Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Squeezy Farm posted:

everyone who calls in to those on weekday afternoons is insane, dude. we have a guy who gets on almost every day and screams about civil war in africa.

Sorry you have lovely radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

keyboard vomit posted:

Sorry you have lovely radio

actually it's really cool and good.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I love call-in radio, gives you a finger on the pulse of the local loonies.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
your radio is bad because it's located in a major metropolitan area and gives a voice to a vast array of mentally ill minorities --guy who probably lives in Oregon and has between two and four signed The National posters in his bedroom

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Squeezy Farm posted:

your radio is bad because it's located in a major metropolitan area and gives a voice to a vast array of mentally ill minorities --guy who probably lives in Oregon and has between two and four signed The National posters in his bedroom

I manage my local community radio's digital music library

We're putting on a record release show for this guy because he's great:

https://fringecharacter.bandcamp.com

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

the next show was doing a stop in pittsburgh and a guy corrected the host on her pronunciation of "primanti brothers."

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh yeah she prefaced it by saying "of course anybody can use the bathroom in my house, gay, black, whatever" because it's somehow different for public restrooms

the response was something about putting tarps over urinals in gender neutral bathrooms

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Citizen Tayne posted:

same, it's unfiltered comedy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

posting on the processor page

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would love to work at a radio station

like a good one tho
and not for my main paycheck

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

like a good one tho

my hs has a radio station

about 5 years before i attended they jettisoned most of the "student run" part of it in favor of hiring some on-air pros and switchin from rock to smooth jazz

but you could still take radio classes and do some work in there and then letter in radio

one of my friends did that and then went on to work at our college station and got his own show sunday afternoons which was great since he has a p serious stutter

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

like a good one tho

Everything I do is volunteer work, I'm also a receptionist and I'm working on some architectural history shows for another local LPFM station

Radio owns

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i too think radio would be an awesome job, except i have a voice made for sign language translation and i'd be canned inside of an hour for saying a swear

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i don't think this article hits every target it aims at, but i think there's something there: The smug style in American liberalism

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

radio station

good one
paycheck

choose two.

Apr 7, 2003

c jury duty status: unfit to serve on a homicide case.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

did you tell them that you can determine someone's guilt or innocence simply by lookin at them

Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

did you tell them that you can determine someone's guilt or innocence simply by lookin at them

I stated on the questionnaire they took before discussing the case that I was likely to give more scrutiny to an officer's testimony than to a civilians.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Citizen Tayne posted:

"your honor the defendant is from pittsburgh, ergo"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

i don't think this article hits every target it aims at, but i think there's something there: The smug style in American liberalism

The trouble is that stupid hicks don't know what's good for them. They're getting conned by right-wingers and tent revivalists until they believe all the lies that've made them so wrong. They don't know any better. That's why they're voting against their own self-interest.

lol this guy was born in 1990 and doesn't know what the southern strategy was

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

What they're essentially saying is that the GOP is insane and bad for business, not that Hillary is their choice.

Necc0 posted:

someone put it really well yesterday in i forget which thread: imagine sane people are a group of cats sitting on a fence watching a dog (gop) get chased around a yard by a bear (tea party, trump, et. al)

the cats look at each other and ask 'idgi why doesn't the dog just climb up something to get away??'
oh i see

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

I stated on the questionnaire they took before discussing the case that I was likely to give more scrutiny to an officer's testimony than to a civilians.

drat dude that's right up there w/ answering those personality tests that ask when it's ok to steal w/ any answer other than never ever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

ooh, that's a good one

Apr 7, 2003

A bunch of people were unironically saying "I think he's already guilty or he wouldn't be here" right in front of the defendant. Be less obvious about getting out of jury duty, goddamn.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drat dude that's right up there w/ answering those personality tests that ask when it's ok to steal w/ any answer other than never ever

like 5 years ago there was a thread where the OP worked for the manufacturer of those standardized employment tests you gotta take to work at the grocery store or w/e that ask questions like "if you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?". he had all the answer keys and some of the expected responses were just :psyduck: and i wish i could remember them all.

like iirc the "ideal" answer to the fruit one was grapes, because it means something about teamwork.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

A bunch of people were unironically saying "I think he's already guilty or he wouldn't be here" right in front of the defendant. Be less obvious about getting out of jury duty, goddamn.

does PA do executions? i figure i'd probably be canned from any homicide case because i will never convict someone in a crime where they might be sentenced to death.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
But 60 years ago, American liberalism relied too much on the support of working people to let these ideas take too much hold. Even its elitists, its Schlesingers and Bells, were tempered by the power of the labor movement, by the role Marxism still played in even liberal politics — forces too powerful to allow non-elite concerns to entirely escape the liberal mental horizon.

gosh what on earth could have happened that caused liberals to lose the support of these people holding non-elite concerns starting circa 1955

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

does PA do executions? i figure i'd probably be canned from any homicide case because i will never convict someone in a crime where they might be sentenced to death.

PA technically has a death penalty but no one actually gets executed.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

a truly punishment-oriented system

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Al! posted:

i randomly remembered of pictures for sad children today. i wonder of they are ever going to recover from their full on meltdown

lol nope

they're busy removing every trace of the comic's existence from the internet. fucker is even getting it pulled from torrent sites

basically it's the next act of the performance art piece that the strip turned into (the previous act was when they decided that the people that bought their book didn't really need it)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

But 60 years ago, American liberalism relied too much on the support of working people to let these ideas take too much hold. Even its elitists, its Schlesingers and Bells, were tempered by the power of the labor movement, by the role Marxism still played in even liberal politics — forces too powerful to allow non-elite concerns to entirely escape the liberal mental horizon.

gosh what on earth could have happened that caused liberals to lose the support of these people holding non-elite concerns starting circa 1955

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB1E0oAAc-w&t=48s

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

literally the GOP circa 1950 to the present

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

papa_november posted:

lol nope

they're busy removing every trace of the comic's existence from the internet. fucker is even getting it pulled from torrent sites

basically it's the next act of the performance art piece that the strip turned into (the previous act was when they decided that the people that bought their book didn't really need it)

lmao i have a bunch of it saved

guess i should upload it to imgur as unlisted

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

california hasn't executed anyone since 2006, but i still wouldn't risk putting someone on death row

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

papa_november posted:

lol nope

i had forgotten about this whole mess

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

quote:

meet Gagno at a Vancouver skate shop that has some of his favorite games in the city: Metallica, NBA Fastbreak, and Terminator 3. They're also some of the games he played to secure his first-ever world championship title in Pittsburgh earlier this month. "It felt amazing to finally take it home," he says, "it's a really big trophy, like 35 pounds."

http://www.vice.com/en_us/read/hanging-out-with-the-worlds-pinball-wizard-who-just-wants-to-level-up-in-life

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Bowen kerrin's gotta be so jealous right now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

california hasn't executed anyone since 2006, but i still wouldn't risk putting someone on death row

i would absolutely lie to a lawyer or a judge about w/e i needed to so that i could get selected for a jury and then obstinately force everyone else to vote for innocence or at the v least a hung jury

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i would absolutely lie to a lawyer or a judge about w/e i needed to so that i could get selected for a jury and then obstinately force everyone else to vote for innocence or at the v least a hung jury

no one is innocent

it's either "guilty" or "not guilty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

no one is innocent

it's either "guilty" or "not guilty"

ooh well lah dee dah mr "i watch law and order and know how to lawtalk"

• Locked thread