought this game a couple of days ago (having never played Harvest Moon, etc. before) and I've had a lot of fun so far. Looking forward to the LP!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Fiona pls

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Another vote for Fiona.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Voting for the only confirmed human entry Dot Matricks.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fiona.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Fiona

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I said I'd close it Sunday morning but I might have enough time to actually get the intro out today, votes have consolidated, and people have narrowed it down to two, so...

Reveilled posted:

Backstory: Fiona grew up with her Irish immigrant parents in New York, occasionally visiting her grandad back in the old country, in Stardew Valley, County Cork. She used to love the great outdoors as a little kid, but as she got older and the internet became a bigger thing, slowly her love of the outdoors trickled away in favour of an urban lifestyle typical of a yuppie new yorker. She spent her days drinking coffee and pretending to work in an office while using her phone under the desk, out of sight of the managerial staff. But eventually the emptiness of it all caught up with her, and she sought to rediscover the love of nature she had as a child. So she quit her job, packed her bags, and jumped on a plane back to Ireland to take up her grandad's old farm and have a life that feels worth living once again.

Congratulations! I'll PM you about the game in a bit. Also let me know if your character's appearance is fine with you, I have no problem tweaking things if needed.

Intro MAY be out in a couple hours if I have time. Probably won't have time to get a video in until later.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Huzzah, we've got Irish!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Mega64 posted:

I said I'd close it Sunday morning but I might have enough time to actually get the intro out today, votes have consolidated, and people have narrowed it down to two, so...

Congratulations! I'll PM you about the game in a bit. Also let me know if your character's appearance is fine with you, I have no problem tweaking things if needed.

Intro MAY be out in a couple hours if I have time. Probably won't have time to get a video in until later.

The hair looks a little boyish, but I'm not bothered if you're fine with it! The farm is Silverburn though, not Silverbun.

And thank you, in advance, for the game. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Reveilled posted:

The hair looks a little boyish, but I'm not bothered if you're fine with it! The farm is Silverburn though, not Silverbun.

And thank you, in advance, for the game. I'm looking forward to it! :)

It's one of the boy hairs technically, but best I could find for pixie-ish. And my bad on the farm name. I'll fix it for the intro.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 12, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Introduction

Alright, let's try this again.

Reveilled posted:

This is who we ended up with. Had to take a couple liberties here and there (mainly the hair), but I think it matches the description well enough.

Now that we have our protagonist, let's get into the intro!

Grandpa's Theme

I want you to have this sealed envelope.

Now, listen close... There will come a day when you feel crushed by the burden of modern life...and your bright spirit will fade before a growing emptiness.

-----

Welcome to JojaCorp!

The greatest job on Earth!

...For most.

The player's first interaction with the game proper is to confirm their will to leave their current life of drudgery and open Grandpa's letter.

Music Box Song

P.S. If Lewis is still alive say hi to the old guy for me, will ya?

Grandpa wants us to follow his footsteps and has given us the means to do so. Fiona is ready for a change, so let's head to Stardew Valley and embrace our new life!

Welcome to Stardew Valley!

Settling In

And with that, we meet our first new face.

I'm Robin, the local carpenter. Mayor Lewis sent me here to fetch you and show you the way to your new home. He's there right now, tidying things up for your arrival. The farm's right over here, if you'll follow me.

-----

OUR NEW HOME.

What's the matter? Sure, it's a bit overgrown, but there's some good soil underneath that mess! With a little dedication you'll have it cleaned up in no time.

Just so you know, it'll take more than a little dedication, but then we're not really in a hurry to clear the whole farm anyway.

Welcome! I'm Lewis, Mayor of Pelican Town.

Yes, the same Lewis Grandpa told us about.

It's not every day that someone new moves in. It's quite a big deal!

It's a good house... very 'rustic'.

'Crusty' might be a little more apt, though.

Don't listen to her, Fiona. She's just trying to make you dissatisfied so that you buy one of her house upgrades.

Anyway... You must be tired from the long journey. You should get some rest. Tomorrow you ought to explore the town a bit and introduce yourself. The townspeople would appreciate that.

Oh, I almost forgot. If you have anything to sell, just place it in this box here. I'll come by during the night to collect it.

If you remember the shipping box from the Harvest Moon games, this is like that. Fortunately, there's no time deadline in this game for products, so you can ship stuff in the dead of night if you need to. And you can ship a diverse group of items using the box as well.

And that's the intro! Short and sweet.

Next time, we begin our adventure!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Um excuse me you forgot to screen cap our best coworker :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hooray for Fiona!

Seems like Freyja's backstory was too long and detailed. Oh well, good exercise.

Also there is a lot more detail via animations than I thought there would be. This is looking pretty neat so far.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I'm obsessed with reading about this game because I can't afford it now, but this LP will be a great way to live vicariously! I love the little SNES style animations - they remind me of FF6.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

IAmTheRad posted:

Hey IAmTheRad! I mentioned earlier that I wanted to get in on the gift-giving, and would send a copy of the game to whomever the selected winner chose; Reveilled picked you, so I want to buy you a copy of the game! You have no PMs, though, so lemme know how to get in touch with you so I can do this thing!

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

I took your advice and went ahead to buy the game. I loved HM as a kid and I figured why not? In typical HM fashion, I tried to completely clear my farm first and holy poo poo. We have so much farm. So then I went to go talk to people and holy poo poo. There is so much town. I actually got totally lost (didn't realize I had a map) and wandered around until 12am. We're off to a great start!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Hey IAmTheRad! I mentioned earlier that I wanted to get in on the gift-giving, and would send a copy of the game to whomever the selected winner chose; Reveilled picked you, so I want to buy you a copy of the game! You have no PMs, though, so lemme know how to get in touch with you so I can do this thing!

Sorry, I was not at home.

My Steam ID is http://steamcommunity.com/id/iamtherad and obviously I would like the Steam version.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I love that Grandpa is just sort of a mint flavored Santa Claus.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay, just bought it. Downloading as we speak. I'll see to Lauren's adventure. :)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Much as I loved Harvest Moon, having two inventory slots and can only carry one item at a time, keeps me away from it. Seeing the unkempt farm still made me shudder.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Um excuse me you forgot to screen cap our best coworker :colbert:

They got cut off due to the resolution I'm recording in. Made sure to go back at full resolution to grab it, though.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Much as I loved Harvest Moon, having two inventory slots and can only carry one item at a time, keeps me away from it. Seeing the unkempt farm still made me shudder.

The later games fixed that by giving you a rucksack with around ten spaces (to start) of stuff you can carry plus storage. Stardew Valley has such a system, in fact.

I'll get the first update up today. It'll probably only cover the first day since there's a lot to show off, though I'll start capturing more days per update as I go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'll buy this game if you finish the FF9 LP, Mega. If and only if.

• Locked thread