Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, while it's not in yet it's going to have multiplayer, if that's something you want in your Harvest Moon-like game. Also you can get gay-married and all that, that's a pretty cool feature that, with one or two exceptions, HM has avoided.

Andou posted:

We used to be a phone operator for an insurance company, but no more!

We are Jake from StateFarm!
We love khakis and wear them all the time. Red shirt optional.
We love our Dog, his name is Fido.

Now we work at a real farm and insure against local hunger.

I'm not voting for this but I want to let you know this made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
While I was torn between Abigail, Leah, and Maru when I first saw the bachelorettes (quite a while back, since I was following this game for a while), upon reading Penny's description I felt really bad for her and wanted to help her. She's like an A Wonderful Life character where if you don't save her via marriage her life goes to (or, well, remains) poo poo and is terrible. Hopefully you can help her even if you don't marry her and have her move in with you, or I'm going to feel bad when I play this.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to take the controversial option and vote for bats because bats are awesome, even if they're also apparently nearly useless. Seriously, a bat farm is a really cool idea and it's a huge shame that it's not a good option; hopefully it gets buffed in a patch or something.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know a feature I'd like that was in some Harvest Moon games, for after you get married? Being able to get the other, unmarried bachelor/ettes to start marrying each other. Like, in Animal Parade there was a pair for every bachelor and bachelorette (except the Witch and Wizard, who'd remain unmarried if you didn't marry them) and after you got with your spouse of choice you could get the others to start hooking up by advancing your friendships with them, which had its own scenes and whatnot as their relationships advanced. It was neat, and seems like it would be a nice addition here for things like, say, getting Penny out of the trailer even if she isn't your spouse of choice and such. It would be a lot of work though, especially if there were some flexibility in who paired up with who rather than it being one set male-female pair for each. Still, I think it'd be a neat eventual addition to the game.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For animal claims, I admittedly don't post here as often as some but I wouldn't mind claiming a goat or sheep, either works, if possible.

Also wow, yeah, I was not expecting that out of Sam. That was a lot darker than anything I'd have predicted.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stroth posted:

Or it's another joke about old man mayor sleeping with her mom and trying to keep it a secret. Probably that.

Why does everyone's mind jump immediately to child molesters?

Marnie isn't Jas's mom. She's her aunt, at least according to the wiki.

• Locked thread